IT.COM

XTS - Someone trying to sell my domain.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I fell for it.

Hi guys.
It's really painful that I got this site quite late. I'm the latest victim of eliteinvestment.net.
A guy y name Urbansky: [email protected] sent me the same message I've read from other people here,
I found your domain, how much is it, have you done appraisal...
I'm new to this domain business, so I fell for all the tricks of domain appraisals.
I wanted to use sedo.com, but he refused, arguing that since I parked my domains with sedo, it wasn't likely we'd get unbiased assessment. He said he wouldn't paying a higher price, if the price came out much higher. My instinct told me to be suspicious, but ignorance and inexperience made me fall for it.
I did the appraisal for 60euros, using domainexplorer.org, and the price came up higher to $5,350 (I had listed it for $1,500). I was happy about the outcome of the appraisal, so I sent the result along with the appraisal certificate link, to him.
That did it. All my messages were returned undelivered. I checked his website again, it didn't come up on the server.
And today, I just decided to google eliteinvestment.net. I found myself here.
It's so unfortunate that I didn't research this out before now.
Well, nothing much is lost, as I now know the real value of my domain. Hopefully, someone else will buy.
Thanks guys, for these posts.
I have a lot to learn from this business. And I'm willing to.
Now, I have many domains listed for sale. I'll do the right thing next time I received such an offer - google 'em out.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
the domain was XTS,com?

i think that domain is owned by exponent on this forum

•••
Im curious, what made you believe that e-mail?

Im not joking or making fun of you. Its just... that its hard to even get replies back when I send a serious offer to buy a domain name, AND these scam e-mails gets responds? how is that?

Maybe i should use their e-mail, to contact owners of domain names I am interested in buying, cause it seems they are more succesfull in getting answers then my serious e-mails. :)

Just to clarify, Im not sending scam e-mails or anything like that. I occasionally contact domain name owners which I want to buy domain names from and I dont even get a reply back. :)

But... Im sorry to hear that you fell for it.

•••
Im curious, what made you believe that e-mail?

Im not joking or making fun of you. Its just... that its hard to even get replies back when I send a serious offer to buy a domain name, AND these scam e-mails gets responds? how is that?

Maybe i should use their e-mail, to contact owners of domain names I am interested in buying, cause it seems they are more succesfull in getting answers then my serious e-mails. :)

Just to clarify, Im not sending scam e-mails or anything like that. I occasionally contact domain name owners which I want to buy domain names from and I dont even get a reply back. :)

But... Im sorry to hear that you fell for it.

Well, i guess there's always a price for ignorance. I've learnt my lessons. lol.

•••
call cc & ask for a charge back :td:

•••
always search before taking any action

•••
call cc & ask for a charge back :td:
Yep, recover your money. Hopefully, more victims will do the same until their merchant account is terminated :|

•••
Recovering the money via CC is the way to start.
and like you have said lesson learnt :)

I just find it so so annoying that scammers are out there and when there are more decent people out there you are sometimes suspicious of them :(

•••
I think becuase scammers have alot more practice in sounding legitiment while the normal person has no idea and they are all outfitted to commit the crimes

•••
I am attempting to get my money back through PayPal as I also got an appraisal done as the result of a similar email offering to buy my domain: TextaPsychic.mobi for $15 k

The company behind this is DomainExporer.com - called Plimus on PayPal. Hopefully I will get my $84 back. This is the first time I have put any of my domains up for sale and I guess this is how you learn - by making mistakes.

Humbling though.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back