NameSilo

Your last $8.00...what to reg?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
As suggested to me by Darren:

You are down to your last 8 bucks and have to reg a name. The catch is you aren't allowed to reg: .coms, .nets, .orgs, .infos.

What extension does your "one last hope" have?

ST

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Biz...the numbers are growing....

•••
I think it's easy to find a good .org than find a good .com,so I reg a .org.And sell it ,got money then reg .info.

•••
You put a twist to my suggestion, Scott! :yell:

To keep things clean, I'd probably go with .CO.UK. I'm sure I could probably fit that within the $8, if I go with a cheap UK registar!

Reason being, and in my opinion, .CO.UK is one of the biggest country extensions avaliable, (In English), which I actually like. I also think country extensions will be the next big thing, within time, off course.

•••
Re: Your last $8.00...what to reg?

Originally posted by Coastalguy
As suggested to me by Darren:

You are down to your last 8 bucks and have to reg a name. The catch is you aren't allowed to reg: .coms, .nets, .orgs, .infos.

What extension does your "one last hope" have?

ST

Either .biz or .us, depending on which one I could find the best available word or term in (if I were British I would substitute .co.uk for .us). As a global TLD .biz would probably be easier to resell at this point in time because having a worldwide market gives you a bigger pool of potential customers. When .us becomes better known the pool of American buyers will be large enough to support good resale values, but in these early days for the new extensions, the wider the customer base the better.

•••
.biz is starting to heat up really nicely. .us is a bit lukewarm at this point in time.

•••
At the risk of being irrelevant (since OP states no regging of .info), I just wanted to add that I am very quickly warming up towards .info because very often the extension is very suitable for the domain. I don't think I will ever reg a .US nor a .CA (to be fair!), and I would probably go for .CO.UK before plunging into a .BIZ which looks weird to me as an extension. My $0.021

•••
Originally posted by drmaximus
I would probably go for .CO.UK before plunging into a .BIZ which looks weird to me as an extension. My $0.021

B2B is really hotting up with the .biz extension.

Here's something to familiarise you with real world applications.

http://www.e4m.biz

•••
Interesting comments, and much appreciated.

Keep 'em coming,
ST

•••
I would spend $4.95, reg a 3character.biz or .us- the very best acronym I could find. W/ remaining $3.05, would purchase NP$, scour the for Sales board, go to NP auction and find the best .us avail. because they are undervalued right now, IMHO.

.us will heat up for a bit in mid June, (approx 45 da following Apr 23rd deletes), as the first drops commence and they regain some focus. My $8 worth.

•••
I'd go get something to eat at McDonald's... ;)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back