NameSilo

Would you post your dev. mini-site(s) please?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Like many other Npers, I am looking towards developing some of my better domains, rather than leaving them in declining PPC. I would really appreciate seeing some examples of 3-5 page mini-sites with Adsense, Adbrite etc that Npers have developed for their domains.

I'm not asking for postings of Whypark, Imodo etc mini-sites, as these types of sites are covered elsewhere in other threads. I'm hoping to see some (inspirational..) examples of mini-sites developed from scratch or using available templates. If you'd like to showcase or share, I hope you post some links to your sites. Thanks in advance.

Mod Edit: No more than five live links per post.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Barefoottech said:
I don't make much from my sites, only about $xxxx mid per month lately!!
I have 2 word .info's that would make Zero income as a Parked Name
that pull in 20$ a month as a minisite
http://premiuminsurance.info << less than 1 week old $10 income
How do you get traffic to a two-word .info site that's less than 1 week old? (Did that domain have existing traffic?)

Last edited:
•••
randomo said:
How do you get traffic to a two-word .info site that's less than 1 week old? (Did that domain have existing traffic?)
No you post it here at Namepros in a thread just like this :hehe:

•••
It may be time for someone to make a mini-directory or mini-topsites. A link is a link so the 'big boys at the pool hall' say.

Problem is good directory software ain't cheap.

•••
•••
hey man, thanx for sharing, I use wordpress for my sites (although I don't develop minisites and I'll look at it). Can you tell me what are the benefits of joomla against wordpress?

•••
gaucho1976 said:
hey man, thanx for sharing, I use wordpress for my sites (although I don't develop minisites and I'll look at it). Can you tell me what are the benefits of joomla against wordpress?

It's all subjective. I use html for any minisite less than 10 pages. If it's going to be bigger I use zikula(formerly postnuke) or wordpress - why - because they are easy for me to work with.

For ease of work stick with what you know.

•••
LinuxInformation.com
MortgageQuotes.biz
StockQuote.biz
CreditReport.biz
BacktrackLinux.com
Brokerages.biz

all joomla with google adsense...

•••
whitebark said:
It's all subjective. I use html for any minisite less than 10 pages. If it's going to be bigger I use zikula(formerly postnuke) or wordpress - why - because they are easy for me to work with.

For ease of work stick with what you know.

thanx for the answer :) , anyway my question was more like I was wondering if there was some kind of advantage, like speed or multi-domain posting (ie having only one installation with different settings/templates which you can assign to different domains)

•••
not really
Setup 1 site / 1 domain / 1 template
Buy some CHEAP reseller hosting
(Plenty of choices available in webhosting section)
set up a tiny account package (50-100mb is what I use for Joomla! based)
(10-25mb be ok for small html sites)

and place 1 site per account
Less hassles

smbgeek said:
LinuxInformation.com
MortgageQuotes.biz
StockQuote.biz
CreditReport.biz
BacktrackLinux.com
Brokerages.biz

all joomla with google adsense...
Mate I checked out a couple of your sites
Nice templates, but front page articles way too Long
Use pagebreaks or the readme tag in your articles
Joomla! sites looks Nicer if only 1200px or less high

Last edited:
•••
SudokuPrinter.net
GraphPaper.us
Tattoofont.org

The sudoku site has made like 25 cents in the entire time Its been up. (Several months) The graphpaper site has averaged more like 25 cents a day over the past year. The tattoo site is in the 5 to 10 cents a day area.

Overall they aren't making a ton, but its enough to show promise and keep me working on new ideas for more. For me to spend the time building a site, it has to have some kind of hook. Instead of mini-sites, I'd call them web-tools.

•••
blaknite you are on the right course you just need to build more backlinks. More backlinks should equal better search results which of course leads to more traffic. Traffic is how you make money!

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Frustrated. I love the speed of my new AT&T DSL but it seems to take forever for names to resolve. Guess I got spoiled with OpenDNS but... most resolved in under an hour and many in 10-15 minutes. Put together 2 new minnies today and going bonkers waiting for the names to resolve so I can tweak things. May start working on content for the next one.

I like using a reseller account with WHM and C-panel. Biggest drawback is all my sites originate from the same IP. Wish I could justify the cost of a VPN with 8 IP's.

•••
Read my comments above Joomla! Sites and pagebreaks
You can actually have more than 1 page on a Joomla site.
Way too much scrolling needed with yours.
Any site , whether minisite or not, needs to be usable by users .
ALL research show users HATE to scroll down when using sites.

•••
Barefoottech said:
Read my comments above Joomla! Sites and pagebreaks
You can actually have more than 1 page on a Joomla site.
Way too much scrolling needed with yours.
Any site , whether minisite or not, needs to be usable by users .
ALL research show users HATE to scroll down when using sites.
Thanks for the advice, I shortened it up a bit.

•••
whitebark said:
blaknite you are on the right course you just need to build more backlinks. More backlinks should equal better search results which of course leads to more traffic. Traffic is how you make money!

I know I havent put enough focus in that area yet. Do you suppose buying backlinks would be a good move? How many backlinks should be a minimum goal to get to?

•••
Harkster - awesome sites! I can't say I've seen any that had to do with pottery before. I <3 pottery but only making it :P

•••
blaknite said:
I know I havent put enough focus in that area yet. Do you suppose buying backlinks would be a good move? How many backlinks should be a minimum goal to get to?

You don't necessarily need to buy backlinks - you can trade links, do directory submission etc. As for the number - there is no magic number but instead of concentrating on just getting thousands of backlinks try to get as many good ones as possible. Make sure links to your website are from websites in the same niche, and on category/topic pages related to it etc.

•••
Last edited:
•••
Harkster - that Ceramic Arts Index looks really good - if I might offer a suggestion, you might want to add a category for ceramics classes; I have a web client who runs a studio and offers classes in Los Angeles, and there's *tons* of them out there, there's a big market for it, plus a fair amount of Google advertising. It would probably be a useful and profitable addition to your site.

•••
netmeg said:
Harkster - that Ceramic Arts Index looks really good - if I might offer a suggestion, you might want to add a category for ceramics classes; I have a web client who runs a studio and offers classes in Los Angeles, and there's *tons* of them out there, there's a big market for it, plus a fair amount of Google advertising. It would probably be a useful and profitable addition to your site.
Thanks for comments. Classes and workshops category is one I hadn't thought of. Good idea. Will rep ya.

A lot of working artists offer classes and workshops. Often the income from them makes a big difference in being able to stay afloat.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back