IT.COM

WhyPark

NameSilo
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
We lost our popular discussion thread about WhyPark. It was deleted by forum software when the thread starter's account was deleted (at his request). Sorry about that everyone.

This is a new thread being established to talk about WhyPark.

RJ

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
With it being a Yahoo ad feed, your portfolio will get a quality score.
With a low QS your domains will get served adds from seconary feeds, which pay less.
Craig is the man to explain it to you properly.

•••
WhyPark has added a new feature: DomainApps! They're small addon widgets that can help getting more traffic to your website. Some of the names in my sig already use them, feel free to have a look!

•••
Some interesting widgets there. Nice to see that the folks at whypark keep moving forward. The shopping.com one...is that something you added or was it available through WP?

•••
You can access the widget page through the homepage. Once you get there, you can add them to your domains. They're also quite customizable.

•••
Nice...just checked it out. Thanks for the heads up. :)

•••
•••
Just added Whypark Apps to my majordestinations.com and smarthoodie.com sites. So far, it looks ok.

•••
WhyPark ads vs Adsense

I tried WhyPark for the first time today and was thoroughly impressed that I had 20 sites up and running (and looking waaaayyyy better than Sedo's pages) in about 15 minutes!The Widget were nice too but I founf I can't use Adsense AND widgets at the same time. Am I doing something wrong or is this normal? Also I was wondering if anyone knows how the WhyPark ads compare to Adsense in terms of revenue? Of course I want to make as much cash as I can!!! :p

•••
Anyone got any of their former WhyPark sites back in the Google index? I've had some domains redeveloped as standalone sites with plenty of unique content and moderate SEO (at considerable time and $$$ expense) and they are still banned.

Submitted for reconsideration 3 times with no success.

Example is Cooking Games, Cooking Mama, Cooking Games Online Australia

Anyone have any other ideas? I can't understand why Google's taken such a hard line on these sites. Even when they were are WP I did have a bunch of unqiue articles.

•••
Any details about Qs.thanks.man:?

•••
I would love to know if google has a timeframe for banning domains. Are they banned a year? 2 years? forever?

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
I think he just worded it wrong Donny. Whypark/Parked were indeed, not down, just a stat delay.

FWIW...I have seen a steady increase with one of the names I have with Whypark. Hopefully it's a trend and not an anomaly. :)

•••
I think he just worded it wrong Donny. Whypark/Parked were indeed, not down, just a stat delay.

FWIW...I have seen a steady increase with one of the names I have with Whypark. Hopefully it's a trend and not an anomaly. :)
Indeed! Two weeks ago I had my first $2.70 click ever on WhyPark, after nearly 20 months I have my names there.

•••
WhyPark wasn't down today, Yahoo/Bing are just having issues with stats in the US/CA for the 15th thru the 18th.

Donny

I fixed my post thanks for pointing that out .
:guilty: They were not down just stats unavailable .

•••
I never had a problem with WP so far. The set of domains that I have there were earning next to nothing at Sedo and they have had some nice earnings to date at WP.

I don't use an AdSense account with them. I do use their domain apps. Also, all of my .com domains I have there are still indexed in Google.

•••
Can someone PM me a few links to WhyPark sites using premium templates? I'd like to see what they look like using the Enhanced/Managed upgrade. Thanks.

•••
I don't have any examples of teh premium templates, but I've seen a couple while doing research for my site devoted to whypark. You can read this page to find out how to do your own google search to find examples of WhyPark templates.

•••
if I have a domain which don't have traffic, putting it on whypark and managing it could I have some traffic than or search engine spiders continue to don't see me?

•••
Pablo, as with anything dealing with search engines, nothing is guaranteed. However, parked domains are rarely indexed by search engines. WhyPark sites CAN be indexed under the same conditions as a site using wordpress or joomla or plain html pages: Unique content and inbound links. I highly recommend ANYONE with an unused domain put it at WhyPark. And unless you have an absolute need for functionality that WhyPark doesn't provide, develop it there. I have several sites that are not for sale and are developed with the WhyPark platform that are making a nice little profit.

•••
Pablo, as with anything dealing with search engines, nothing is guaranteed. However, parked domains are rarely indexed by search engines. WhyPark sites CAN be indexed under the same conditions as a site using wordpress or joomla or plain html pages: Unique content and inbound links. I highly recommend ANYONE with an unused domain put it at WhyPark. And unless you have an absolute need for functionality that WhyPark doesn't provide, develop it there. I have several sites that are not for sale and are developed with the WhyPark platform that are making a nice little profit.
thanks!!for doing this could I take also the free sign up or in your opinion I need at least the 10$/month one??

•••
IMO, even the free sign up is better than basic parking.

That being said, the $10/month plan has some excellent features. The feature I find most valuable is the ability to customize your template. This feature enables me to do two things:
1. Add affiliate banners/links/widgets to the template. I do this extensively. See this post for more details.
2. Create a navigation system for a bunch of subdomains so I can target more longtail search keywords. Without the ability to customize your template so you can interlink subdomains, the ability to create subdomains isn't very helpful. See this page for more detail or look at this site for an example of what can be done with domain apps and template customization.

My opinion is that unless your domains are really poor quality (like most of mine! :D )you shouldn't have too much trouble making back your costs. Of course, fleshing out your site will take much longer than simply pointing them to a parked page, but you get what you put in. For example, I just bought that San Antonio domain in December, and I'm still not 100% finished with customizing it (I still need to go through and add affiliate links that are more appropriate to the subdomains niche). Setting up those 72 sites took about 30 hours, and I estimate it will take another 3 hours to finih replacing the generic affiliate banners with more targeted ones.

I have about 60 tlds hosted at WhyPark, and I've created about 500 subdomains. I only have one site with subdomains that I can provide any hard data for though. It has 24 subdomains, and is both locally targeted and in a small niche (weddings) so it gets very low traffic. Since adding the subdomains (and after having built some links to it), I have seen the following results from the WhyPark adfeed alone (does not include affiliate income, and as always, your results may vary):

1/20/2010-2/18/2010
Visitors Page Views Searches Clicks RPC CTR Revenue
410 801 146 4 $0.06 0.98% $0.22

1/20/2011-2/18/2011
Visitors Page Views Searches Clicks RPC CTR Revenue
1,827 4,052 121 39 $0.12 2.13% $4.71

Of that $4.71, $0.52 is from subdomains. Obviously, this domain is not a huge money maker, but it is consistently pulling in 6 times its registration costs from the WhyPark adfeed alone. Even having just 3 crappy domains like this makes me break even. But again, your results may vary, and this is only an indication of my results.

•••
again one thing.. do I need an hosting company with whypark or is good at least the sign up??
i filled in the format to create my account and i wrote just 5 of my domains... are they taking all people or will they make a selection??

•••
You don't need a hosting plan...just the ability to purchase the domain and point the domains to the WhyPark servers. I don't know the quality guidelines, I don't think they'll turn away too many domains though so long as they don't infringe on copyrights/trademarks/patents/etc. For example, I'm pretty sure they would reject a domain name like gooogle.com or mikrosoft.com.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back