IT.COM

$1000.00

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
which of this is a better deal for $1000.00?which shall i buy? :cy:

a good domain name( one/two word ) with hope to sell for more $$$

or a traffic name that earns approx. $100.00 a month from parking??

appreciate some comments!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
traffic name that earns approx. $100.00 a month from parking??
I would go for B too :)

•••
B
Because Ber|Art and mole said so, I am a Domain newb but still $100 situation is less of a risk.

GOD BLESS

•••
b is less risk than a. a could make more money in short run, though.

•••
•••
be careful choosing the b option
why would you spend $1,000 on a traffic domain only to receive $1,200 after 1 year. $200 after a year is almost worthless. such a small gain. unless you had thousands of such domains, in which case it might be worthwhile. for 1 domain and a $200 bonus , waste of time.

and more importantly, any domain earning $100 a month from a parked page would likely have some trademark/typo . If it was a real generic name, with traffic. it would never sell for $1,000. try adding another 0 to the end.

for any tm,typo, misspelling, or company name, you should not pay more than a few months revenue. more than 6 months and your crazy. what if you get a dispute letter after 3 weeks ? $900 lost

and your also assuming, you will receive $100 each month. usually things can only go down. the person who owned this name before you likely knows how to maximise the gains, and traffic. only in rare cases can you actually change the results around and boost the revenue.

Last edited:
•••
If your domain is worth more than $1,000 then I would go with buying & selling that domain because it would take 10 months to earn money with parking a site that earns $100/month.

•••
All depends what the first name is ;D

•••
B. you can always find ways to increase earnings from your traffic. and there's absolutely no guarantee that choice A would sell. this be a no-brainer. cheers,
john

•••
I agree, B is the best choice

•••
i'll buy b if its generic.

•••
B because after the first year its all profit and you should ALWAYS be able to sell it in the future anyways...

•••
•••
b, if its not expired domain traffic and is a pure typin traffic.
a, if the domain that earns 100$ per month is expired domain traffic.

B.o.l

•••
•••
B - if the claimed earnings can be proven for the past 12 months.

•••
•••
B because you can then use the profits to buy another traffic name etc etc

•••
Hi , I think redhippo knows the right answer
But this is very nice post to earn NameBucks in very short time , not bad
:)

•••
Why not buy "B", make money with it for two years, and then buy "A" if it's still available and see what you can sell it for? ;)

•••
Yes, I should choose B because you get your money back whitin 10 months:
1. That's really fast in reality business.
2. If you park the domain for a few months you earn more then sell the other domain once.
3. You can buy the "A-domain" later I think.

Just my 2 cents :)

•••
Your second choice is guaranteed income, your first choice is not. I'll go with the 2nd one.

•••
what happens if you get stuck with the a domain and cant sell it for even 100?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back