Dynadot

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Quick little blog I whipped up tonight about Womens Shoes

•••
Fragger,
Thanks for the links to the directories and also that javascript link. It works on most of the sites I tried and saves a lot of typing.
I have just gotten into domaining, and have some parked at WP. I also just went live with my first developed site, done with Joomla.

BRIC Stock Picks

Pretty basic, I know, but it is my first attempt. Joomla is great, but there is a learning curve.

bartolomo

•••
I'm not done yet, but this is my first attempt at messing with Wordpress (I converted an existing HTML mini-site) Unfortunately AdSense is having some problems with the targeting, but once I finish adding some more movie-related text, it hopefully will toss up some more relevant ads.

http://www.wheelerandwoolsey.com/

•••
netmeg said:
I'm not done yet, but this is my first attempt at messing with Wordpress (I converted an existing HTML mini-site) Unfortunately AdSense is having some problems with the targeting, but once I finish adding some more movie-related text, it hopefully will toss up some more relevant ads.

Looks very nice Meg. Do their movies already have voice over or were they still silent like Charlie Chaplin?

•••
They were all talkies; they performed live in vaudeville before they made their first movie in 1929. It's a pet project for a friend of mine who collects a lot of their memorabilia.

•••
netmeg said:

I agree. It looks great. It's an extremely tight niche. It might be tough to get focused Adsense ads.

•••
It's been up with ads for four or five years now. Normally it gets fairly well targeted movie ads, but I'm going to try a Netflix/Blockbuster affiliate ad. It obviously doesn't get a lot of traffic, except when 1) TCM shows one or more of their movies, then traffic goes very high - and there's five of them coming up - or 2) The NYT or LAT uses one of their movies as a clue in a crossword puzzle, as happened last month - was driving me crazy trying to find out the source for the traffic, as they were all coming from Google and Yahoo and all searching on the same string - then I mentioned it to my mom, and she said "Oh, that was a clue in my crossword puzzle this morning!" ork ork ork. Now I know how many people cheat on crossword puzzles!

But I also wanted to get some nuts and bolts experience with WordPress, as I have five or six blogs I wanted to get going (including my own, so watch out) and three clients want corporate blogs as well. Next one should go a lot faster and easier than this one.

Last edited:
•••
A new site of mines

www.greatoceanroadonline.com/

Look out for AntiSpyware.us and ClassicCars.us

Both will look like the above but with more featues.

•••
Especially in a kind of situation converting number of parked domains to minisites, I find it very difficult to manage one by one submission to search engines. There is any bulk option or tools for search engine submission, building backlinks etc.

•••
What are some of the times you all are experiencing before google indexes the url's in your sitemap? Although some of my pages are in google's index, webmaster tools reports that none of the url's from my sitemap are there. Im asking this because I am very new to minisites, and am curious how well I handled the seo, but if nothing is indexed, then no visitors, and nothing to gauge content on. Ive submitted the site to google, yahoo, open directory and two dozen or so other online directories.

Im just curious, because if the site gets good traffic, then I may actually pay godaddy for a year of hosting instead of the crappy free hosting that I have now.

•••
I never submit anything to search engines anymore, truly, it doesn't speed things up. If you have a GWT account, then submit sitemap - you'll usually get indexed in anywhere from two days to four weeks.

The absolute quickest way to get indexed is to put a single link to the home page of your minisite (you don't have to list every page) on one of your other already-indexed sites. For me, it works every time. You don't have to leave it there if you don't want to (and you probably shouldn't if it's not terribly relevant to the first site) but it will be enough to kickstart the Googlebot into visiting your site.

I can't remember who at Google told me, but I heard once from someone in a position to know told me that the submission forms are more there for PR than any real usefulness.

•••
Good info thanks. Unfortunately, the only 2 sites I have are yet to be indexed, but I have placed links on each others sites to point at the other. Suppose Ill just have to wait and see. Im looking forward to seeing how well/poor these do, as I really like building minisites, and would like to continue.

•••
Then if you have a friend with a site, see if you can get him to place a link to you for a bit; if his site is already indexed, a week should do it.

•••
Harkster you got a typo on your mathematics site - 'mathmatics'

Lots of excellent looking mini-sites - anyone care to say how much they make and where the revenue comes from ? I've got a site - www.andreiarshavin.com - it gets some traffic but makes practically no money

•••
deleted

Last edited:
•••
Harkster you got a typo on your mathematics site - 'mathmatics'

Lots of excellent looking mini-sites - anyone care to say how much they make and where the revenue comes from ? I've got a site - www.andreiarshavin.com - it gets some traffic but makes practically no money
Ive only got the two I listed previously in this thread. One of them has about 5 pages while the other has 10. Ive been focusing on the hybrid car site more as its adsense will pay better (I think). Im hoping the car site will make enough to justify paying for hosting, and some left over....but we'll see. Ill report back if any of these ever start getting clicks. I have high hopes, because the sites were really easy to make, and if they get enough clicks per month, I may just start making more with some of my domains.

Last edited:
•••
netmeg said:

Where did you get the netflix affiliate banner from? Do they have thier own affiliate program, or is it from somewere like commision junction?

BTW, on your wordpress site I didn't figure this out for quite a while but wordpress doesn't automatically insert meta keywords or meta description tags. Looking at the source you are probably using a seo plugin that gave you a keword tag, but you still don't have a description meta tag. You can edit the theme to put in the tag and also to insert the adsense targeting code in various places. My first blog was continually getting ads about blogging instead of targeted to my content.

•••
netmeg said:
I never submit anything to search engines anymore, truly, it doesn't speed things up.
I can't remember who at Google told me, but I heard once from someone in a position to know told me that the submission forms are more there for PR than any real usefulness.
Exactly , I usually find the same . No problem getting google to list. they have even indexed newly regged names with hours of registration. I find a simple link placed on my higher ranked and visited sites will do it. URL submission services are so "Old School" SEO now anyway, due to excessive spamming.

UPdate on latest sites
http://personal-computer.biz
http://arrange-finance.com

Last edited:
•••
•••
coreyg said:
Have been reading this thread from the beginning and I do find that you have great mini-sites. You seem to have a preference for dark or black backgrounds with red text, which are great colors but are also dificult to read a lot of the time. I'm saying this from a customers point of view. :imho:
Keep up the great work Corey

•••
•••
Barefoottech said:
Exactly , I usually find the same . No problem getting google to list. they have even indexed newly regged names with hours of registration. I find a simple link placed on my higher panked and visited sites will do it. URL submission services are so "Old School" SEO now anyway, due to excessive spamming.

UPdate on latest sites
http://personal-computer.biz
http://arrange-finance.com
Barefoottech,
I know if both you and nutmeg are not submitting to search engines and going the same route, pasting link on your other sites, then that's the way to do it. Thanks to both of you---yet again.

•••
blaknite said:
Where did you get the netflix affiliate banner from? Do they have thier own affiliate program, or is it from somewere like commision junction?

I specifically wanted Netflix, so I went to their website and found that their affiliate program was being handled by LinkShare. So I signed up with them. They have some other big names they handle as well.

BTW, on your wordpress site I didn't figure this out for quite a while but wordpress doesn't automatically insert meta keywords or meta description tags. Looking at the source you are probably using a seo plugin that gave you a keyword tag, but you still don't have a description meta tag. You can edit the theme to put in the tag and also to insert the adsense targeting code in various places. My first blog was continually getting ads about blogging instead of targeted to my content.

Thanks. Yea, I am using the All-In-One-SEO plug in, and I have the ability to add the tags for every post and page, I just haven't gotten to it yet. I'm not too worried about it in the short term, because the old site was already ranking well in its niche, and I have all the old pages 301'd to the new ones. But between all my other sites and endeavors, plus football season starting up (I just sat through a long very hot loss to Utah) I put that on the back burner.

Last edited:
•••
GILSAN said:
Have been reading this thread from the beginning and I do find that you have great mini-sites. You seem to have a preference for dark or black backgrounds with red text, which are great colors but are also dificult to read a lot of the time. I'm saying this from a customers point of view. :imho:
Keep up the great work Corey

Thanks for the compliments and feedback Gilan...

I do have other sites too with light backgrounds

Insurance Search
Credit Score
Credit Card Counselling
http://www.20001.info/ a work in progress

Cheers
Corey

•••
coreyg,
Really like the bright Joomla templates. Sharp and clean. Mind sharing where you got them? Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back