NameSilo

new gtlds .XYZ: From 0 to 1 million registrations in the words of the CEO

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Daniel Negari posts about his journey of taking .XYZ from 0 to 1 million registrations.
The whole story is chronologically put up and provides a great account of building the .XYZ empire.

Great article and inspirational too!

Read the article on CEO.XYZ

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I believe that number is going to drop drastically over the next couple of months, unless someone cuts renewal fees, or an extra year is given away.

•••
I believe that number is going to drop drastically over the next couple of months, unless someone cuts renewal fees, or an extra year is given away.

Without a doubt.

•••
Those who doubt missed the boat with .xyz, good generic. I foresee no gTLD surpassing this one, .web maybe but they will be over priced. So I don't even see that happening one year later.

Congrats .xyz on your first year! :D

•••
Talking about empire, but the emperor has no clothes :)

•••
•••
Hello,

From a domain investor's perspective, it has to be one of the least lucrative generics ever. At least so far:

http://dnpric.es/?q=.xyz

Even if that list obviously not includes all sales, it gives us some indication.

•••
Hello,

From a domain investor's perspective, it has to be one of the least lucrative generics ever. At least so far:

http://dnpric.es/?q=.xyz

Even if that list obviously not includes all sales, it gives us some indication.

Rome wasn't built over night, nor was .com. :laugh:

•••
Can anyone enlighten me how searchable xyz compare let's say to io?

•••
Rome wasn't built over night, nor was .com. :laugh:

The future will tell. I have many pretty solid keywords dot XYZ, so I certainly hope that it will became a new Rome. ;)

•••
Before the "future" let's talk about the Reality: how many xyz did you sell?

•••

It's to young like all gTTDS, not a fair question. Ask me later..

•••

4 so far, but all of them in late 2014.

•••
The future will tell. I have many pretty solid keywords dot XYZ, so I certainly hope that it will became a new Rome. ;)
I was thinking more like Pompei ;)

Reality does not count on NP :) But it's a fair question: if there is no interest and hype in the beginning, it doesn't bode well for the future.

It's to young like all gTTDS, not a fair question. Ask me later..
Yes, always later.... :(

I've never seen a serious .xyz website...

•••
Those who doubt missed the boat with .xyz, good generic. I foresee no gTLD surpassing this one, .web maybe but they will be over priced. So I don't even see that happening one year later.

Brb. Going to kick myself.

•••
Can anyone enlighten me how searchable xyz compare let's say to io?

About the same. Xyz is one character longer and thus takes a little bit more time to type in but both terms return the search results in about 0.35 seconds.

•••

This is one boat that I wish I did miss... don't worry though, I'm getting off at this stop!

I didn't go crazy and buy a bunch, I did get a few, which I'm going to return this year.

•••
Nomen, thank you for your reply. The question is not about Speed, but How searchable are xyz?

To give you an idea, try to Google the word "draw" (that example was given by one of the domainers here).
Your will see draw.io on the first page.

As for me, I have never seen xyz domains on the first pages (thus buying them is useless).
So, how searchable they are at all?

•••
Nomen, thank you for your reply. The question is not about Speed, but How searchable are xyz?

To give you an idea, try to Google the word "draw" (that example was given by one of the domainers here).
Your will see draw.io on the first page.

As for me, I have never seen xyz domains on the first pages (thus buying them is useless).
So, how searchable they are at all?

I have only seen .xyz in spam but just because they have low search rank today doesn't mean it will stay that way. Develop some useful sites on them and their search value will increase.

•••
0-1 Million registrations steps:

Step 1 = Give away most of them free for the first year. I got 21 given to me myself by the registrar and I never asked for them. They just gave them to me as matching (example.com = example.xyz) to existing domains I had at the registrar.

Step 2 = Charge $1 for first year reg's.

Higher renewals than .com = Tons of drops after first year, even after getting the first year free!

•••
It's all about development and has nothing to do with the extension. Do you honestly think .io etc will get better results within Google. LOL

Several of my parked .xyz domains get a lot of hits, one is CHP. CHP.(dot) xyz is #1 when keyed in that way on Google, think what it could do with an active site. ;)

•••
0-1 Million registrations steps:

Step 1 = Give away most of them free for the first year. I got 21 given to me myself by the registrar and I never asked for them. They just gave them to me as matching (example.com = example.xyz) to existing domains I had at the registrar.

Step 2 = Charge $1 for first year reg's.

Higher renewals than .com = Tons of drops after first year, even after getting the first year free!

Who gave you 21? I never got one free, where did you get 21 free??? :|

•••
Who gave you 21? I never got one free, where did you get 21 free??? :|
I had bought a domain portfolio from a seller who had 21 reg'd at NetSol and I was waiting till I could reach the 60days before I could transfer the ones I wanted to keep out and they just sent me an email one day saying they had given them to me.

Google it, it was a key to their bloated numbers.

•••
I had bought a domain portfolio from a seller who had 21 reg'd at NetSol and I was waiting till I could reach the 60days before I could transfer the ones I wanted to keep out and they just sent me an email one day saying they had given them to me.

Google it, it was a key to their bloated numbers.

Oh you bought the .xyz portfolio with 21 of them listed and then they said hey they're free. Would love to see that e-mail, please post! :rolleyes:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back