NameSilo

new gtlds .XYZ, .CLUB and .VIP Receive Government Approval In China

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Been reading all over about this today. Looks like approval has finally come for .xyz, .club and .vip. Should see inceased registrations now that sites using these three tld's can be hosted in china.

I read about this on domaining.com.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Exciting! I have some .xyz and .club. But no .vip.

•••
Are you interested in NNNN.ws no 4's ?
No we own one pinyin name that will be 6 figures if .ws takes hold in China - a big if- and that's enough for us.

•••
•••
•••
not at all, you remember the .xyz you pointed out to me that I had, ill transfer it free to you if you want it?

•••
I totally missed out on .xyz and .club and .vip extensions. I just stuck with the "old guard" type thinking that these extensions are worthless to stick with .com's I guess you investors of such things are having the last laugh huh?

•••
I totally missed out on .xyz and .club and .vip extensions. I just stuck with the "old guard" type thinking that these extensions are worthless to stick with .com's I guess you investors of such things are having the last laugh huh?
Look at their sales and you will have the answer.

•••
In our country, these junk suffix has been resisted by the domain name investors. Very few people play

•••
I have the following for sale:
DVRS.vip
THCHUB.xyz
VIPBOX.xyz
VIPBOX.club
btw look out for .company, they are going to register that one too I presume.

•••
In our country, these junk suffix has been resisted by the domain name investors. Very few people play

a voice of reason with actual exposure to the market.

Last edited:
•••
Get ready for a major .xyz sale pointed at China.

I expect there will be 5 to 10 million more .xyz domains registered before the end of 2016.

That will break the Verisign Triopoly in terms of registrations, and in less than a 3 year time frame.

Last edited:
•••
“Even before accreditation, .xyz has been our best selling new domain. Our customers have been eagerly waiting to use their .xyz domains for their professional and personal websites,” said He Xiaojiang, CEO of Chengdu West Dimension Digital Technology Co, LTD. With the abundance of .xyz websites we will be seeing in China in the near future, we expect our daily .xyz registration volume to grow by a factor of 10, while aftermarket activity and auction sale prices rise dramatically in the coming months,” she continued.

“It has been a pleasure working with the XYZ team over the past two years to help make .xyz one of the most popular new domains in China. We are also glad to see the effort .xyz has made in fighting against abuse” said Bridge Song, General Manager of Alibaba Cloud Computing’s Domains & Websites Division. “Now that .xyz is accredited in China, we look forward to increasing our marketing efforts with them to help our enterprise clients expand internationally on .xyz domains."

“.xyz is already the go-to domain extension for the next generation of internet users all over the world,” said Daniel Negari. “With a whole new generation of businesses and individuals now able to host their .xyz websites in China, our team can’t wait to begin featuring our favorite ones to inspire the Generation XYZ community.”

https://gen.xyz/wp-content/uploads/2016/12/MIIT-Accreditation-Press-Release-20161201-EN-1.pdf

Last edited:
•••
Congrats, I'm glad one country seems to really like them, they were at 65% according to - https://namestat.org/xyz

Maybe go higher now.

Am I seeing this right @JB Lions

It looks like it just jumped to 80% in a matter of minutes.

Alibaba is also the leading company in terms of market share at 62%.

•••
Am I seeing this right @JB Lions

It looks like it just jumped to 80% in a matter of minutes.

Alibaba is also leading in market share of .XYZ at 62%.

The 80% is the Geographic Spread for 2016-12-05

The number below, overall is 64.5%. So I guess that should go up. It was already pretty high for China, just 7% United States.

•••
Chris do you have any idea if .ws is nearing China approval? They have been working on it for some time now and some major domainers bought .ws in a big way. Thank you.

Hi @London555

I'm not sure. The only ones I was aware of were .XYZ and .Club due to the blog posts on Allegravita.com.

I actually only invest in .XYZ but I also purchase the other legacy extensions (if I can) whenever I develop a website so I don't lose traffic.

•••
Yeah .. but that was likely $9,999,900 for the business .. and giving the benefit of the doubt absolute beyond maximum value of $100 for the actual sling.xyz domain (probably more like $20 after the little post-approval bubble dies off)

I understand that it was a business sale and not a domain sale but it is another good End-User using .XYZ.

Abc.xyz
Starship.xyz
Engine.xyz

Those are three other noteworthy End-Users. There is a long list at:

https://gen.xyz/live

•••
Just bought an interesting Chinese pinyin in the .de (Germany) extension Caifu.de We read an article about Chinese students flocking to Germany so we'll see-this is a long term hold so no rush and our first .de-the .com or .cn of this pinyin is def. worth over $3 million USD.
"Caifu" means "Wealth"
indeed, caifu has a very good meaning, we Chinese people like this word very much.

•••
I have the following for sale:
DVRS.vip
THCHUB.xyz
VIPBOX.xyz
VIPBOX.club
btw look out for .company, they are going to register that one too I presume.
i have this Phoneservice.xyz . FanShop.xyz . OnlineStudy.xyz

•••
caifu8.vip
caifu88.xyz
caifu88.club

•••
YearOfTheDog.xyz
YearOfTheDragon.xyz
YearOfTheHorse.xyz
YearOfTheMonkey.xyz
YearOfTheOx.xyz
YearOfThePig.xyz
YearOfTheRabbit.xyz
YearOfTheRat.xyz
YearOfTheRooster.xyz
YearOfTheSheep.xyz
YearOfTheSnake.xyz
YearOfTheTiger.xyz

Ok story behind this,
I was reading a fake news site about a guy buying yearofthe .horse domain for a million. then it hit me.
I wonder has anyone ever regged the complete set so I went searching and no.
Nobody owns the Complete chinese Zodiac calendar in YearOfThe(Animal) .com, .net .biz. .org .info Different people own different ones and some own a few more, so it would be nearly impossible to buy them that way.

so GD very kindly put on a sale and I snapped these up.
The complete list of Chinese Zodiac calendar all owned by me.
I foresee a great future in these domains!

•••
Pleasantly surprised. Was able to pick up GRO.CLUB!

Opinions and offers always welcome.

•••
YearOfTheDog.xyz
YearOfTheDragon.xyz
YearOfTheHorse.xyz
YearOfTheMonkey.xyz
YearOfTheOx.xyz
YearOfThePig.xyz
YearOfTheRabbit.xyz
YearOfTheRat.xyz
YearOfTheRooster.xyz
YearOfTheSheep.xyz
YearOfTheSnake.xyz
YearOfTheTiger.xyz

Ok story behind this,
I was reading a fake news site about a guy buying yearofthe .horse domain for a million. then it hit me.
I wonder has anyone ever regged the complete set so I went searching and no.
Nobody owns the Complete chinese Zodiac calendar in YearOfThe(Animal) .com, .net .biz. .org .info Different people own different ones and some own a few more, so it would be nearly impossible to buy them that way.

so GD very kindly put on a sale and I snapped these up.
The complete list of Chinese Zodiac calendar all owned by me.
I foresee a great future in these domains!

I recommend purchasing single keywords like:

Brokering.xyz
Diplomacy.xyz
Innovating.xyz

Or first names like:

Ashley.xyz
Bert.xyz
Stanley.xyz

Last edited:
•••
Ategy said,
"I'm not sure if I'd want to be holding anything but the top 0.01% left-of-dot" (referencing .xyz)

This is probably true for most tlds.
Cheers

•••
Good news! hopefully, all these TLDs will get more exposure in china market.

- Cndomain.club is up for sale if anyone interested.

•••
Been reading all over about this today. Looks like approval has finally come for .xyz, .club and .vip. Should see inceased registrations now that sites using these three tld's can be hosted in china.

I read about this on domaining.com.

Anyone have any idea what

六合彩.xyz may be worth ?

六合彩 Is the Mark Six lotto in HK. It's huge .

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Six

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back