Domain Empire

WhyPark Optimization, Support & Wishlist

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
ok guys,

i think we need a thread where we can all discuss whypark, get and give help to other users, talk about how to improve and all of all, a wishlist. Give your suggestion on which options and features you would like to see.

Just so you know,

I'm NOT related to the whypark team, I'm just a member, like everyone else.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Is there anyone from WhyPark on this board who will read it?

•••
I'm sure they will read it.

i'll start with one question.

Is it a good idea to put links to my other sites related to the topic of the site? If i do that, the links will show on all the pages within the domain, could that hurt any SE rankings?

•••
I'd read it. as far as linking the sites to each other, I have several sites that relate, but I link them naturally within the content. From what I understand, linking to your own sites might result in being penalized or not counting.

I too would like more info on this, because, the links that I get from my whypark pages to my other sites are the most consistent and steady. And I would like to utilize tis properly.

•••
netmeg said:
Is there anyone from WhyPark on this board who will read it?

I've never seen a WhyPark representative make a post on NamePros. We probably never will either. :td:

•••
NPKJB said:
I've never seen a WhyPark representative make a post on NamePros. We probably never will either. :td:

Indeed... Since they only make either $100 or $45(if through affiliate) per sale of 1 block of 100, don't expect too much support.

Unlike other parking companies who get their revenue through a share of the members profits on a monthly basis, Whypark only get paid one time per member.
Selling their product through ClickBank should already give you a clue as to their business model. It's more of a product than a service and so it should be treated as such. Logically you wouldn't expect them to provide consistent support considering that will entail additional costs on their part which is apparently not their business plan.
So the best way to get them to improve the product is hammer them with emails requesting changes. (by the way they don't seem to have a standard support system in place, you have to send all request through emails)

They will of course update their program once in awhile, especially if it suits their needs, i.e. when the sales are low and they need to promote more sales.

That said, it is still a very useful program. Pretty good for building backlinks to your other non Whypark sites.

•••
I'm Craig Rowe from WhyPark, so there will be an "official" response. I'll work on keeping as active as possible on this thread and will try to answer as many questions as possible.

We do have a number of new features in the works that will provide shared revenue opportunities as well as new service offerings set for 2008. I'd love to use this forum as a way to get feedback on new features we have in our queue.

I look forward to answering questions and learning a lot from our WhyPark members on this open forum. We are working on building out a larger team to help support our members as efficiently and reliably as possible as we continue to grow. We're very open to feedback and suggestions and will build WhyPark based on our users' feedback.

Thanks,

Craig Rowe
WhyPark.com

•••
Craig, glad to hear that you will be frequenting the board.

If I may ask. Whats the current state regarding the server timeouts? And what are the possibilities of getting a few more templates from Freecsstemplates.org? There's some pretty nice ones that would fit in great.

thanks

•••
Yea, to be honest with you Craig (and welcome to Namepros, sorry to jump on you as soon as you show up here) I was pretty upset that less than a month after I signed up my site was down more than it was up. I had to remove it, and sent in an email request for an explanation / pro-rated refund, and never got any answer to that either. It's not leaving me with a good impression.

•••
The downtime seems to be resolved. On Monday, we were seeing some timeouts due to some aggressive stats tracking that we're starting to implement. The stats will be implemented into the domain manager so you can view visits, page views, popular pages, referrers and more. We rolled out the logging end of things last week, but it seemed to be bogging down the servers a bit. We've temporarily pulled it off to make it more efficient.

We also upgraded our server software on Tuesday, which made large improvements. We'll continue to scale servers as needed to keep up with new sites.

I apologize that your support request wasn't handled quickly too. We are looking for support personnel and will reach out to our WhyPark members in the coming weeks. I think this type of open forum will help answer a lot of questions as well (also a suggestion of a WhyPark member, which is great).

Craig

•••
Hi Craig... welcome to NP. This is a very positive step by whypark and its really appreciated. :)

•••
Hi Craig,

Welcome to namepros. i'm one of your clients and feel quite happy in so far with whypark and have recommended to some of my friends (and got some reseller income as well by selling your product). the major drawback as i have seen is the limited choice of templates that we can use. though there's possibilities to create new templates from some free template providers, however it may take some time to 'create' them. if you could provide some more attractive templates (like what google's done with its blogger templates) it will be much better.

regards,
richrich

•••
Two questions...

I didn't know if I should've started a new topic or posted it in here. But I park all of my domains with Whypark, so I just posted here. :)

1. How can I make it so that no one can copy and paste what I have written on a page? I am going to have a series of custom pages, of which I do not want anyone copying and pasting what I have written and claiming it as their own.

2. I do not want to show "This Site is for Sale", but I still want visitors to be able to contact me. Maybe a link down at the bottom of every page or the homepage that says "Contact Webmaster", and it goes to my email or something.

http://forum.image-line.com//files/neuron_express_266.mp3

Last edited:
•••
Hi Craig,

I just applied WhyPark, but I have the big problems here.

My domain portfolios are almost Vietnamese, therefore I want to post some Vietnamese articles but I have problem with the font. I put the meta code as unicode, but it seemed to me that I could not post Vietnamese through WhyPark (It is possible to post Vietnamese on WordPress or other blog websites)

May you help me to solve this problem. My website is www.hangkhong.com. The website for airline ticket

Thank you

•••
richrich - we've been working on a lot of new back-end updates, but will get back into adding new templates. We'd also like to reach out to our WhyPark userbase to evaluate and pay for new templates created by users.

MildSeven - Unfortunately, like anything on the internet, there's no guarantee that someone else won't steal your custom content. If you happen to find another WhyPark user grabbing your content though, just let us know and we'll have it removed. To add the contact link, you could use the Layout function to add the link or email address on each page, like in the footer. Click on Layout for the domain you want to change and go to the HTML to add the email link to your footer or anywhere.

rexvnus - it looks like your title is rendering correctly. Is it custom pages where the font is not showing correctly? Can you point me to one of your custom pages where this is happening?

Thanks,
Craig

•••
Well, after doing a bit of research, I'm proud to say I know a little more about HTML! :) :)

<!-- start footer -->
<div id="footer">
<p id="legal">
[[whypark]] | <a href="/site-map.cfm">Site Map</a> | <a href="/">Home</a> | <a href="mailto:[email protected]">Contact Webmaster</a>
</p>
</div>
<!-- end footer -->

•••
MildSeven said:
Well, after doing a bit of research, I'm proud to say I know a little more about HTML! :) :)

Me2, That's great to hear. Which sites you recommend for for html reference?

•••
Well, this is for the level two red layout. I'm not sure if it's any different for the other layouts.

•••
The title does not work as well (in hangkhong.com case, it works just for 2 words hàng không, but others can not be correct).

This is the custom page of TenMien.biz, which titile and custom page are showing wrongly: http://tenmien.biz/page.cfm/id/15040

Thank you
whypark said:
rexvnus - it looks like your title is rendering correctly. Is it custom pages where the font is not showing correctly? Can you point me to one of your custom pages where this is happening?

Thanks,
Craig

•••
Craig, i have a domain with chinese traffic that makes a lot per day.
I just added another one but i see no visitor stats through statscounter, when i park it with namedrive i get the real stats, with whypark and statscounter i dont get anything.
Do u any idea of whats happening???(based on ur experience!)

•••
rexvnus - we'll check into why some of the characters are not showing correctly on your custom pages.

on!SPOT - Please let me know the domain with the traffic that you're seeing from China (could be a private message if you prefer). I'd be curious if you were seeing revenue from that traffic in the past or just "hits". If it's hits, my guess would be some type of automated traffic rather than real visitors. If that's the case, the StatCounter JavaScript would not be triggered to log the visitors. I could run a quick log for your domain though to see what the origin of the traffic is though, and if it's legit.

•••
whypark said:
rexvnus - we'll check into why some of the characters are not showing correctly on your custom pages.

on!SPOT - Please let me know the domain with the traffic that you're seeing from China (could be a private message if you prefer). I'd be curious if you were seeing revenue from that traffic in the past or just "hits". If it's hits, my guess would be some type of automated traffic rather than real visitors. If that's the case, the StatCounter JavaScript would not be triggered to log the visitors. I could run a quick log for your domain though to see what the origin of the traffic is though, and if it's legit.

Nothing has been fixed yet.

I have to move my domains to other parking

•••
Welcome Craig

Good to see you here Craig representing WhyPark.

I know we've been in contact by email and I'm sure your inbox is filling up more and more every day with whypark inquiries as interest grows.

I'd like to let everyone here know that I have been with whypark for just over a month and am loving it. I will also be compiling my own "wish list" and I'll post it here in the near future.

One quick tip for those without much HTML experience who may want to tweak their whypark templates. Get yourself a WYSIWYG html editor, create a new html page and paste in the code from your whypark template. From there you can do simple modifications, then select all the code and paste it back into your whypark template. I'm sure there will be some great new templates available before long in the system also.

With any luck, in the near future whypark will have a series of flash tutorial videos that will be an invaluable tool for WhyPark members.

Last edited:
•••
ur post has been reported for a bad post for spamming and advertising....

hint hint Makis

•••
Sorry about that

Sorry about that. I can see why it would seem like that, though not intended. I have edited my post to be more sensible.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back