sales You have to know what you own - DWN.com sells for 2,999 Euros

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
You have to know what you own, or ask someone. What in my opinion is the best value buy of the year took place on Sedo this week. DWN.com listed as buy it now for 2,999 Euros was scooped up quickly by a Chinese registrant. I verified this with Sedo for 100% accuracy. So there is no conspiracy here. The seller was Data Warehouse Network out of Cork, Ireland. Here is the thing they got acquired by another … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It looks like Data Warehouse Network was bought by Sybase years ago, and a couple of years ago SAP bought Sybase. SAP did 25 billion dollars in revenue last year.

Stock price: SAP (NYSE) $98.49 +1.14 (+1.17%)

I don't think anyone's going to be crying about the loss. Probably an inside job between friends. :)

•••
That's amazing, really amazing!

•••
It looks like Data Warehouse Network was bought by Sybase years ago, and a couple of years ago SAP bought Sybase. SAP did 25 billion dollars in revenue last year.

Stock price: SAP (NYSE) $98.49 +1.14 (+1.17%)

I don't think anyone's going to be crying about the loss. Probably an inside job between friends. :)

Right that's what I put in the article, Sybase acquired it back in 1999, so this got lost in all the transactions.

•••
•••
•••
Right that's what I put in the article, Sybase acquired it back in 1999, so this got lost in all the transactions.
I was just adding the SAP part. A company that does 26 billion in revenue probably isn't to concerned about something like this unless of course it's one of their main domains.

•••
•••
You're a better person than I am... If someone offers me something dirt cheap and it's legit, I'd take the money and laugh my way to the bank... Just being honest!

I applaud your honesty. I'm sure a good number of us have that same demeanor. I just feel for the seller, you know?

•••
So there no way for the seller to reverse the transaction I presume?
It's a contract, they probably don't even realize it, this guy will probably get a shrine dedicated to him in China, front page chip story.

I would say up until 2013 you could still get 3L.com's for sub $5K

•••
I was just adding the SAP part. A company that does 26 billion in revenue probably isn't to concerned about something like this unless of course it's one of their main domains.

Oh yeah I agree, but the name stayed in Diana's name, so I wonder if she never mentioned it to Sybase.

•••
I guess I just lost 97k today

How so?
Crazy $hit....

I have come across deals like that in the past, but move along quickly.

99% of the time it's either a stolen name or a scam.

I fell for it once years ago with Godaddy, and my funds ended up being tied up.

It was a mess.

Congrats to the buyer though!

I know, right? It could end up being the case here as well...

•••
•••
How so?

I know, right? It could end up being the case here as well...
I lost 97 k because i was busy studying and not keeping an eye on this domain so i could have bought it for 3k

•••
After RQH.com sold for $2,000 a few years ago, I started checking the LLL.com buy it now on Sedo, but not every day.

I always thought about writing python script that would scan for gems like this every hour and would send me an eMail/text when it popped up, but I thought that nobody would be that ill-informed to list such a name at low prices.

I will be writing that script tonight for sure.

Huge win for the buyer. Bigly.

•••
I still don't fully believe this. Think about it, this lady figures out how to list the domain at Sedo with a Buy It Now price but doesn't take the time to figure out what it's worth. I think there is much more to this story.

•••
I still don't fully believe this. Think about it, this lady figures out how to list the domain at Sedo with a Buy It Now price but doesn't take the time to figure out what it's worth. I think there is much more to this story.
@TheLegendaryJP If there is anyone that can figure out the real story it's you.

•••
It looks like the lucky buyer recently sold ZNN(.)com [Not on NameBio - assuming private sale]

WHOIS for ZNN(.)com changed hands from current DWN(.)com owner email address to new email / WHOIS info sometime between 15 February 2017 and 4 March 2017.

•••
which one.jpg

prices.png

•••
I lost 97 k because i was busy studying and not keeping an eye on this domain so i could have bought it for 3k
Oh thanks for clearing that up. For a second I thought "You mean the seller even has an account here at NP??"

•••
•••
I always thought about writing python script that would scan for gems like this every hour and would send me an eMail/text when it popped up, but I thought that nobody would be that ill-informed to list such a name at low prices.

I will be writing that script tonight for sure.

Sounds like fun.

•••
It could cost someone their job. Companies don't get to the levels they do by letting "little" things slip. It can quickly add up to millions in lost revenue.

•••
Oh yeah I agree, but the name stayed in Diana's name, so I wonder if she never mentioned it to Sybase.

The WHOIS email for DWN(.)com changed between 14 February 2017 and 4 March 2017.

WHOIS EMAIL
14 February 2017: [email protected]
4 March 2017: Diana@Diana[LASTNAME].com

The WHOIS phone number remained the same. It doesn't appear to be a company phone number, as it's also listed as her number for her southern district secretary profile.

•••
We're talking about SAP the huge software company? It had $22,062,000,000 in revenue last year and is valued at $120,000,000,000 in the stock market. This is more like a $40,000 slip-up. It's like a bartender spilling a drink at a restaurant or something in terms of impact on the company. But I do agree maybe someone could get fired but I doubt they will. $40,000 could pay someone's salary for a year.

•••
I hear ya guys and I expressed my reservation on thedomain.com about it. However TheLegendaryJP is tired at the moment and billion dollar companies are generally not who I fight for ;) not to say I am not tempted to dig deeper.

I have always said if there are red flags there is trouble, where there is smoke, fire type thing so I am 50/50 on this one tbh. Some things make sense and some don't. Really good questions should be answered....

1. WHO sold it?
2.Did that person have legal right to?

You could go further like how long on sedo before found, how couldn't she know it's value. Maybe her internet was disconnected 12 years ago and she just got it back.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back