sales You have to know what you own - DWN.com sells for 2,999 Euros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
You have to know what you own, or ask someone. What in my opinion is the best value buy of the year took place on Sedo this week. DWN.com listed as buy it now for 2,999 Euros was scooped up quickly by a Chinese registrant. I verified this with Sedo for 100% accuracy. So there is no conspiracy here. The seller was Data Warehouse Network out of Cork, Ireland. Here is the thing they got acquired by another … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
The buyer was so lucky to get that. I always check sedo buy it now as well as godaddy buy it now but ive never seen anything like this

•••
So, this makes us think that it's the company who sold the domain. It was a decided move so I don't think it could be an inside job.
Don't you get it? It was sold to a friend or someone. The company got their 3000 Euros but now the person who owns the domain can sell it for way more.

The new buyer is probably a friend of the person inside the company.

•••
Ok MYSTERY SOLVED! I just spoke with Diana Pitcher and it WAS a good sale, name was NOT stolen and she literally just had no idea it was worth approx 20X more :(

So that's that, good sale, uninformed seller, sounded like a very nice lady and she just did not know the names market value.

•••
I called her and JP called too and got through so legit sale.

•••
The seller thinking "I made some great cash selling that thing" So dont spoiler their happiness with an email lol

•••
This just goes to show you that there is a lot of money to be made with domain names. The majority of domain owners are not domainers and are clueless as to what their domains are worth. With a pool of 125 million .coms to choose from there are many bargains to be had directly from the source.

•••
That's right you have to go to the source. While many domain owners are unaware of value, all LLL.com holders must have been spammed to death by domainers :) Even if their holders didn't realize the value, by now they should.
It's hard to believe they haven't been slammed with spam in the past, or their antispam is actually doing a good job lol.

•••
That's right you have to go to the source. While many domain owners are unaware of value, all LLL.com holders must have been spammed to death by domainers :) Even if their holders didn't realize the value, by now they should.
It's hard to believe they haven't been slammed with spam in the past, or their antispam is actually doing a good job lol.

A very important reason to keep your whois info up to date as well. If she had done so she would be richer for it, sad.

•••
May be first family member had it on privacy, second inherit family member put it for sale right away. Something along those lines. Got to know what you received.

•••
A very important reason to keep your whois info up to date as well. If she had done so she would be richer for it, sad.

When you talked to her, were you able to clarify whether it was her domain or the company's?

•••
I never asked Nat, she seemed like a nice lady and when she asked me "what is it worth" it didn't strike me as someone who sold it without permission or personal gain because that type of person would have known its value, right.

Now in saying that how she came to selling it or if she had a legal right to, no idea.

Id like to think a little good of people and am giving her a benefit of the doubt on this one.

•••
@TheLegendaryJP I wasn't implying she did anything wrong. There just seems to be a lot of confusion who owned it in the first place. You said "she would be richer" if she had kept the WhoIs up. But she would only be richer if she was the owner, no? Maybe you were just using the language casually :)

•••
I was using the term casually yes, whom ever could have been richer ;)

Now who the owner was 100%, no idea. One could figure that out as well, call former owner, the buy out company, have the lawyer to check the agreement to see if the domain was part of the sell or not and so on.

I have caught and nailed many thieves, ex employees and former admin's are a norm.

So I ran a scenario through my head, if I were her and she wanted to steal the name and sell for herself she would have known it's value, otherwise why even have the thought, right.

I chose today to think good of someone, rare day let me have it LOL

•••
Yep. I worked with a few 3L chip owners in December 2015. Many were getting several enquiries per week, some with a 5 figure offers attached.

the owner of this LLL.com not receive several email with offer via whois email ? how not know the value of a LLL.com

Incredible story , now many domainers everiday go to take a look on sedo if can find a LLL.com at chip price :)

•••
I'm sure as soon as it was listed it was sold. You can't tell me that a company the size of Sedo with it's many employees that some employees there don't have some type of alert within their system when good names come up cheap. Especially as simple as it would be to create some script just for short domains. There are way to many smart people out there for this not to occur. I'm sure within minutes a buddy alerted another buddy with a, BUY BUY BUY BUY!!!!

•••
How I wish I was that lucky buyer... He was at the right place, right time, right opportunity.

•••
So a few new tidbits today, DWN.com moved to privacy this morning. Secondly DomainIQ.com now shows nothing for DWN.com

No portfolio information is available for this domain
The domain may have been recently registered, or sufficient WHOIS details may not be available at this time. Please check back later.

So it's getting interesting

Just as I predicted... Get your popcorn you guys; the drama is about to start...

•••
Was the domain sold via Sedo Escrow or Sedo.com?

If it was sold by Sedo Escrow it probably was traded from one person inside the company to himself or a friend.

Oh boy... I guess anything is possible...

•••
Ok MYSTERY SOLVED! I just spoke with Diana Pitcher and it WAS a good sale, name was NOT stolen and she literally just had no idea it was worth approx 20X more :(

So that's that, good sale, uninformed seller, sounded like a very nice lady and she just did not know the names market value.

Unbelievable... You are legendary indeed... Well done!

•••
This just goes to show you that there is a lot of money to be made with domain names. The majority of domain owners are not domainers and are clueless as to what their domains are worth. With a pool of 125 million .coms to choose from there are many bargains to be had directly from the source.

True that!

•••
lol and now we have a reference. You can now contact LLL.com holders and offer them 6000$ stating that DWN.com sold for 3000$ only and you're offering the double :D

•••
Could it be a money laundring event?

He actually paid $3000 from legit money and 97k from Black Money?

PS: Just a simple possibility, Nothing more.

•••
Well I do not believe that is what happened here, it is a possible way to launder money, sure.

•••
I saw it too in sedo. It’s not the first time that I saw a very low price with a "buy now" option there and I have tried in the past to buy those names and all the time the seller didn’t give the names to me and I got the money back from sedo.
I thought it was the same thing in this case, but if the buyer really got the name so…… lucky him and silly me.

If you can get one in a hundred than it worth the effort (n)

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back