Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

THTMVATMEDNOATTop Member
Impact
Hey nP members,

today I registered the following 3 character .tube domain:

Y0U.TUBE | y0u.tube | http://www.sedo.com/search/details.php4?domain=y0u.tube

This domain name contains of the letter y, the digit 0 and the letter u (so it's not an IDN) while it ends with the new .tube extension.
Currently it's parked via SEDO, at this time I don't know for how much I will sell it (depends on the offer/s) if I will sell it.

I created this thread to ask you these qustions:
  • What are your thoughts about this stylish 3 character LNL CHIP .tube domain?
  • For what could stand the letter / digit mix 'y0u'?
Your opinion/s about it is / are welcome!

Thanx,
all the best with your invest,
kingof.top

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyway each one has rights to dislike the post he doesnt like.
If NP staff want to check all disliked posts, this is thier problem and time.
Dislike is just doesnt like somebody opinion, but if I see the ofensive post and want the NP staff pay attention I click in REPORT.

•••
If NP staff want to check all disliked posts, this is thier problem and time..
yeah, screw the system and those who uphold it!!

•••
It's always a thing of view.
I disliked only posts which included insinuations or bad wishes in my view.

Let me remember that this thread was created to discuss the view on a domain and not to discuss the view about the 'dis/like' activities.

The domain is y0u.tube and it is spelled 'WY' 'ZERO' 'U' 'DOT' 'TUBE' and your view about it is welcome but please don't insinuate me something - otherwise I will dislike it.

Last edited:
•••
some hackers and phishing sites are replacing the o for an 0 because it confused people.

I have invested $30 on 20 brandable domains using coupons and deals and for now 13 have been accepted by BrandBucket. There's a better way to invest $30 IMO

woah. where do you buy domains from?

•••
•••
🚩

A short and friendly message to all "experts" which were so highly convinced that I will surely get problems with this domain name:

Google (YouTube) never contacted me in regards to this domain name - it seems that they too were aware of the fact that the LNL - combination "y0u" is a completely different string than the letters of the word "you" and that therefore the domain name "y0u.tube" is not a reason for confusion regarding their domain name "youtube.com" - like I was aware of it since I started this tube I mean thread.

Due the fact that I later started to put my focus onto another TLD (which, BTW starts also with a "t"), I decided to let this LNL - ".tube" domain name ("y0u.tube") expireee

However, of course I was always understandung your concerns and you can be sure that I appreciate all well meant advices - even if they turned out to be unfounded nonsense as we can see.

Finally, although I see no problem with a registration of this LNL - combination ("y0u") with this TLD (".tube"), I nevertheless would not recommend to register this domain name ("y0u.tube") as long as you won't be able to argue that you have not registered it in bad faith like I was able to argue it (as you can see in this thread).

Simply because there is always the rest risk of the possiblity that domain name - dispute - panels unfortunately don't always decide in the right wayyy

It's up 2 y0u.

•••
No one contacted you about it because it was about as hard to land on it or find it via search by accident as your hundred letter topppppppp domain. i.e. no one knows or cares.

Last edited:
•••
Hey nP members,

today I registered the following 3 character .tube domain:

Y0U.TUBE | y0u.tube |
Your opinion/s about it is / are welcome!

Google is a trillion dollar company so maybe they'll buy this from you for a billion or two.

•••
Nearly 4 years have passed since thread started. Dropped the domain. Did this thread influence or did you get that letter?

•••
No one contacted you about it because it was about as hard to land on it or find it via search by accident as your hundred letter topppppppp domain. i.e. no one knows or cares.
1.)
You don't know if "no one" contacted me about it since I only wrote that "Google did not (never) contact me (about it)".
Google is big but Google is far not everybody.

2.)
With your statement "...hard to land on it or find it via search by accident..." your are just confirming the core point I made since beginning - there is no risk that this domain name ("y0u.tube") can be confused with the other domain name ("youtube.com"), even not by a typ0.

3.)
The domain "topppppppp" does not have 100 letters, it has only 10.
But zeros are heroes, they do not fear us even if they are near us.

4.)
You know (plus all those from which you don't know that they know).

5.)
You care (plus all those from which you don't know that they care).

•••
Google is a trillion dollar company so maybe they'll buy this from you for a billion or two.
As you can(t ?) read in my short and friendly message a bit above, I already decided to let this domain name expire since I got other plans, higher plans to put it more clearly.

However, I don't think (and also never thought) that Google is interested in this domain name since I am (and always was) sure that they can (and that they also believe that the critical mass of their visitors can) distinguish between the digit "0" and the letter "O/o" and between the TLD ".tube" and the TLD ".com".

But I have another domain name from which I believe it can and most probably will be sold in this or even a higher price range.

•••
Nearly 4 years have passed since thread started. Dropped the domain. Did this thread influence or did you get that letter?
You can find the answer to your question in my previous replies.

•••
Domain illuminati,

Did you get any offers on the domain since you posted this back in 2016?

•••
I guessed that NP Admin did not intervene would be not wrong. People might have learnt something from this thread, more or less.

•••
Domain illuminati,

Did you get any offers on the domain since you posted this back in 2016?

n0 ;)

I decided to let it expire after a year since it created enough attention ;)
It got then registered by somone else who let it expire too ;)
Now it seems to got registered a third time by somone else - it will most probably expire again ;)

Simply because a 0 is not an o/O ;)

•••
I guessed that NP Admin did not intervene would be not wrong. People might have learnt something from this thread, more or less.
You made a point.
We can learn from everything - also if it may not always seem so at first glance.
It looks like nP did not ignore that important fact.

•••
another fun but time waste thread, I like it btw and thanks someone pick this 2016 thread live.

•••
•••
another fun but time waste thread, I like it btw and thanks someone pick this 2016 thread live.
Seems you (and all others who agree with your view that this thread is a "time waste - thread" while contributing to it) love to waste your (their) time.

I love to use my time, that's why I started this thread.

I will always take my time to point out the difference between a 0 and an o/O if needed.

•••
Can't fix stupid.
I can fix it (but only for those who are willing to distinguish between a 0 and an o/O).

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back