Dynadot

various Your BIGGEST Flip till now

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ro5hit

NameZeal.comTop Member
Impact
$9 to $ 400 that was my biggest flip. I haven't done well from then but that was amazing experience . You care to share your biggest flip. If possible with details.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Do you guys use a software to find more and faster your endusers or you just find them manually?
some do but wouldn't wanna share that info here. Some have scripts built for them that they use for spotting nice domain name that are on expiry or pending delete status. You got to walk your own Journey... not all information are meant to be shared in this business. It's how we role.

•••
my biggest flip was.....

i ran real fast

then jumped in the air

and flipped over two cars

:)

•••
Did you send him a feedback revision request? Because that's the only way he could change the feedback.

So basically you:

1). Haven't refunded his money
2). Haven't sent him a feedback revision request

And it is the buyers fault that you still have a neg? There is literally nothing the buyer could have done without you initiating the feedback revision, and if you had of sent it then why would he change the feedback before being given a refund? Because once he has changed it he can't change it back.

Basically he:
1. Hasn't responded to me to handle it

Negative feedback costs money in potential bids, and I'm not just PayPaling 1K to an e-mail address without even talking to him. If the dude cares, he'll respond to my Ebay messages or e-mails that I had sent him.

Now I didn't know that about initiating the refund as I've never needed to do that before; the buyers I've dealt with in the past usually read the auction title and description and then later in the event of a post-sale concern, will contact me first rather than snap-judging with horrible feedback.

EDIT: I just tried the request feedback revision option and got "None of your Feedback is eligible for revision". The guy had claimed he was doing it on his end with Ebay, and then after that I got nothing from him.

Last edited:
•••
Mine was $300 to $1200 so far. did that in 2 weeks.

•••
•••
Not my biggest, but my most profitable flip was a one word dot com (it was a made-up non-dictionary term) purchased for $5 at a close-out auction at GoDaddy and resold for $2000 also through GoDaddy as a premium listing.

This was back in 2012.

•••
EDIT: I just tried the request feedback revision option and got "None of your Feedback is eligible for revision".

You can only request feedback revision in the first 30 days.

•••
Not my biggest, but my most profitable flip was a one word dot com (it was a made-up non-dictionary term) purchased for $5 at a close-out auction at GoDaddy and resold for $2000 also through GoDaddy as a premium listing.

This was back in 2012.
All say GD Close out are Garbadge Domains . And Now i am Amazed !

•••
I would, but wouldn't want any problems with the IRS :)

A fun one from many years ago (not the highest) was g/r/a/s/s/r/o/o/t/e/r/s<>/c/o/m $1500

Hand registered, contacted by buyer a couple of months later.

•••
$90 to $20 000 .com, buy now :D

Regards,
Vitaliy

•••
Today, I just flipped a $5 GoDaddy Closeout domain for $5k in the space of 1.5 months.

•••
Today, I just flipped a $5 GoDaddy Closeout domain for $5k in the space of 1.5 months.

nice flip! curious though, why did you not grab it sooner? ($12, $10, .......)

•••
@cdboard - I don't think it really caught my attention in the regular auctions. Once a domain hits the Closeouts, if they are not picked up immediately they mostly go all the way thru to $5 and drop. Of course 1 or 2 disappear along the way. So from the time it came up on my radar, I just waited for it to go to $5. It's actually a very good name for a hi-tech company. I might have been able to squeeze some more, but I needed some cash flow because I've had a terrible couple of months. April has completely turned around for me. I'm waiting on four payments as I type this.

•••
$1.17 to $2,400

Had multiple other $1.17 ($0.99 + I icann fee) sales ranging from $500 to $2100)

Last edited:
•••
Might not be my biggest, but certainly entertaining.. Can't say the name because I signed an NDA. About 15 years ago I got a drop at reg fee. The company that owned it was a large company who forgot to renew it. They offered to pay my reg fee for it about 6 months later when they realized what happened. I replied asking for 10k. They sent a nice letter from their lawyer. I replied an even nicer letter I wrote myself, with a slight price increase to 12k. Two weeks later they agreed to it. 2 years later the domain dropped again. Sadly the NDA I signed restricted me from registering the domain. Someone else got it, but the company had it back soon after, but I don't know the details on that.

•••
Might not be my biggest, but certainly entertaining.. Can't say the name because I signed an NDA. About 15 years ago I got a drop at reg fee. The company that owned it was a large company who forgot to renew it. They offered to pay my reg fee for it about 6 months later when they realized what happened. I replied asking for 10k. They sent a nice letter from their lawyer. I replied an even nicer letter I wrote myself, with a slight price increase to 12k. Two weeks later they agreed to it. 2 years later the domain dropped again. Sadly the NDA I signed restricted me from registering the domain. Someone else got it, but the company had it back soon after, but I don't know the details on that.

Interesting and profitable!!

•••
@cdboard - I don't think it really caught my attention in the regular auctions. Once a domain hits the Closeouts, if they are not picked up immediately they mostly go all the way thru to $5 and drop. Of course 1 or 2 disappear along the way. So from the time it came up on my radar, I just waited for it to go to $5. It's actually a very good name for a hi-tech company. I might have been able to squeeze some more, but I needed some cash flow because I've had a terrible couple of months. April has completely turned around for me. I'm waiting on four payments as I type this.
Congrats bro, you selling on GD premium or offer/counter or Bin?

•••
•••
Congrats bro, you selling on GD premium or offer/counter or Bin?

I'm only ever offering my domains with offer/counter. So GD is taking a whopping $1k commission. Ouch!

•••
$350 to $13,000, two word .com in 6 months
$300 to $8,500, .me in two years:)

•••
$2.17 to $7,597
regged late 2014, sold 4 months later.

Sold hundreds of others from 2008-2009 that were about $8 - $9 each (from mid $xxx to low $xxxx)

p.s., those were all handregs (dropcatch and purchase flips not included)

Last edited:
•••
$2.17 to $7,597
regged late 2014, sold 4 months later.

Sold hundreds of others from 2008-2009 that were about $8 - $9 each (from mid $xxx to low $xxxx)

p.s., those were all handregs (dropcatch and purchase flips not included)
Nice! May i ask how you sold them? Did you contact end users or just list them on a market place for BIN/Offer?

•••
couple that I remember.

$60 -> $3k
$20 -> $1.8k
$36 -> $900
$8 -> $600
$1 -> $256

•••
Nice! May i ask how you sold them? Did you contact end users or just list them on a market place for BIN/Offer?
All of those were listed "buy now" ... the 7597 on Afternic, the others on SnapNames back in 2008

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back