xynames domain landing page

NameSilo
Watch

xynames

XYNames.comTop Member
Impact
What do you think?
www.xynames.com

this is the universal landing page people land on after going to any of my domains for sale, such as for example www.pay3.com and then clicking on the "____.com is for sale!" link at the top and bottom.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Its pretty good and simple. But if your goal is that a lot of people sign up I would remove everything else that is not needed for that goal :)

•••
Hi! Thanks for the input. I'm not sure what you meant by "if your goal is that a lot of people sign up" --- did you mean, that people send in a lot of inquiries on domains?
or what exactly you meant by, " I would remove everything else that is not needed for that goal."

The landing page seems to be working based on the quality of inquiries I am getting, although even the plain Jane aqua colored one we used to have (attached) with no contact us form just a listed email, moved a lot of domains.

Attachments

• xynamesconf_landingpage_small.jpg
    xynamesconf_landingpage_small.jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 209
•••
yea but I would remove the email adress on it and would only use the contact form :)

•••
It's interesting but I still get inquirers, including ones who end up actual buyers, who just click on the email and do not use the form. Some people still like to just click to send their own emails.

Starting to get spammers who enter an email address twice into the form but gobblegook into the phone number - SPAM is a sign that we have arrived with high traffic, lol.

•••
black background of top menu doesnt looks good at all, you need to change it.

•••
It's a primarily black with white lettering website. What they used to call "reverse video" before our time.

Last edited:
•••
Overall a nicely done website that should instill reasonable confidence in a potential buyer or in a seller of names in dealing with your website.

A quick comment:

IMO your TM slogan should be consistent in it's use of the " W " in Winner.

In some places the " W " is written as an upper case " W " and, in other places the " W " is written as a lower case " w ".

Again IMO, the " W " should be consistent throughout and should be written in the upper case.

•••
Thank you for the suggestion on the Land on a Winner. I've filed for a registered trademark on this (for the phrase itself not stylized) which if it issues will be the first issued in the category of domaining (a new class I proposed to the USPTO, which I was surprised to find does not yet exist).

•••
Change the fonts, if you can. Arial is ugly, IMO.

•••
Overall a nicely done website that should instill reasonable confidence in a potential buyer or in a seller of names in dealing with your website.

A quick comment:

IMO your TM slogan should be consistent in it's use of the " W " in Winner.

In some places the " W " is written as an upper case " W " and, in other places the " W " is written as a lower case " w ".

Again IMO, the " W " should be consistent throughout and should be written in the upper case.

Ah okay, I looked at it again now. The land on a winner (TM) at the bottom is purposely all lower case so as to flow into the sentence, so that the words do not jump off the page. The Land on a Winner (TM) near the top is standalone. This was all intentional and part of the diction. We claim a trademark on the phrase anyway, regardless of capitalization.

HOWEVER, I did go ahead now and capitalize the W in my namepros signature. :xf.wink:

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Try to add some search mechanism. Not many will have patience to go through long list of 1000+ domains. Got the idea, uh?

•••
The main thing is the landing page
www.xynames.com/contact.html
close to 99% of the inquirers are coming straight from the domain to that page.

The rest will peruse the site, and yes, eventually will have an on site SQL searchable database just haven't implemented it yet.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Thanks. It's red not purple though.

sjVAkipl.jpg

The red turns bright blue when mouse hovers over it.

HBFjSrIl.png

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
Take a look on your iPhone it will fill screen perfectly. Arial must be the font (see #12 post above).

Thanks! for the comments though, I will consider.

If I were to re-do the site would re-do it a different type of mobile responsive, different code entirely.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Take a look on your iPhone it will fill screen perfectly. Arial must be the font (see #12 post above).

Thanks! for the comments though, I will consider.

If I were to re-do the site would re-do it a different type of mobile responsive, different code entirely.

This is something you have to do with extreme caution, since you mentioned that your visitors are in love with the current settings and your landing page converts very well - which is the ultimate goal. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

•••
True. I get offers via the landing page daily and no spam.

•••
@xynames
I'm sorry but I try to be honest.
personally I do not see anything special here.
you mean visitors asking about the domains you sell through that page or want to buy the website itself?
the layout is not responsive, the combination of colors sometimes is not good (blue/red), margins and padding are not always the same.

check here:
http://www.xynames.com/site_map.html

upload_2017-11-11_17-10-7.jpeg

•••
I get offers on my domains usually multiple times daily, but always at least one offer a day, via my landing page submission form. And no spam.

Actually it’s funny that you mention that because one offer a few weeks ago was for the XYNames domain itself which is not for sale. So that offer must’ve come from someone who landed right on the website.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back