IT.COM

various Your BIGGEST Flip till now

NameSilo
Watch

ro5hit

NameZeal.comTop Member
Impact
$9 to $ 400 that was my biggest flip. I haven't done well from then but that was amazing experience . You care to share your biggest flip. If possible with details.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$24~ to $15k~ in 48 hours, cold called business owner - a dot com scent related domain name.

•••
$24~ to $15k~ in 48 hours, cold called business owner - a dot com scent related domain name.

Awesome flip in just 48 hours~ WOW!!

Last edited:
•••
$19 to 2500 within two weeks.The funny thing is that I had bought it for personal use. The buyer contacted me with a $200 offer within a week of me registering it. I countered with $5000 out of curiosity. We negotiated and settled at $2500.

•••
Not my biggest flip but probably the quickest:
I bought a real estate related domains on Snapnames years ago for around $400, then sold it the very next day (or two days later). It was somebody who apparently had been the tracking the domain as it expired, but didn't know about auctions, or probably expected he might be able to register it upon drop.
Net profit: $1000.
He was fairly motivated to get the domain. Could have been greedy and squeezed more.

•••
$1100 profit on an LLL.com, 3 months after purchasing.

•••
$1.99 - $2.7k after 6months hand reg

•••
•••
For those of you who hand registered your domains, did you focus on registering lots of domains related to the same niche or was it just luck? If so, what's your ratio of hand-reg domains/flipped domains?

•••
$209.50 to $10,000 for a LLLL.org (owned for 3 years and purchased off ebay)

•••
Highest ROI was $500 to $25,000 in a few weeks. Highest profit was $1,500 to $30,000 in a year. Crazy business we're in, thanks to those who have shared as it is very inspiring. Hopefully newcomers realize these types of flips are a rare occurrence though.

•••
like 8 hand regs for 1.5-2k each, but the most notable one is a hand reg that the prospect refused to buy and then hand registered a similar name just 1 letter difference, their startup boomed and I got $500 per month in parking for 8 months in a row :D

•••
•••
$8,000 to $75,000 in 6 months. Premium 1-word .com. Buyer's initial offer was $39k. This was last year. Bought the $8k domain from the proceeds of a prior deal a couple months earlier. $4,000 to $35,000. Another premium 1-word .com. Buyer's initial offer was $19k i think.

Last edited:
•••
$1 to $15000 is my biggest flip.

•••
•••
•••
•••
A LNL.net bought at $69 at Namejet and sold for $2,000 within 2 months to an end user who inquired through Voodoo.

•••
~$8 (handreg .com.ua) to $4,500 (Czech enduser).
Passive sale.

Last edited:
•••
ACreditRepair.com = $1500

• Hand Registered for $1.
  • One of my Biggest Flip in terms of % ROI which I can disclose with friends.
  • I did not negotiate at all because total newbie in Domain World. I am still a small student and will always be a student in this World.

•••
•••
•••
•••
Oldie but goodie:
$8.50 hand reg to $400,000

Registered the name in 2002 and sold in 2005.

If you want to know the domain just like my post and I'll PM you if I'm online.

Last edited:
•••
If it's possible, please share the domains too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back