IT.COM

various Your BIGGEST Flip till now

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ro5hit

NameZeal.comTop Member
Impact
$9 to $ 400 that was my biggest flip. I haven't done well from then but that was amazing experience . You care to share your biggest flip. If possible with details.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This thread makes me feel like the only failure of the Forum :D

•••
Then what the best flip so far? We want to know..

My best sale ever was with a .Ca domain !! 10-11$ to 2,500$ in 2 weeks ...

By the way, is there a place on this forum to talk about .ca domains ? I've sold more .ca than any other extension !!!

•••
I had a nice sale last week ! $0,99 to $1285 ... Not my best one !
Very nice! May I ask how you sold it? Auction, BIN, Offer?

•••
Very nice! May I ask how you sold it? Auction, BIN, Offer?

Via my parking page ! This domain was sold to an end-buyer ... The guy ask "How much ?", I wrote "$1500", He said "$1285 ?", I said "OK" and he replied "How do I pay ?" ...

5 minutes total and just a few words...!

•••
Via my parking page ! This domain was sold to an end-buyer ... The guy ask "How much ?", I wrote "$1500", He said "$1285 ?", I said "OK" and he replied "How do I pay ?" ...

5 minutes total and just a few words...!
Very nice, easy sale! :) Good job

•••
$18.99 --> $7200 in few hours ;)

•••
•••
•••
Don't think in -ve side.
Take this thread as motivational and keep up your work. As a domainer you should be self Motivated and keep your patience. Goodluck mate :)

Last edited:
•••
Respected Gotime Ventures/Ali Zandi/KCG we need you here !

•••
•••
•••
My biggest flip was a mistake on the buyer's part. So I regged a nice-sounding domain for a Form 2 model 3D printer and sat on it for a while, and finally put it up on Ebay in the domains section with the heading "form2printer.com - 3D Printer related domain for sale" and then explained all the relevant details in the description like age, expire date, current host, etc...

So after handful of bids it goes up to 1K. I researched the top bidder, and it was a dude with an ok Ebay rep who had websites related to 3D printing. So he wins, quickly pays, and I'm ecstatic. I contact my host and go through the usual process, and send him the code and other details. And nothing...Weeks go by, still nothing, and one day I checked my Ebay feedback and he left a big time negative calling me a scammer! The guy never contacted me! I've been on Ebay since 1998 and have immaculate feedback. So I contact him like WTF MAN? and he claims the ad misrepresented and appeared to be for an actual 3D printer. I'm thinking he was doing a chargeback scam because no one is that stupid, so I rip into him pointing out that it was listed in the Ebay domains section, that the word "domain" is everywhere, and there were no technical details on a printer. I finished the message with the offer of a full refund IF he removes negative feedback AND after I ensure that I still have the domain. Then the guy responds and actually apologizes having realized his dumb mistake by skimming and only seeing the words "3D Printer", and I respond still pissed and again repeating my offer, and he says he will remove the negative for the refund. And then...NOTHING. The dude never contacted me again. I've got a huge glaring negative, but on the other hand the blow is softened by a thousand bucks. After looking over his websites...I came to the conclusion that the dude is rich and impatient, and didn't feel like going through the process of removing the negative (or maybe he couldn't?) and felt too embarrassed to ask for a refund. Its really one of the weirdest Ebay transactions I've ever had.

EDIT: In the event you are curious to see the neg, it is second from the top on seller feedback: http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=jprior&ftab=FeedbackAsSeller

Last edited:
•••
One time at band camp..I was on the diving board...

Seriously, back in the day (.99 info Godaddy)
sold a few for around $100, added bonus exchange rate jumped 10 cents (USA/Can)

•••
$1.99 --> $42,000 in 40 days straight early this year.. details in the Reported Sales thread.. about 20-30% of that already reinvested in building a certain type of domain portfolio to cash out big once a specific niche market is ripe and then exiting the domain space on a comfortable financial pillow (due to whole portfolio sale, all planned until end of this year).
Wow ! Very impressive. Congrats. What was that domain ??

•••

This shouldn't make you feel like a failure it should motivate you! All these sales go to show that hard work, quality research, and some patience really pays offs.

•••
I picked up a dropped domain for $8 and some change, submitted it to BrandBucket, and after it was accepted and the logo was created and the listing went live, two days later it sold for $1795. I'll get around $1200ish after commission, but that's my greatest flip so far. Between registering it, waiting for BrandBucket,ect. I owned the domain for about 2 months.

•••
Respected Gotime Ventures/Ali Zandi/KCG we need you here !
Haha, okay okay. :xf.smile:

Hmm, let's see, my two favorites so far:
$98 into $4,000 in <30 days.
$500 into $7,500 in <30 days.

•••
the process of removing the negative (or maybe he couldn't?)

Did you send him a feedback revision request? Because that's the only way he could change the feedback.

So basically you:

1). Haven't refunded his money
2). Haven't sent him a feedback revision request

And it is the buyers fault that you still have a neg? There is literally nothing the buyer could have done without you initiating the feedback revision, and if you had of sent it then why would he change the feedback before being given a refund? Because once he has changed it he can't change it back.

•••
Don't worry, there are more of us who feel like you, but we just bow our heads and suffer in silence ... oops, I just spoke, so I guess it no longer counts LOL :P

•••
After a year of domaining, my biggest flip was from $10 to $8000 via Sedo. Purchased by an end user.

•••
My biggest flip was $20 to $150 on .com

•••
My first ever domain sale was only a month ago. :)

I had no plans to sell the domain when I bought it as I was going to build a website on it but the website didn't work out, so I listed the domain on Flippa and put the Buy Now $30. It sold within 24 hours of hand registering and listing.

Buyer chose to pay $30 via Escrow. Lol.

•••
I sold my 25 character long domain few weeks ago.. ;) bought it for $0.99 and sold it for $50 by BIN... I'm new in this business but I'm learning from you all.

•••
Do you guys use a software to find more and faster your endusers or you just find them manually?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back