www typo's

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi all,

Anybody have any idea on the value of typo's where the "dot"
is missed after www?

Example: wwwharrypotter.com owned by Amazon.com

How many hits do you think this typo gets and whats it worth??

Thanks,
Jon

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
I have seen a number of people register those kinds of names to leverage the traffic potential

•••
Originally posted by Riceman
I have seen a number of people register those kinds of names to leverage the traffic potential

I've come across some, as well. Traffic would be very difficult to judge, as it would depend highly on the term following the "www", IMHO. I've also come across MANY of these in the daily drops, as well. "wwwsearch.com" (in use) will likely leverage, as stated ... "wwwvacuumfilters.com", probably not.
B-)

PS. Very interesting, indeed. :p

•••
Almost every top quility domain with this typo is taken most being used by directories.

Anybody care to guess on how many typos of this nature per 100 typings??

Thanks,
Jon

•••
Interesting! Sorry I just had to say that. :p

•••
umm... 1000?

I think its worth the reg fee for the typo name but you really dont know if it works so not too much more.

•••
Search in google groups returns the following:

"www.yahoo.com" = 51,900
"wwwyahoo.com" = 23

Groups is representative of typo errors, as these are not published pages (that usually go through proofreading), but things people just type and submit. So I guess in this case typo error is about 0.044%.

•••
After reading this thread again and doing a bit of research myself I do not think the typo is worth much. sure you may get a few hits but that doesnt seem to be too much because its not often that it happens.

•••
I regged one by accident for a client and sold it for like 10 NP$. wwwjerseystyleforums.org ;)

•••
wow let me count the number of characters

20!!!!

COOL!!!

•••
Originally posted by Guppy
Almost every top quility domain with this typo is taken most being used by directories.

Anybody care to guess on how many typos of this nature per 100 typings??

Thanks,
Jon

ssaw a wrong typo name
generator software
somewhere...
cannot remember
where.
anybody know:gn:

•••
i think it was kohasi's typo gen

•••
I've tryed getting typos, I own Poducts.com (misspelled Products), I looked a while ago for wwwandthensomethinghere but didn't see any good ones.

•••
Originally posted by armstrong
Search in google groups returns the following:

"www.yahoo.com" = 51,900
"wwwyahoo.com" = 23

Groups is representative of typo errors, as these are not published pages (that usually go through proofreading), but things people just type and submit. So I guess in this case typo error is about 0.044%.

wwwyahoo.com = :gn:

Some www typos are really sweet :)

•••
i dont think wwwtypos work at all

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back