Dynadot

Pickleball Paddle Graphics Design

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Gregr

Perfectname.comEstablished Member
Impact
I'm going into the Pickleball paddle business. I could use some crowd feedback. Which one of these four do you like?
which.png

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
You liked the bigger logo? Thanks
I opted for a design without the large Z and liked the placement on the sides the best. By keeping the middle free, the design becomes a little sleeker, calmer, and more chic. At least, that is how I experience it. With option 3, left and right are also in balance. Good luck.

•••
I opted for a design without the large Z and liked the placement on the sides the best

The designs with the large Z remind me how tennis folks would dye their strings.

1716691916169.png

It got me wondering if the Z had any technical meaning besides fashion. I'm not a pickle ball player, just wondering if the Z could resemble the sweet spot of the paddle where you try to hit the ball?

Then I got lost trying to picture a pickle ball paddle like the pitch zone in baseball, where the hitters zone is broken down to a grid, showing a pitcher the potential hot and cold spots for a batter. Or a training racket, perhaps there are certain spots of the paddle one tries to hit the ball with for the best slice vs topspin vs flat shots? Put a sensor in the middle of the paddle and record how many shots hit the sweet spot?

By the time I was done trying to reinvent the paddle of a sport I've only played a few times, I forgot the original question was multiple choice, 1-4.

Anyways, after all this, all I have to say is nice initiative to make use of this 3L.com!

Last edited:
•••
Which one of these four do you like?
I've only played a few times and had my pickle balls handed to me by a regional champ each time.

I'd view videos and see what the resting position of the paddle is between plays and/or while resting. It might work out in such a way that the orientation should be up/down rather than left right.

Additionally, have it flipped from side A as opposed to side B so no matter how it is 'rested', the name/logo has a better chance of being easily read.

If you plan to use a 3L of this caliber, make that sucker big! Let the live crowd, still photos and/or videos make it easy to see.

•••
•••
Only one voter so far.

It could mean that none of the 4 options are really that great... Is there a 5th option?

•••
•••
•••
Another choice to make. Black or gold edge protector?
compare-protector.png

•••
•••
Number 3. The biggest logo. Good color to put over dark grey.
People need to see your logo from afar while watching the game.
You must emphasize your logo. I don't see the point on the big Z.
Best whishes in the paddle business! (y)

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Turns out the titanium/carbon fiber fabric is not black.

choice.png

•••
•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
The overall readability of text and logos on black was so much better :(

Last edited:
•••
•••
Hence the change in colors and use of outlines.
Can the zigzag effect be made a little less prominent? This is extremely distracting, making text and logos less readable.

•••
Can the zigzag effect be made a little less prominent? This is extremely distracting, making text and logos less readable.
It can be painted over but many think that will result in a performance loss.

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back