IT.COM

discuss WineBuyers.com – Sold his clothes on eBay to acquire the domain name

NameSilo
Watch

Robbie

RobbiesBlog.comTop Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This might seem counterintuitive for a domainer's forum but he might as well have named it
Stratton Oakmont and it wouldn't have affected the valuation.
Nobody is going to type in wine buyers for one. I am not a big fan of EMD for branding a company.

Would google have had a higher market cap if it was called SearchEngine.com or to be closer to the context of the article, as KeywordSearchers.com Or AnythingSearchers.com

But it is good for the industry including me that people think otherwise.

•••
Agreed, Exact Match domains are always going to ensure you have a successful business look at Shoes.com has flopped several times however, I do believe it builds trust with End Users just my thoughts on it.

Like you say as long as End Users buy our domains that all that matters...

•••
Agreed, Exact Match domains are always going to ensure you have a successful business look at Shoes.com has flopped several times however, I do believe it builds trust with End Users just my thoughts on it.

Like you say as long as End Users buy our domains that all that matters...

That is thanks to all the domain kings who oversell category killers.

Imagine you are shoes.com and you don't rank 1 for shoes.
What does that do to the brand. And what does that do to all the brands that rank above shoes.com :)

I would rather people associate my brand name for a keyword than vice versa.
Just like Kellogs means breakfast cereal and when people were all confused about SPAM laws, like when did SPAM become illegal lol

spam.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Well he can keep saving up for whitelabelwines and winewhitelabel for rebranding.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back