Dynadot

discuss Would you ever develop your domain names?

NameSilo
Watch

What would you pay for someone to help setup one of your domain names?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • $5

votes
    0.0%
  • $10

votes
    0.0%
  • $25

vote
    8.3%
  • $50

vote
    8.3%
  • $75

votes
    0.0%
  • $100

vote
    8.3%
  • $100+

votes
    58.3%
  • Free but I had to signup to there hosting plan

votes
    16.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
We all know Minisites died a long time ago to make a quick buck in Adsense / affiliate domaining, however, you can still make money with your domain names if you believe they would be better developed than parked?

It takes time but if you have a good domain, unique content, and have some patience - There is dollars to be earned.

I have been building my own sites for years, they aren't the prettiest, maybe not the slickest but they function and earn me money, most are niche and targeted to specific products or services - This is one example site - Mot-Station.com, it more than earns enough to cover it's renewal costs and pay a nice little profit each month.

If someone was to offer this service in the domain name industry, to build the basic content i.e. the below - What would you pay?

Install WordPress
Add Basic Pages i.e. Home, Contact, About
Add Plugins i.e. WooCommerce, SEO, Jetpack etc
Setup Email Account
Give you assistance via email on how to build out the site

Is this something you would consider on your domain names instead of parking?

What would you pay?

$5, $10, $25, $50, $75, $100, $100+ or FREE but you needed to sign up there hosting provider?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I wanted to be a blogger so I am familiar with wordpress and its plugins. My first try was making a classified website, than a blog but neither worked out and I found out about domaining and namepros.
I still have plans for a web forum development project with vbulletin or xenforo(same as namepros) once I get enough $ as I have been member of some forums over the years including Web hosting talk and digitalpoint :)

Last edited:
•••
  • If the domain name is very high quality, I will consider paying a fee

•••
Depends on rest of the terms as you come up with ideas you will find you need to share revenue with content suppliers etc whitelabel sites. All depends on work at final end even drop shipping requires some work. Everything is case by case.

•••
- Would you ever develop your domain names?

+ Yes, since the last 15+ years

- What would you pay for someone to help setup one of your domain names?

+ Nothing. Because I do it better than anyone. But occasionally I pay writers $300+ per domain for content writing.

Developing a domain is entirely different business model. It's much riskier than domaining. The most positive thing with owning developed websites is that almost all developed websites -excluding the ones with user created content, like forum websites- run on autopilot 99% of the time. A typical wordpress blog would eat your 2-3 minutes per month for wordpress updates. Latest wordpress offers automated updates but I prefer doing it manually as something can go wrong. Static websites run on 99.999% autopilot.

Domaining requires more time as domaining requires frequent decision-making processes. Websites are set-it and forget type business compared to domaining.

Last edited:
•••

Last edited:
•••
I have tried to develop my portfolio website, but I am very demanding about web security and I even pay CLOUDFLARE much more than the hosting service. Ultimately I found that WOOCOMMERCE did not help much with sales.
So I think the attractiveness of the name is the most important thing, followed by the user privacy of the buyer.

•••
100+ for exceptional websites.

Otherwise anything from 10 to 100 depending on the complexity.

The basis for money decision is the domain name. An exceptional DN demands a superior website, and not bare minimum job.

Last edited:
•••
I've got and had some really quality domain names, I'd love to develop them (if i knew how), but I'm not very technical on that side of things.

How much would i pay? It depends how good the developer is. In my full time job, a few years ago (before I knew about domains and how web developing works) i paid a company around £2500 to develop a site for me and got absolutely screwed over with it, so i would be sceptical jumping in with just any web design company again, I would need to do my research on them and they would need to be good.

Last edited:
•••
It's difficult to get anything done under $100, if you're paying someone to do it.

I've had several names I've wanted to develop for a while. I've had some false starts, I figured out how to use Wordpress, Squarespace and a few other tools. I just never have the time or focus to sit down and do it.

A few weeks ago I picked two exact match product names from my portfolio that have decent search volume and decided to do something with them. I ordered a 2000-word article for each (cost: $50/each). Then I dropped the ball.

But I saw this thread today, so I figured, what the heck, let's put something together. Went to Namecheap's free logo maker tool, made a logo. Went to Carrd.co, made a landing page. Went to Play.ht, turned the article into a 15 minute audio guide. 90 minutes later, here we go, I "developed" a website.

Now what?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back