Dynadot

WhyPark Optimization, Support & Wishlist

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
ok guys,

i think we need a thread where we can all discuss whypark, get and give help to other users, talk about how to improve and all of all, a wishlist. Give your suggestion on which options and features you would like to see.

Just so you know,

I'm NOT related to the whypark team, I'm just a member, like everyone else.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
•••
humdomains - ranking for niche keywords is really where WhyPark excels. We never claim that you can get setup and start ranking first for a hugely competitive word like "mortgage". In a recent newsletter, we made the recommendation that focusing on niche keywords is the way to go to create a focused, themed site. As an example, in the past 30 days, there were about 120,000 different keywords that brought visitors to a WhyPark site. It's lots of niche searches that are developing traffic, over one big keyword. An example on Google is "domain appraisals". The 4th listing down (domainappraisalscam) is a WhyPark hosted site. They do a nice job of adding custom content and keeping the site focused. This isn't a site we own, but rather a customer doing a nice job with WhyPark. They also promote WhyPark for additional affiliate revenue.

•••
•••
Is it free to register in whypark?

•••
Maybe even if it's a small fee, I would like to send emails from the sites that I park. like, [email protected].

•••
I would like a way to bulk edit using the stock templates on the layout page. I see where you can bulk edit if customizing, but I'm not able to that using the pre-made templates.

•••
Are there any plans for search engine friendly URLs? I notice all the articles use links similar to: article.cfm/id/241591

Won't sites using the same keywords/articles have duplicate content problems or is the goal just to get the main page indexed, not all the content pages?

•••
whats the best way to get news feeds on a whypark site?

•••
MildSeven - We've been looking into offering an email service with domains as an add-on. It's on our "to do" list, but is probably at least 4-6 months off right now while we work on other development items.

Jerry T - what you could do is open up one of your sites where you're using our stock template and just save that into your own saved templates; even if you didn't change anything. Then, you could make any tweaks you want and apply it to your other domains.

GWKG - The current setup of the URL's are very search engine friendly and easy for SE's to spider and follow. I assume you're looking at trying to add keywords to the URL's like /this-pages-keyword.htm. That I'm not sure about yet. While some sites may be using the same articles, the mix of keywords that each customer uses is unique, so you'll get a unique blend of related articles on each page and a different niche theme.

avi2l - Right now, it would be through JavaScript, but that will be cosmetic only and for users to use; it wouldn't help with search engines. However, we do have adding RSS feeds through the domain manager on our development list. So, you'll be able to choose your feed source and add it to your site. It will be pulled in and viewed just like standard HTML.

Thanks for all of the posts everyone.

•••
WhyPark sites are down again! (2 times in this week)! It effects my revenue strongly!

•••
:( Damn it! I just signed up WhyPark 2 days ago, plan to move some of my domains today...

•••
cdboyz said:
:( Damn it! I just signed up WhyPark 2 days ago, plan to move some of my domains today...

They are still upgrading. I live their layout, but we still need the stability

•••
We had to reboot last night. We're also scripting some additional uptime checks. Last night when the sites went offline and needed the reboot, all of the services were reporting as online, but the sites were hanging. This is our top priority. We're also looking at adding some additional failover servers in case of issues like this.

We've been doing much better in our new location with the new servers though and are seeing much better response times and quicker page loads. Would everyone agree?

In the meantime too, check out a free little tool I whipped up to help create some domain suggestions: www.NameTumbler.com

You can create some great domain combinations using this tool and quickly check out their availability.

•••
Thats a really neat tool. Thanks

BTW could you please explain why on average once a month I have to go to Google Sitemap Verification and re-verify well over 60% of my domains.

I noticed this again on the 18th of Dec. Have not had time to re-verify them again. Will do it soon. This is beginning to get annoying.

Is this a problem from WhyPark?. This problem has been mentioned before here at NamePros on several occasions by various Domainers.

GIL :)

•••
so we have seen improvements in WhyPark...

great

I have one request

instead of using the meta tag to verify with Google webmaster Tools, if we use the .html verification method, its better.

Why?

I'll tell you

With each site you add to the Google Webmaster Tools, each meta tag is different for each site. But with the .html file, its one file, for all sites.

So if Craig (WhyPark Owner) would allow us to add our .html file in our profile, so whenever we create a new site, by default, that .html file will be in the root of each site.

•••
Hi WhyPark staff,

That's interesting thing to know. I just wonder if I could add couple of links of my own websites anywhere in the page - it is to promote my site along with the related contents from whypark. Any advice in this regard.

Best wishes,

•••
We have the built-in text ad manager, which lets you setup and even schedule text links to run site-wide on a domain. That text link placeholder can be moved anywhere in the layout. So, if you wanted to have your text links right above or at the end of the main content, you could go to the Layout link for that domain and move the text links placeholder [[textads]] to anywhere in the HTML. You also have full control over the HTML layout, so you could really add the links anywhere. The only restriction is that it can't be right in the middle of an article, or linked off of text within an article.

Craig

•••
Hi Craig,

Could you please read my post #65 on this thread and tell me why this is happening. I´ve since re-verified all my domains again. Why is this hapenning and is there something that could be done to avoid this?

It´s the 3rd time in 4 months that I´ve had to re-verify the majority of my domains. I know that other domainers here have had a similar problem.

GIL

•••
it means

GILSAN said:
Hi Craig,

Could you please read my post #65 on this thread and tell me why this is happening. I´ve since re-verified all my domains again. Why is this hapenning and is there something that could be done to avoid this?

It´s the 3rd time in 4 months that I´ve had to re-verify the majority of my domains. I know that other domainers here have had a similar problem.

GIL
your sites are down long enough for google to notice..I got sick of re doing it too.hopefully they will fix the problems

•••
HiSoC8Y said:
so we have seen improvements in WhyPark...

great

I have one request

instead of using the meta tag to verify with Google webmaster Tools, if we use the .html verification method, its better.

Why?

I'll tell you

With each site you add to the Google Webmaster Tools, each meta tag is different for each site. But with the .html file, its one file, for all sites.

So if Craig (WhyPark Owner) would allow us to add our .html file in our profile, so whenever we create a new site, by default, that .html file will be in the root of each site.

i suggested this, and this is so simple to implement, don't know why craig is not listening.

•••
It's actually not an issue of ease of implementation, but rather having so many thousands of those HTML verification files in the root directory.

We've brought some more servers online in the last few weeks and the only downtime in the trailing 7 days was for one reboot as we brought the servers up. We're adding some custom logging to the XML sitemap so we can try to determine what the issue is when Google can't pull the file. We see on average about 10+ requests per second all day long from Googlebot and those seem to be handled without issue.

Google does seem to have an API for Sitemap submissions with GoDaddy as a pilot program (http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2007/11/go-daddy-and-google-offer-easy-access.html). Hopefully that will become a public roll-out soon.

Craig

•••
Craig what about the adsense ads that arent showing?

•••
We have been hearing from customers about AdSense not appearing on some domains that Google feels have too little original content. We haven’t been able to pinpoint why they choose some sites and not others though. A large number of domains on WhyPark are still displaying AdSense without issue. My gut feel is that it's based on the quality of the incoming links to those domains, if there's any custom content/layouts, and perhaps the revenue per domain.

We did just sign a few deals with ad providers to be able to integrate ads directly into WhyPark sites. We also signed up with a very respected click fraud service to provide confidence to advertisers that we’re providing only the highest quality clicks. We hope to get the ad feeds integrated within the next few weeks. We’ll ultimately also be adding a direct ad network where advertisers will be able to buy directly across our domains on a CPC and CPM basis. The "official" notice of all of this will be emailed as soon as all of the contracts are fully executed.

While obviously we don't love to see ads dropping off on some domains, we're confident that the improvements we're making over the next months will ultimately be better for our customers. We have a number of very positive announcements that we'll be making in the next weeks.

•••
Investing a hundred bucks is not going to make or break me.... stuff happens. I understand that part.

What I don't understand is the total lack of communications with people who have signed on with you. Whypark needs to address this problem first sir.

Have a great day :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back