NameSilo

new gtlds .XYZ, .CLUB and .VIP Receive Government Approval In China

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Been reading all over about this today. Looks like approval has finally come for .xyz, .club and .vip. Should see inceased registrations now that sites using these three tld's can be hosted in china.

I read about this on domaining.com.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
BINGO! We just hand reg'd chepaimai.xyz This is pinyin for "car auction" in Chinese. If .xyz catches on this is a major league name. The point of this post is to let all know there's still some GREAT names/words out there to hand reg. in .xyz . Names such as zuche.xyz (rental car) and many others are taken by Chinese already but there are obviously some GREAT ones left-just look.

Last edited:
•••
In our country, these junk suffix has been resisted by the domain name investors. Very few people play
Then please tell us why "caifu" "fangdai" paimai" etc is taken by chinese in almost every single extension INCLUDING ones not yet approved by China. Thank you.

•••
we have also many good .vip domains auctioned, we'd like to share with you later.

•••
I am not saying that the term is completely worthless it is however not how Chinese people would write car insurance. If you paid regfee for it, worth taking a little risk. Nothing wrong with that.

It's like CarInsure.com in English. Of course everyone understands what it means but people wouldn't write it that way. I don't think Carinsure.com would be worth as much as CarInsurance.com despite being shorter.

Ideally you would want to use chexian.
I understand your point we also own "car" names like xingganche.com and .cn ( "sexy car") for some reason in China these "car" related names bring exceptional amounts of money in the .com version. The other .xyz "car" name we own as mentioned above is chepaimai.xyz ( car auction) as i said i have no idea if .xyz will take hold in China but if it does we wanted a few names. Thank you for you insight.

•••
I am not saying that the term is completely worthless it is however not how Chinese people would write car insurance. If you paid regfee for it, worth taking a little risk. Nothing wrong with that.

It's like CarInsure.com in English. Of course everyone understands what it means but people wouldn't write it that way. I don't think Carinsure.com would be worth as much as CarInsurance.com despite being shorter.

Ideally you would want to use chexian.
Did you see that mingche.com ( luxury car) sold for over $2 million? some of these car related pinyins sell for very large sums but you must have the .com and .cn

•••
so
Question please does the Chinese market use the .org often? We have a name duzhu.org ( "bet" ) that we think has real potential in the future-thank you.
some companies use .org domains, but these kinds of endusers are not too many.

•••
was it heidelberggermany.xyz or dubaiuae.xyz? which one?

•••
We already had 88a.club but also reg'd 888a.club and 888w.club We'll see if these ever become worth anything-they just might now. Any thoughts if .ws gets China approval? We own one of the best pinyin names in .ws and are going to hold to see what happens. We have enough but NNL.club names are still avail. but probably not for long re: 99x.club etc We have enough already. Good luck to all.

Are you interested in NNNN.ws no 4's ?

•••
Wow congrats ... but I still don't have any of these extension. :)

•••
Congrats, I'm glad one country seems to really like them, they were at 65% according to - https://namestat.org/xyz

Maybe go higher now.

•••
China don't seem to have helped .Top much

•••
•••
•••
Just bought an interesting Chinese pinyin in the .de (Germany) extension Caifu.de We read an article about Chinese students flocking to Germany so we'll see-this is a long term hold so no rush and our first .de-the .com or .cn of this pinyin is def. worth over $3 million USD.
"Caifu" means "Wealth"

•••
indeed, caifu has a very good meaning, we Chinese people like this word very much.
Thank you -we actually own the word "caifu" in a good portion of the European extensions .de .ch and .be Germany Swiss and Belgium. What I find interesting is that most of the other extensions for this word are owned by Chinese even .es and .cz ( Spain and Czech. )

Last edited:
•••
•••
i have freesite.xyz and more
only english keyword

•••
Quick question... I have HongKong88.xyz. It's in its Grace Period. Should I renew it? Will it be worth anything? Or just let it drop?

•••
•••
•••
Surprised not to see .TOP in the list, lol.

•••
Pleasantly surprised. Was able to pick up GRO.CLUB!

Opinions and offers always welcome.

Had no idea what that is, put it in quotes - https://www.google.com/search?q="GRO+club"&biw=1280&bih=541&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwinidfSz-XQAhXMdSYKHe-eCWIQ_AUIBygC

So it's a prostitution club? Oh it is, so I guess it's legal over there

A girl working in a club or bar in the Philippines to keep male customers company. The "Guest Relations Officer" or GRO always gets the men to buy her inflated priced "Ladies Drinks" that she gets a monetary kickback from. Nearly all GROs are prostitutes who can be "Bar Fined" and taken from the bar for short time or long time sex. Nearly all GROs fall under the auspices of the "Maddam" and live at the bar or in substandard dormitories provided by the bar.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Had no idea what that is, put it in quotes - https://www.google.com/search?q="GRO+club"&biw=1280&bih=541&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwinidfSz-XQAhXMdSYKHe-eCWIQ_AUIBygC

So it's a prostitution club? Oh it is, so I guess it's legal over there

A girl working in a club or bar in the Philippines to keep male customers company. The "Guest Relations Officer" or GRO always gets the men to buy her inflated priced "Ladies Drinks" that she gets a monetary kickback from. Nearly all GROs are prostitutes who can be "Bar Fined" and taken from the bar for short time or long time sex. Nearly all GROs fall under the auspices of the "Maddam" and live at the bar or in substandard dormitories provided by the bar.

Guest Relations Officer is one of the 25 Acronyms for GRO. Here is a list of the others:

Rank Abbr. Meaning
GRO General Register Office (UK)
GRO Guerrero (Estado de México)
GRO Gamma Ray Observatory
GRO Greensboro, North Carolina (Amtrak station code)
GRO Growth-Related Oncogene
GRO Guest Relations Officer
GRO Greater Research Opportunities
GRO Grass Roots Organizing
GRO Groundfish (FAO fish species code)
GRO Government Relations Office
GRO Gerona, Spain - Costa Brava (Airport Code)
GRO Gasoline Range Organic
GRO Gateway Research Organization
GRO Growth Rate Operator
GRO Grimaldi Robotic Observatory
GRO Gardening and Resident Outreach (South Hadley, MA)
GRO Ghost Recon Online
GRO Glamorgan Record Office (UK)
GRO Global Run-On (microbiology)
GRO Graduate Recruitment Opportunity (Georgia)
GRO Graduate Research Opportunity (various schools)
GRO Granular Restore Option (software)
GRO Gallery Route One (California)
GRO General Routine Order
GRO Generic Receive Offload (computing)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back