IT.COM

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
coreyg said:
still a work in progress http://www.credit-score.in/

Cheers
Corey

When you use all articles that have been written by someone else, do you find that google drops you? I have always been weary of using article sites for content, for fear of getting flagged for duplicate content. What has your experience been with this?

•••
Just updated the theme at http://www.cheflikeme.com/ and added a new block quote which makes it easier to differentiate the ingredients from directions. Would appreciate your input what else to change.

•••
This thread is making me waste time building mini-sites lol.

Here is one I just did. Graphics took about 20 min. (struggled getting the bullet holes to look right..) Content took about 20 min. Only one page though, not really any ads but a $350 airsoft affiliate gun link. :) Have sold three of that one on another site this month. I will be adding more.... Not sure if the header graphic is too "over the top"... Any comments appreciated.

http://www.m4a1.info

•••
Fragger said:

That really looks great. I spent the time to read about the weapon on your website :)) It would be great to have some more info; such as is there any other country using it currently, real life pictures, some extra stats and etc...

•••
Fragger said:
This thread is making me waste time building mini-sites lol.

Here is one I just did. Graphics took about 20 min. (struggled getting the bullet holes to look right..) Content took about 20 min. Only one page though, not really any ads but a $350 airsoft affiliate gun link. :) Have sold three of that one on another site this month. I will be adding more.... Not sure if the header graphic is too "over the top"... Any comments appreciated.

http://www.m4a1.info
Nice. A couple comments though (strictly the way I like to do things. I would opt to keep my Google link,text background colors the same used for site links and content/background. If was mine I would do away with the right column and place the Adsense in a float right div where the content text wraps around it (add margin or padding).

Just my thoughts and I am no graphics artist. Adsense blended with content seems to work better than blasting them at the viewers. I do like your header.

•••
NewYorkBum said:
That really looks great. I spent the time to read about the weapon on your website :)) It would be great to have some more info; such as is there any other country using it currently, real life pictures, some extra stats and etc...

Yeah. I will be adding a few more pages. Just wanted to see if the design looked alright. Problem is, google doesn't seem to want to put up ads about guns. haha. I guess I will use section targeting to make google focus on the bit about Airsoft Guns instead of real guns.

•••
Nice looking sites guys... Great work!!

I have completed these 2 now, re-worked a free template I found, think it was called "red sensation" or something. Also have another one coming, but paid aeiou.com to do it. Will post it here when its ready.

www.toydogs.info
www.phuketthailand.info (content is crap on this one, paid an article writer to do the content. He was dirt cheap but I learned my lesson to always ask for samples :)

Cheers

•••
My latest

Free Math worksheets

I thought I'd show off my latest minisite here since I just got it to the point where its ready for the public to see. Altogether it probably took me a total of 80+ hours to get it to this point spread across the last four weeks. I've still got to draw up a few (hundred) headers to give the tools a bit more variety.

Let me know what you all think and if you spot any typos or something broken.

•••
blaknite said:
My latest

Free Math worksheets

I thought I'd show off my latest minisite here since I just got it to the point where its ready for the public to see. Altogether it probably took me a total of 80+ hours to get it to this point spread across the last four weeks. I've still got to draw up a few (hundred) headers to give the tools a bit more variety.

Outstanding site.... I would say you already have PLENTY of headers for the worksheets. You don't want to give them so many choices they can't decide! :) What program or script do you use to make the PDF files? Or did you make it yourself? Very neat site, and a real time saver for a lot of instructors I bet. You might want to make the background of your google ad's white though. The blue kind of "separates" the ads from the content, which can lead to ad blindness.

•••
blaknite said:
My latest

Free Math worksheets

That is awesome, I will be using your website from now on myself :)) I would like to point out something, it would be great if you make the numbers on the pdfs a bit smaller.

•••
Fragger said:
Outstanding site.... I would say you already have PLENTY of headers for the worksheets. You don't want to give them so many choices they can't decide! :) What program or script do you use to make the PDF files? Or did you make it yourself? Very neat site, and a real time saver for a lot of instructors I bet. You might want to make the background of your google ad's white though. The blue kind of "separates" the ads from the content, which can lead to ad blindness.

I knew the ad color was off. I was planning on a 1pixel wide black frame around a white or very light grey background with black letters and blue links. When I generated the ad code I stuck the numbers in the wrong boxes. I've still got a bit to do with listing the site on search engines, finalizing the ad design and updating keywords in the meta.

The entire site was written in notepad and that includes the template and the scripts. Thats why it took more than 80 hours to complete. If you google for EzPDF Class, you should find the php class that makes the pdf's. All you do is include the php file in your script and it handles all the pdf stuff. You just do a few basic comands. Create Page, Insert image, Insert text, Insert lines, ect then call a final command output pdf. There's also native support for pdf's in later PHP installations, but my godaddy shared hosting didn't seem to have it installed.

NewYorkBum said:
That is awesome, I will be using your website from now on myself :)) I would like to point out something, it would be great if you make the numbers on the pdfs a bit smaller.

Thanks for the tip. The font size is calculated based on how many problems need to fit on a page and how many digits there are in those problems. I'll adjust the calculation to subtract a few points from the final calculated font size and see if it breaks anything.

•••
•••
How much do you make from those bryan?

•••
d0main said:
How much do you make from those bryan?

It varies really, one is fairly new and one i just launched last week. So far it has averaged around a few clicks per day.

•••
blaknite said:
My latest

Free Math worksheets

Awesome and a great idea.

•••
•••
•••
I was dumping it next week anyway, so no, not afraid of them. Just a good example of a simple template site.

•••
How do you guys build backlinks to these minisites?

I know a focus on my sites has been a clean simple interface with a hook to make people want to visit and use the site. The thought behind that is to make the site sort of viral where people want to put up links because they like the site. It seems like alot of the minisites I see posted here have such a busy interface and so little real content value that getting anyone to backlink them would be a struggle.

If you are not building backlinks, are these sites getting traffic? if so how/why?

Not to put anyones site down, I'm just curious how it works. (it must be working because so many of you are doing it) I can see how having a busy interface would influence click-through. I imagine people might click an ad to get away to somewhere less cluttered and with better content...

I guess what I'm really wondering is if I'm doing it all wrong by putting too much focus into quality?

•••
blaknite said:
How do you guys build backlinks to these minisites?

I know a focus on my sites has been a clean simple interface with a hook to make people want to visit and use the site. The thought behind that is to make the site sort of viral where people want to put up links because they like the site. It seems like alot of the minisites I see posted here have such a busy interface and so little real content value that getting anyone to backlink them would be a struggle.

If you are not building backlinks, are these sites getting traffic? if so how/why?

Not to put anyones site down, I'm just curious how it works. (it must be working because so many of you are doing it) I can see how having a busy interface would influence click-through. I imagine people might click an ad to get away to somewhere less cluttered and with better content...

I guess what I'm really wondering is if I'm doing it all wrong by putting too much focus into quality?

I mainly build my initial backlinks by using a program that individually visits a preset list of directories, auto fills the forms, submits them, then moves on to the next site. It takes me about 2 hours to hit 1500 directories. I hand selected the directories I use, which took me quite a while, but all of them are pr3+ directories. Then, I go to all of my other developed sites ( ~200 ) and add my new sites link to all the link pages on those sites. For sites I really want to get a lot of backlinks, I just add to the blogroll of some of my blogs with hundreds of pages. So, generally within a few days I can build 3,000 or so backlinks to my sites.

But the weird thing is, I am starting to think backlinks only matter for Google, not Yahoo or Live/MSN. For instance, I developed an affiliate site last week that is in a specific niche of Bed and Bath, which now ranks #3 on Yahoo and #1 on MSN and I never even bothered to add backlinks for it. Gets approx ~75 hits a day from those two search engines.... Yet I have some sites with thousands of backlinks that don't even get as much traffic. Who knows.....

Last edited:
•••
blaknite. you really come up with some interesting ideas. I hope the turn out to work well.

Fragger, Strange that you say that as I have been noticing some changes when I review SE stats. While I am no big fan of Microsoft I have started using MSN/Live when I am most interested in the newest/up to date/fresh content. A number of my mini-sites do quite well in MSN. If I am looking for something very specific I use Google. IMHO Google content is often old, stale and filled with broken links and irrelevant results after the first couple pages. Best thing they could do is clean the bad crap from the database.

YAHR

•••
Fragger said:
I just add to the blogroll of some of my blogs with hundreds of pages. So, generally within a few days I can build 3,000 or so backlinks to my sites.

So do you find that the multiple links coming from the same site really do help to build traffic? I have a blog that will be reaching its hundredth page soon. I actually started it to build backlinks by occasionally posting an article about one of my minisites. I had been avoiding plastering my links into it's blogroll because I thought too many backlinks from the same domain might hurt the effort. Seems like its something google might easily red flag.

P.S. How much would it cost me to get one of my sites run through your automated directory submission script?

•••
blaknite said:
So do you find that the multiple links coming from the same site really do help to build traffic? I have a blog that will be reaching its hundredth page soon. I actually started it to build backlinks by occasionally posting an article about one of my minisites. I had been avoiding plastering my links into it's blogroll because I thought too many backlinks from the same domain might hurt the effort. Seems like its something google might easily red flag.

P.S. How much would it cost me to get one of my sites run through your automated directory submission script?

I have never had a problem with having many links come from one blog, in fact, one of my sites that I only added to the blogroll on ONE blog attained a PR 3 from just all those links.

As far as the software goes, it's a tad expensive for the software. But if you want a cheap free way to do it quick... go here.

http://www.shoplagom.com/directory-submit-links.php

Then, it will give you a javascript link. Drag this link onto your bookmark toolbar. Then, whenever you go to a directory, just click on this link in your toolbar and it will fill in all the pertinent information. All you have to fill in is the security code on whatever directory you are on.

and here is another nice addon for firefox....

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/673

After you install the plugin, simply edit the file entering whatever information you want on each line. I usually enter 4-5 different descriptions for my site, just so all the directories aren't the same. After you install the plugin, to the right of every form line there will be a little blue arrow. Just click on it, select the line of text you want to enter in the form, and click again. This way I feel it is better for SEO purposes to have many different descriptions for your site.

And here is a good place to start for a list of free directories.

http://www.onewaytextlink.com/links.php?type=free

If you want, I could also send you an excel spreadsheet I have made with about 10,000 different free directories.. but that site has most of the good PR free directories already.

•••
Fragger said:
I have never had a problem with having many links come from one blog, in fact, one of my sites that I only added to the blogroll on ONE blog attained a PR 3 from just all those links.

As far as the software goes, it's a tad expensive for the software. But if you want a cheap free way to do it quick... go here.

http://www.shoplagom.com/directory-submit-links.php

Then, it will give you a javascript link. Drag this link onto your bookmark toolbar. Then, whenever you go to a directory, just click on this link in your toolbar and it will fill in all the pertinent information. All you have to fill in is the security code on whatever directory you are on.

That link in and of itself is an interesting minisite... :)

Actually I wouldn't even mind manually filling out the 1500 submission forms, but I stopped cold when I was looking into directory submission before. The first couple of directories I found had a reciprocal link requirement, and I didn't want to add all those outbound links to my site. I figured there probably weren't many directorys that don't require a reciprocal link and so I was thinking it was a dead approach. (A bad habit of mine is that sometimes I pass over the best ideas because I can't imagine them working.)

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back