Dynadot

WhyPark

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
We lost our popular discussion thread about WhyPark. It was deleted by forum software when the thread starter's account was deleted (at his request). Sorry about that everyone.

This is a new thread being established to talk about WhyPark.

RJ

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
wowo noone has posted here in 2 weeks where is everyone?I figured out a new way to add a contact link very simple to my layout.Used to have a link to my site Contact Us and a window would pop up with that page.
Pretty lame I was always looking for a way outa that.If you want to see it in action,visit
www.Free-money.ca and hit the contact us link.Send me a message if you like,and its freee!!!

The Parked.com/WhyPark.com Forum! :bah:

•••
Just a heads up - I've removed all my domains from whypark and the ones left there have been changed to whypark feed.

Seems goog is sandboxing all domains w/ ns = whypark.

Easiest way to confirm what i'm saying - insert any whypark hosted domain into goog webmaster tools, you'll get the complete picture.

•••
Just a heads up - I've removed all my domains from whypark and the ones left there have been changed to whypark feed.

Seems goog is sandboxing all domains w/ ns = whypark.

Easiest way to confirm what i'm saying - insert any whypark hosted domain into goog webmaster tools, you'll get the complete picture.

I can confirm the quote re WP. I had 5 domains deindexed by Google for violations of quality guidelines, (duplicate content from what I can tell), and others have confirmed this is happening to them as well. Check the WP Forum.

I have removed all my WP domains from webmaster tools and am steadily removing them from WP this weekend.

Note: All my WP domains were on WP feeds.

•••
I had websites for a year were never indexed.And i always asked about the duplicate content and people would say its all duplicate content.
This does worry me as i have 250 sites at whypark.
maybe soon we willl type in whypark.com and we will come to a parked page :)
I will keep key sites there remove their content completely and insert unique articles.I am off now to finger out this insert whypark site to google webmaster tools think i have done this already,

well I added BirdCam.ca to google webmaster tool and it gave me code,I added code,went to verify it and it is verified.Its indexed same 3 pages as always,never was impressed with that.

I see my page I use to try things,practice website BlackHills.ca to some it all up,i have 247 sites at whypark,all but 3 on google ads,I had 37 ad impressions yesterday,google stats and that would mostly be thru a newspaper ad i ran.Thats disgusting I never put much faith in whypark as I could never see the same article being on 8000 other websites,benificial,that just doesnt improve page ranking,at least its kinda like my ashhole,I just cant see it.
I dont see whypark being around for long anyways and am going to prepare myself in case that does happen.I like whypark features,and i switched back to free,dont need paid subscription.Now i am going to buy/start writing some quality articles for my website.

Update today 247 sites at whypark,9page impressions in 18 hours for 247 websites,there is some quality product names,but no ching ching

And mark how you know they are deindexed,you get notice how's that work?

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
I have always had the same problems, and i find it no surprise really. It dose not matter if you have a strong keyword, it will never rank with WP, you will get indexed, but you wont rank from my experience, Bing is even worse, it wont even index your sites at all. Basically this is the same as any parked page at domain sponsor, parked, sedo etc.

Three days ago i was sent an angry email by someone claiming that content on one of my domains was breaking all the rules, and that the ezine article used by WP was not adding the links to the authors site/s etc, they threatened to sue me. So now I'm getting threatened as well as not ranking etc, i am starting to wonder if i should just move on.

•••
Because I don't yet understand how G operates, I go into webmaster tools at least once a week to check things out. Thats when I saw the red banner at the top of one of my sites saying I was in violation of G quality guidelines. I checked them all and found five that had the same message. All five were WP sites and had been deindexed. When I checked the WP forum, others were experiencing the same thing.

Because 98% of the sites I have in G Tools were whypark, I wasn't about to take the chance on it spreading to the others. I removed all WP sites from webmaster tools and left only my domains that had their own sites. The next day I moved the bulk of my domains out of WP.

I do this on a very small scale. I own about a hundred domains and I've only been at this for little over a year. I like WP and its features, but feel that I'm better off developing my best domains into independent sites and putting the rest at Parked for now.

•••
Noone has much to say about whypark anymore.I been doing a test regarding this google deindexing stuff.I am also signing up with netfirms advantage hosting.I have over 250 names at netfirms,and with advantage you get 10 wp sites,unlimited joomla,phpbb unlimited.Not sure what else.My problem is to add a word press template like downloading and uploading,havent a clue so i have always had to use their templates.I will be keeping most at whypark,a few I am testing are heavily indexed at google,I want to see if they lose their indexing,and one for sure BlackHills.ca has been deindexed I am going to see if i switch to wp(word Press) how long to get reindexed.Netfirms has some google tools not sure what they are.If you want to pretty a site up to sell and get content go with whypark,if your trying to get a number 1 ranking for your site whypark wont do it.I have a wine site,there is an article on it from 2007 :) it is on 9000 other websites.And whypark ad feed sucks imo,go see VideoAdManagement.com just added to whypark last week.I figured i would use their ad feed...swimwear,video horse,Ads pyro those are the pay per click ads at VideoAdManagement.com aint gonna make no money off of swimwear on a video ad site.I am off to the whypark forum see what is gong on there.

Cheers eh,

all .com domains are open to even unreasonable offers,visit my sales site thru link below

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
Well i am still trying to figure out this delisting stuff.I have seen no warnings from google,some websites dont get indexed in a year some have 60 pages.They are mostly .ca and i dont get much traffic.Some have original content and were on google but arent anymore
Hopefully it gets figured out soon

Last edited:
•••
Moved everything over to sedo...
i like it BetterGardens.ca an example
and i been getting way more clicks than with whypark/google
better statistics regarding visitors,i see now which ones are getting true traffic as whypark includes bots.Also parked names at sedo get listed higher than if they are listed there for sale and hosted elsewhere.
The names i truly wish to develop will be moved back to whypark.

a couple newsuits.ca and newsuit.ca have not been indexed for weeks thru whypark,(new reg) we will see once they get indexed thru sedo how they will get indexed at whypark after that,

is anyone actually still reading this thread,give us a hell ya :td:

Last edited:
•••
What a great thread!
Love the great info everyone is sharing.Keep it up!!

•••
Lol.

I have soured on Whypark. Bing doesn't like them, at best Google is indifferent. I won't risk my Adsense account on them and their CPC payout is very low. I have been switching all of my Whypark sites to Hostgator and building them with Xsite Pro. Not quickly mind you but I will get to them eventually at least the ones that are worth it.

The sites that I built with Whypark initially did very well and then started sinking like a stone in the Serp's. The content they are providing just isn't very good and the search engines don't like them.

Hopefully others are having better results than I have had with them.

•••
•••
What a great thread!
Love the great info everyone is sharing.Keep it up!!

What would you like people to share?

A lot of folks have pulled out of Wp because of the recent Google slap the majority of the names hosted with them copped.

I'm sure there are still folks who are doing ok, or maybe even well with them but I'm not one of them and removed all my names.

Even their own forum has gone pretty quite. I'm sure that's because the good folks at WP and the users themselves are trying to find a way to resolve the current issue with G.

Not sure what other information you want other members here to 'share' with you.

•••
Your not sure,fine.You have to make a point of the fact that a person wonder why such an active thread has gone dead.
Maybe share info regarding indexing wether good or bad,share wether your ppc income has gone up or down.

Share where you moved your domains,just llooking for a little input

I am aware of the google incidents,

Lots to 'share'
Thanks for sharing your insight,though i would have prefered you keep your comments to yourself

Now you know what i am looking for people to 'share'

Cheers to dtagr and nicedomains for 'sharing' their experiences

As for me i am slowly moving all my domains back to whypark,but my nameservers will still say netfirms.com

Autodetails.ca - Auto detailing Resources and Information.This website is for sale! still has 71 pages indexed at google and over 100 at yahoo

I have a few domains with over 100 pages indexed,though some never do get indexed.

I hope it all gets figured out as I quite like the whypark format.

I like so many others said wow deindexing jump ship,bail fast....

Humans are quickto make decisions and always full of critisism.

Anyone else have anything 'constructive' to share with us?

www.With.ca

•••
I like so many others said wow deindexing jump ship,bail fast....

I was using my adsense feed w/ whypark. If adsense ads are on pages that don't meet google quality requirements, you're liable to lose your adsense account, not just get the domain de-indexed.

Most of our domain revenues still come from sales, if all my domains were sandboxed by goog, I'd have a tough time selling them. Or even if I did sell them, the buyer would have a tough time ever ranking on those domains. Not an acceptable risk in my view.

Nothing lasts forever, you can either keep hanging on hoping for things to change somewhere down the line, or cut your losses and move, your call. In this business, as in most others, the profits are in staying ahead of the curve, not following it.

The essential problem as I see with all these 'smart development' platforms is the basic issue of duplicate content (in whypark's case, its a bit more, since they were stripping links from the articles) such issues will rise again and again.

For me, whypark did admirably well with adsense while it lasted, but the issues are too major for me to overlook the ramifications, different nameservers or not. The whypark ad feed is a joke, paying pennies on the dollar with a ctr that's just not worth it.

I wish you all the best with whypark, please go in with your eyes open, I'm done 'sharing' or even caring anymore, so this will be my last post in this thread. Cheers!

•••
Share where you moved your domains,just llooking for a little input

There's numerous things to do with your names. Work out what is best for you.

Now you know what i am looking for people to 'share'

Yeah...you want people to give you a magic bullet that works. I'm sorry, but the people that are using WP with success probably won't share what they are doing to make it work. As for finding out what else works...that's your job, because no matter what anyone suggests, you won't know until you try it.

Yeah...much like yourself. Be polite, You don't like my answer, just ignore it.

Lots to 'share'
Thanks for sharing your insight,though i would have prefered you keep your comments to yourself

It's a public forum and I have said my piece. Quite frankly I'd rather you kept some of your comments to yourself....but hey, it is a public forum where people can say what they think within reason.

I suggest that if you want answers more to your liking, that you contact Craig or Kelly directly at WP. You could also try their forum.

Last edited:
•••
Just purchased online/wagers/dot net
off to park it at whypark,lets see how long it takes to get indexed i will 'add a result" for a few different search terms and links to it from other gambling sites
I see netbucks dot ca has 35 pages indexed at google and is maybe only 1 month old,go figure that out
I see my reg last week InternetManagement.ca is not indexed yet.
It is at netfirms still the welcome page.Seeing if i get it indexed that way first will speed up the entire indexing process.

A sports story recently came out,saw it at yahoo,about Quebec wanting its own Olympic team may also want to add leapfrogging as an event but I googled the first sentence plus 2 words of next sentence and hundreds maybe thousands had the same article on their website.Thats duplicate content it is all duplicate content...

Take an article from your whypark page search in "quotation"the first two sentences see how many other sites have that article.The less the better,one article i had on my site was on 8000 other sites,how do you get to the top of that.Sorry for babbling,felt like sharing I havent given up on whypark,maybe better for those who stay as there are less whypark articles out there,i dunno
On now to add onlinewagers dot net to whypark:tri:

•••
Good luck with the new name MOMD.

If Whypark works for you, that's good. Maybe if you can get some good results and post them here, you might pump some life back into this particular thread.

•••
•••
Different strokes for different folks! :blink:

I stuck with WP and I am glad I did. My WP revenue and traffic are up in January and February.

My highest CTR for a name is 46.77%. Many between 20% & 30%.

Earnings per click over $1 on some names using the WP feed.

All my WP sites are custom made, WP set to -0-, sites linked together, no Google problems, some names are ranking #1 at Google searches for my keywords.

AND... I can get paid 4 times a month - twice from WP and twice from Parked.

WooHoo!!!

•••
I also have stuck with WP. And although I received the G "slap" on 7 of my 60 domains, I still have others that rank in the top 2 pages of some very competitive search terms. An interesting item of note is that it appears to me that the 7 were all de-indexed at the same time, and it hasn't happened to my sites since.

I have taken a different approach than many. I only use WP for domains that had no natural traffic at Parked. So as far as I am concerned, if I earn $0.01 more than my Enhanced plan $10 fee, I am coming out ahead. MTD for February, I have had 11 of my 53 sites receive clicks, and I exceeded my monthly fee in earnings by the 10th of the month. Everything after that is gravy. AND REMEMBER, NONE OF THESE SITES EVEN EARNED $0.01 PARKED!!!

Something to consider, Yahoo has gotten really tough on banning their premium feed to domains. First off, unless your domain is a .com, .net, .org, or .info you are not getting the premium feed and your earnings will be much lower. While I have experienced some good paying clicks from the secondary feed, they are not as targeted as the premium feed thus fewer clicks at lower prices. My sites that are getting traffic are averaging an RPC from $0.05 to $1.22!

I still believe that there is a market for WP just as I believe that there is a market for Noomle although I don't use them. It just depends what you are looking for. I don't chance my adsense account and use the Yahoo feeds provided to WP by Parked. I would consider it foolish to use my adsense account on this or Noomle unless ALL content was original.

Just my $0.02

Alan

•••
Nice to hear some insight.
Sounds like some people get nice whypark feed clicks
I never do good with their feed.I put up a webcam site and their related searches were for everything but webcams.Plain old sucked.
As for content would probably be better to get free articles from articlecircle.com or similar lots out there,just in quotation marks search the first sentence exactly see how many other sites have it as well.Thats what i do,will be doing alot more with my main sites.I like having 100 pages indexed at google then put it up at sedo creates alot more search links to your site.
By the way i am no computer expert I work in a vineyard pruning and caring for grape plants.
Gonna put a blog up using my website GrapePlants.ca
will forward to my blog shortly.
current blog adresse Wine Grapes of the Okanagan valley

•••
I'm glad that both BB and AW posted something positive about WP. It is good to see people still having success with it and there is a lot of nice folks attatched to the platform. Good to see it's not all gloom and doom.

As BB said...different strokes for different folks.

•••
I had about 15% of my WP domains get de-indexed and lose all PR over the past month. There is no apparent method to Google's madness as some had unique content and others did not, some were 10+ years old, others were <1 year, and none linked to bad neighborhoods.

Bing doesn't index anything on WP even with 100% unique content in my experience.

•••
Hi.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back