Domain Empire

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not quite ready for submissions yet but am setting up a directory for mini-site builders. Free with no link required but appreciated. Will post when www.PUXX.net is open.

No idea if is a good or bad idea but the software was free and the name just sitting there so...

•••
Barefoottech said:
At last someone who gets the idea about joomla!
Great work mate

thanks! glad to know i am on the right path with my development :)

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
^ I agree.. Why do you guys bother with minisites if you have less than 5? The hosting is at least 6$ a month, and some of the sites added together don't even make that much. Plus the effort of making these sites, is it even worth it?

•••
gamble said:
^ I agree.. Why do you guys bother with minisites if you have less than 5? The hosting is at least 6$ a month, and some of the sites added together don't even make that much. Plus the effort of making these sites, is it even worth it?
Where you getting your hosting Mate, I have never ever spent $6 a month for a site yet
I sell hosted minisites for $75 including 12 months hosting

•••
This is my very first attempt at a minisite http://www.calihybrids.com
Any feedback would be great, as Im rather new to this.

•••
l2ride55 said:
Hey Harkster - was taking a peek at your site - noticed "You can not submit a link to the root directory. Please, choise category before."

"can not, and choise".
I had not noticed that. I doubt I will be able to correct that without modifying the database and digging deep into the code which is far to much work. I can't move a listing to root so... As I said the package ain't got lots of bells and whistles. I kinda like its K.I.S.S approach. Also I don't like the free versions of the big name directory scripts.

While I may, at times be playing with things I am ready to take listings from anyone who wants to try this experiment with me. Link is in sig. I have approved several sites and will be adding a number of mine. I will likely approve anything except adult (for now) and sites which are clearly MFA and/or content scraper sites.

Oh yes, it is not strictly limited to mini-sites as they will help the overall feel. I have also decided to extend registration of the name so it will be there until 2010 (unless my body decides to assume room temperature).

BTW, the idea is not to create one of those big time directories but instead to hopefully provide some link 'juice' and traffic to mini-site builders. I have a couple other ideas banging around in my head.

Last edited:
•••
how much are you guys making from these sites?

•••
johname said:
some seo type people recomend that the site have multiple pages before you insert the adsense code. But this is not a requirement. Thats probally how you picked up on the 20 pages theory.

Replying to this a bit late as I've been out of town. I see several people have waved away the notion that you needed a minimum # of pages in order to avoid getting banned by Google adsense. To be honest, I'm not sure where I got the #20 - maybe that part I'm way off on.

However, from what I've been reading over the past year (from a variety of 'trustworthy' sources) - it seems that Google has gotten very tough on MFA sites. And not just the spammy kind either. People on other forums were claiming to get shut down for having multiple 'mini sites' without explanation. Of course, I can't confirm each and every one, but for some of the sites I was able to check out - their content was relevant and no blackhat tricks were implemented.

My understanding is that Google has been cleaning up their search results overall (and succeeding as recent outside reports suggest)...with the intention to take down as many bogus sites as possible (not just blatant spam or MFA).

While some of these examples posted are quite good - and probably should be just fine - my feeling is that Google will catch up with some of the others and it's really just a matter of time. :td:

•••
l2ride55 said:
Link added - thanks for putting it in!

L2

I like it - but... Does GoDaddy put that nasty banner up there because you have it hosted there? Any way to remove that?

And, oh - "definitely" in: Gas Mileage - You will definately save some money at the pump

L2

The banner is only there because Im using their "free" hosting that came with the domain name. If the site ends up doing ok, then Ill pay for the "real" hosting and the banner will go away. Thanks for the input on the site.

•••
•••
zachary0611 said:
how much are you guys making from these sites?
I don't want to say exactly. The number of active sites moves up and down but usually 30-40. I can say that I just looked at the records and it has been 26 months since I failed to receive a monthly check from Google. It is looking like this month will set a new record for me and I ONLY have 29 active names right now. I am bring up at least one new mini a week (and/or updating some designs and content) and there are some which I will be dropping. It is work though as there is seldom a day goes by that I am not looking for ideas, building, dealing with content, doing promotion and watching stats. I typically don't build and sell as I have a goal of building a $XXXX/month income stream.

Oh yes, I am having some fun in the process. Sort of like when I worked as a software engineer -- you mean that someone will really pay me large $$$ for doing something that is so damn much fun!!??

•••
Minisite I am developing for domain parking. Not done yet, but have added a few reviews and what not. Total Dev Time so far ~45 minutes.

Http://www.parkingcompanies.info

•••
l2ride55 said:
GF, I noticed the ads aren't picking up on your keyword, description or article but bringing back Joomlas results....

How do you like Joomla?

L2

I haven't optimized the site yet - it's totally brand new. I bought the domain less than 48 hours ago from MWZD :D

Thanks for the heads up, though!

I love Joomla. Once you get the hang of it, it's really easy to use.

-G

•••
Second attempt

Heres my newest attempt. Just need to get my wife to make me a logo, and add one more page and Ill call this done.

http://www.condosalesphoenix.com

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
mhdoc said:
My old eyes found your link color very hard to read. :)

Mine too. Think about your likely user base (who's likely to be able to afford condos?), and tailor to suit.

Reminds me of when I was designing the CD artwork and booklet for a southern rock band made up of former members of bands big in the 70's - when I considered the likely age of the fan base, I had to change the font color and raise the font size up two points, cause most everyone looking at it was over 40 and many over 50. It meant extra pages, but everyone could read it, heh.

•••
mhdoc said:
My old eyes found your link color very hard to read. :)

You're right. I darkened them up a bit. A bit easier to read now.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back