Dynadot

discuss Good domains on websites like Ebay?

NameSilo
Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
I have been scrolling through websites like eBay and reddit to see if there are any worthy domain names for sale.
Occasionally, I believe that there are domain names about which the seller has no idea regarding the value. There might be opportunities in these case where you might want to acquire the name.
While I haven't acquired any such names until now from these websites, I was wondering if any of you have done the same from eBay, Reddit or similar websites?

How has the experience been?

Ofcourse namePros marketplace is a good place too for acquiring some names at reseller prices and selling them off later and I have read many success stories about it.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I scroll eBay everyday and good names are pretty uncommon at eBay.

I have bought about 5 domain names at there (120$ profit for the best deal what I made for them, so nothing special.) but mostly names are crap. I like some of the domains what @dot50 send to eBay.

•••
I scroll eBay everyday and good names are pretty uncommon at eBay.

I have bought about 5 domain names at there (120$ profit for the best deal what I made for them, so nothing special.) but mostly names are crap. I like some of the domains what @dot50 send to eBay.

Thanks for sharing your views. I don't see any good domains being offered there too. There are rare opportunities but I was wondering if it's worth the time investment.
Do you go for domain hunting on any other websites as well like Reddit etc?

•••
No. I use GoDaddy auctions, Flippa and of course NP for hunting the right domain for me.

To be honest, I don't even have visited at Reddit.

•••
While I haven't acquired any such names until now from these websites, I was wondering if any of you have done the same from eBay, Reddit or similar websites?
Do lurk eBay and Facebook groups and bought a few ! Didn't know about Reddit, thanks!

•••
There's a gem once in a great while on eBay but usually a waste of time unless you need a brandable for cheap.

•••
I have, in past, bought 4L .com there and was able to flip them for a decent profit here at NP.

•••
There's a gem once in a great while on eBay but usually a waste of time unless you need a brandable for cheap.
Or in my case, a reasonable price (as in "needed it now not later" price) for a project....also learned a lesson about "last minute shopping"! lol

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back