IT.COM

WhyPark

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

RJ

Domain BuyerTop Member
Impact
We lost our popular discussion thread about WhyPark. It was deleted by forum software when the thread starter's account was deleted (at his request). Sorry about that everyone.

This is a new thread being established to talk about WhyPark.

RJ

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I just logged in to my Whpark account after many months of not bothering. I was curious to see if any money had accumulated in my account ! I checked for the past 6 months - I had 600 visitors overall to my various 'sites' and not a single click ! Lol - so it's goodbye to Whypark from me. A very good name if you ask me - 'Why Park' ?

•••
Time to change this thread to the DomainApps

They dont go by WhyPark anymore

•••
Go into customize your current layout, find the default whypark image, make note of the image size. I use paintshoppro to open and resize my images to the needed size. Save it and then upload it to your whypark image gallery. Click on insert image, copy the code line they give you and then paste it in place of the default image line and submit the changes.

•••
Just today one of my sites I normally dont get any visits on got 2 clicks for $0.70. UsedRegina.info Right on!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

•••
•••
Just curious if I can have any extension names at Whypark. I have loads at the moment but I cant seem to get this domain to work.

CheapTours.co.za (South Africa)

The name servers are set correctly at the registrar, and I have added the Name to my Whypark account

When I try and open this site, it just goes to the Whypark logon page???

Any ideas??

•••
You can access the widget page through the homepage. Once you get there, you can add them to your domains. They're also quite customizable.

•••
Nice...just checked it out. Thanks for the heads up. :)

•••
@domrunner

I think Tim_Myth covered everything that you asked, but I will add a couple of things.

WhyPark payouts have been low for me so far. I was making quite a bit more with sedo, but with WhyPark you can do a lot more than just parking.

My main objective is selling domains, and I like that you can fully customize sites on WhyPark to optimize for sales. I have been getting more offers through the WhyPark sales form than I did at sedo, AND when I make a sale, I get all the profit instead of paying commission. Now if WhyPark would add an an escrow service :)

You can make changes to groups of many sites at once. For example, on around a hundred of my geo-service domains, I stripped most of the WhyPark default template, including their ads, and installed a simple custom directory template. What would have taken me days in WordPress took me around 2 hrs with WhyPark. Now, I still have to go through and add local businesses to each site, but it was very nice to get all the templates set up at once.

Apps also add functionality. While they could be better, they enhance user experience quite a bit. I think there are only a couple that are monetized, though. Here are some examples of my sites that use the WhyPark apps:

Local Directory
austininsurance.us

Games
9ball.net

Youtube
aircompressorrepair.net

Shopping
astronomyforkids.org

Hotel Directory
auburnhotels.us

Movies
moviescomingsoon.org

Music
alternativerock.us

Weather
WeatherForcast.us

I'm thinking about trying to find a ppc program to use soon, but as you alluded to, adding AdSense with WhyPark is probably asking for trouble. I feel like I already have enough risk there with my WordPress sites.

Having said all of that, it sounds like you may be wanting to use parking revenue as a business model. I doubt WhyPark will work too well for that, but I also doubt any program will. For me, parking rev is a nice bonus, but it's not something I can make a living from. If you have killer domains, though, it may be different for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
you are right on !

i have for several years ( yes years - not months ) over 5000 domain there :

next to no revenue ( for all 5000 domains maybe on a fantatic day almost $ 10 all together - this is correct !! not even $ 10 for ALL together )
it was promissec that the apps on the domains will pay - and that it would clearly be shown when an app pays - well a big fat zero on that idea - no telling if and when actually an app pays ( or at least paid to the domainer )

traffic has increase by a fraction of a % on a very few domains - almost none !! - most did not have any increase at all .

very limited selection of pictures - half of the stuff does not even work - like broken pictures ( look at small kitchen appliances just as an example but there are many other pictures missing or not loading )

the whypark for sale dmoain form pages are indexed evenso your domain is set to your own contact / for sale form ( that really stinks !! )

most names don't even show relevant articles or links unless you CONSTANTLY AGAIN and AGAIN check and make sure there are still showing - every second or 3rd domain i check does not even show the relevent links or one single article.

there is a section where yuo can indivcate if you want the whypark staff to optimize - you click it - but nothing ever gets optimized - no one EVER checks any of the names ( you can check that if the "last updated on" date never changes on the domain.

you are asking : why are you still there if it is so bad - well give me a better option and i do it ( remember 5000 domains ! )

•••
So what are you waiting for? Move half to Bodis and the other half to voodoo and see which perform best. You have nothing to lose by the sounds of it.

i guess you don't know what whypark is for :

it is to build traffic and develop domains .

why would i want to move these domains to a parking company - they do not have traffic - otherwise i would not put them to whypark at the first place .

you most likely don't know but 95 % of all domains online do not have any traffic

and those people who tell you they registered all their domains in the past few months and now they are getting rich from parking - they are most likely lying or get the traffic from an illegal source !

that that is fact !

so if you have domains the don't have traffic you don't make any money - ergo , you put them to a place that promisses you that it will be getting traffic - this is what whypark does ( or promisses ) but it is not true .

btw : yesterday revenue was less than 4 dollars for all domains - so before you choose this service - make sure your domain has no traffic as this system does not work !

•••
We lost our popular discussion thread about WhyPark. It was deleted by forum software when the thread starter's account was deleted (at his request). Sorry about that everyone.

This is a new thread being established to talk about WhyPark.

RJ

Hmm...where to begin?

•••
Hmm...where to begin?
At the beginning? :D

I'm using whypark's $10/mo service, pretty ok with it.

Just to let you know my experience with whypark:

1. Changing templates etc is pretty easy, they have some pretty nice templates, some are more effective than the others.

2. Adding your own 3rd party ads like adsense is easy enough too even though this is only available to old accounts or paid accounts.

3. I still haven't figured out how to add incoming rss feeds and am a little confused where the posts from these feeds do display on site.

4. Unlike other people, I have found that the minisites DO NOT get auto indexed, you still have to submit them to search engines and other indexing systems.

5. Some exotic cctld minisites don't get indexed at all, even after submission.

6. Whypark support is excellent, usually someone there within your control panel's right sidebar to answer questions and handle support immediately.

7. Its an easy way to mass develop, though managing 100s of domains is not as easy as it could be, the user GUI could be streamlined a lot further. Also reporting could be made more granular.

8. I'd love to have a system to add 100s of links to each site so that the sites can link to each other, but there isn't any 'text block' above the footer to do the same.

More later, feel free to let me know if I could doing something differently for better results. ;)

•••
I've been using WhyPark for 48 hours. So far, I like my old technique of using Adsense customized Wordpress templates a lot better.

Still, there does seem to be some advantages in using the WhyPark platform if the rumors of IP penalties are unfounded. Will be reporting further after stats are available.

So far, I'm showing all zeros. Wow, it's late.

•••
whypark testing

I've been using WhyPark for 48 hours. So far, I like my old technique of using Adsense customized Wordpress templates a lot better.

Still, there does seem to be some advantages in using the WhyPark platform if the rumors of IP penalties are unfounded. Will be reporting further after stats are available.

So far, I'm showing all zeros. Wow, it's late.

Hi R-Jay,

About the link deletion... maybe the content of Whypark discussions was preferred to be controlled by the company, which is wise (just based on my own experience with posting a lot of great ideas on a well-known "secret" private forum back in 2006, and when I was booted by the admin a few months later for questioning him about his posting the names of people he booted, I lost contacts with a lot of people I had built relationships with. It's a devastating occurence, something that obviously wasn't considered by the admin. All my posts, messages, comments, were unavailable to me - forever it seems. I was talked off a bridge after that... although the bridge was only 10 feet above water, it still was "symbolic" of my pain. (lol) Emotionally and business-wise, I've recovered, with the help of PTS therapists... propofal, lots of boiled kale and Namepros - ;)

I'm not saying you'd do what this admin did to me and hundreds of others on his forum before he shut it down, this is just a fact of forum discussions and control of your content.

I actually do not have any firsthand information about why the account was deleted from NP. I'm not making any comments here representing Whypark or its representatives and partners.

For MicroGuy: I know how you feel when you try out a new system, when you're used to another system. But you came to Whypark for a reason, and you won't experience its benefits in 48 hours. Whypark is for domains that fall into the reasons below:

1) "My domains get NO TRAFFIC while being parked at a PS (Parking Service). I need OST (Organic Search Traffic)"
2) "My domains will NEVER get indexed if they are parked at a landing page provided by a PS"
3) "I want to use the most technologically-advanced domain/website optimized system to push a longtail or niche domain to the top of SE results, and feature the site as a multi-monetization platform, including adsense, ebooks, affiliate links, and bookmarkable info to create a real website, without spending thousands of dollars."

From my own experience, even as the ex-VP of Bus. Dev. at Whypark, I'm making money on domains I've had parked at Whypark for a year now... it's not a lot of income, but better still, I've received domain sales enquiries where I didn't before, and any income on domains that made NOTHING for years, is a welcome benefit. Additionally, about 20% of my domains were google-indexed with little custom page additions within six months or so. That's pretty good, since I don't spend a lot of time working on them. If I added a custom page a day for each domain, I'd do a lot better in payouts and indexing.

I always invite people to sign up through my referral link on my blog and I'll give them some free tips and inside info to help them reach success. All you need to do is ask! (sorry for the plug, R-Jay)

All domainers have realized now what I saw five years ago, and accepted the fact that Craig Rowe, Pres. of Whypark, was the only guy who would be able to create a bulk processing website incorporating a monetization program/vehicle that I knew eventually would be REQUIRED for my domains that weren't performing, but I was retaining for aftermarket. That's why I went to work for him last year, and I couldn't be happier about the outcome for the company, although I've moved on.

I still use them, and I hope all domainers not making money at PS's, especially all the non.com owners... be patient and add just a little content to your custom pages, and you should be indexed after several months. If you need to add just a little more, consider the value of your domain, and the value that domain will have if it had more SE representation, and consider adding some "managed setup" solutions that WhyPark provides. Test it out on ten domains first to see how you like it.

To be fair and objective, I advise ALL domainers to take non-performing domains and test them with a variety of content development sites and programmers, such as paid sites AEIOU.com, DevHub, and free sites like Wordpress and Noomle (although I haven't yet seen any real examples of Noomle sites, and I hate the name), and "premium domain" sites like Brian Benko's NoParking.com, Igor's DomainSpa.com and Kevin's HitFarm (gotta be accepted on these sites).

Bottom line: If your domains are parked at a PS and ARE NOT making revenue, MOVE THEM and put some content on the page. Sell an ebook. Put up an affiliate site with some relevant content. Do something, but parking them is like flushing your renewal fee down the toilet each year.

Cheers!:wave:

•••
Best wishes to Craig and the Whypark team.
I hope the recent events have not done too much damage to your business.

•••
It definitely too bad to see that all of this knowledge and communication from numerous different members is gone, but it doesn't mean the communication has to stop moving forward. We do have our forum at WhyPark Forum - Powered by vBulletin, which I'm working to revamp, but the NamePros discussions help to bring in new users who wouldn't otherwise been a customer. It's definitely a shame to see a 172 page forum disappear overnight though.

To happier news, we have a new contest we're running with Chef Patrick to win a new Amazon Kindle or Netbook. Details are here on our blog: WhyPark Domain Parking Blog: WhyPark September Contest: Win an Amazon Kindle or Netbook Computer and this is open to new and old customers. So, if you were on the fence about moving domains over, this should give you an extra incentive.

As Stephen mentioned, we're definitely not a magic platform that will generate riches overnight for you. What we do have though is a refined set of tools to help you mass develop your domains in a scalable environment and pull in top-tier monetization on those sites as well. It's still a site though and it has to play by all of the same rules as traditionally developed sites. You need quality incoming links and adding custom content will always help too.

Samit - I've answered your questions below...

3. I still haven't figured out how to add incoming rss feeds and am a little confused where the posts from these feeds do display on site.

>>>> When adding or editing a domain, you'll see the field for incoming RSS feed. Add the feed's URL there and we'll pull in the contents on a scheduled basis. In the layout, make sure that you have the placeholder where you want the feeds to be shown. That's done with the [[rssfeed-in]] placeholder. Many of the older templates don't have this in place by default.

4. Unlike other people, I have found that the minisites DO NOT get auto indexed, you still have to submit them to search engines and other indexing systems.

>>>> Getting high quality links is still important. Once you get even one or two good links from sites that also get indexed frequently, you'll see the spiders starting to crawl. It's still important to keep building new incoming links and that's one of the nice things about having a real site online instead of a parked page. You can attract new incoming links, use a small amount of link exchanges with quality partners and submit to quality directories.

>>>> A lot of that goes back to the links again, but search engines also take the tld into consideration, especially if you're running an english site on a TLD not normally for English sites. I've seen just about everything get indexed, but a co.uk is still going to likely perform better on google.co.uk than google.com.

6. Whypark support is excellent, usually someone there within your control panel's right sidebar to answer questions and handle support immediately.

>>>> Thanks!

7. Its an easy way to mass develop, though managing 100s of domains is not as easy as it could be, the user GUI could be streamlined a lot further. Also reporting could be made more granular.

>>>> The old NamePros forum was just starting to discuss different ways we could make bulk editing a bit easier on things like text links and general site settings. Hopefully we can continue discussing that. Reporting is something that we'll continue to enhance as well.

8. I'd love to have a system to add 100s of links to each site so that the sites can link to each other, but there isn't any 'text block' above the footer to do the same.

>>>> Text links seem to be the one area where people are always asking for better ways to bulk manage them. You can link to other sites you own, but it would be through using the text link section on each domain. I would recommend not getting carried away on inter-linking your domains though, or you'll look like a mini-net to search engines. If you want to push traffic between related domains, I'd recommend adding a short custom page that has new content and talks about the subject of the other domain, and then include a link at the end of the page to your other site. You'll also likely drive more traffic that way.

Well, I hope we can keep this thread active and see the same level of contributions that were in the past thread. It's certainly been an interesting month on NamePros.

Craig

•••
Great stuff, Craig.

The WP forum does need a revamp. Use the Noomle approach. Noomle has a strong presence at NP but uses their forum for most support related questions. It is easier for them to answer member's questions at their forum where they have staff than having to check NP 24/7. Many of the questions asked here are already answered there.

Last edited:
•••
It definitely too bad to see that all of this knowledge and communication from numerous different members is gone, but it doesn't mean the communication has to stop moving forward. We do have our forum at WhyPark Forum - Powered by vBulletin, which I'm working to revamp, but the NamePros discussions help to bring in new users who wouldn't otherwise been a customer. It's definitely a shame to see a 172 page forum disappear overnight though.

To happier news, we have a new contest we're running with Chef Patrick to win a new Amazon Kindle or Netbook. Details are here on our blog: WhyPark Domain Parking Blog: WhyPark September Contest: Win an Amazon Kindle or Netbook Computer and this is open to new and old customers. So, if you were on the fence about moving domains over, this should give you an extra incentive.

As Stephen mentioned, we're definitely not a magic platform that will generate riches overnight for you. What we do have though is a refined set of tools to help you mass develop your domains in a scalable environment and pull in top-tier monetization on those sites as well. It's still a site though and it has to play by all of the same rules as traditionally developed sites. You need quality incoming links and adding custom content will always help too.

Samit - I've answered your questions below...

>>>> When adding or editing a domain, you'll see the field for incoming RSS feed. Add the feed's URL there and we'll pull in the contents on a scheduled basis. In the layout, make sure that you have the placeholder where you want the feeds to be shown. That's done with the [[rssfeed-in]] placeholder. Many of the older templates don't have this in place by default.

>>>> Getting high quality links is still important. Once you get even one or two good links from sites that also get indexed frequently, you'll see the spiders starting to crawl. It's still important to keep building new incoming links and that's one of the nice things about having a real site online instead of a parked page. You can attract new incoming links, use a small amount of link exchanges with quality partners and submit to quality directories.

>>>> A lot of that goes back to the links again, but search engines also take the tld into consideration, especially if you're running an english site on a TLD not normally for English sites. I've seen just about everything get indexed, but a co.uk is still going to likely perform better on google.co.uk than google.com.

>>>> Thanks!

>>>> The old NamePros forum was just starting to discuss different ways we could make bulk editing a bit easier on things like text links and general site settings. Hopefully we can continue discussing that. Reporting is something that we'll continue to enhance as well.

>>>> Text links seem to be the one area where people are always asking for better ways to bulk manage them. You can link to other sites you own, but it would be through using the text link section on each domain. I would recommend not getting carried away on inter-linking your domains though, or you'll look like a mini-net to search engines. If you want to push traffic between related domains, I'd recommend adding a short custom page that has new content and talks about the subject of the other domain, and then include a link at the end of the page to your other site. You'll also likely drive more traffic that way.

Well, I hope we can keep this thread active and see the same level of contributions that were in the past thread. It's certainly been an interesting month on NamePros.

Craig

Well, Da Boss is still in Da House! :)
Welcome Craig!
Let's get this WhyPark thread off to a good start! :tu:
Any nice WP site examples guys?
How 'bout my e.MD?
P.S. PLEASE bring Donny back! :)

Last edited:
•••
hate to ask :

1)what happened with the link on the control panel below the total revenue ? ( just got fixed )

2) the total revenue shown on the control panel does not match total revenue when looking at the stats ( todays revenue was never added ) - does it seam whypark is fast in taking revenue away ( aug 24 rerun disaster ) but is very slow of adding revenue ? ( fixed after more than 24 hours )

3) who was the winner of the last contest - since it was not posted anywhere i can find i thought i an asking here hoping for an answer.

Last edited:
•••
Hi,

I use WhyPark's free account. I read some people felt that pretty much the only way to make decent money on WhyPark was/is to use one of the paid accounts. Is anyone using the free account and making a little money? I'm not talking about getting rich just maybe 2-3X reg fees every month.

I understand that if you had the domain "arcade.com" you would make some bucks, even parking. But with lower quality names.

Also what numbers are some of you getting?

For 100 visits how many pay a fee?

How many visitors does your site get?

Do any of you keep track of these numbers?

I have only been with WhyPark for 3-4 weeks. Most of domains were hand registered and had no traffic. Most of them average 1 hit a day right now. Recently I promoted a couple of my sites to see if I could increase the traffic. The 2 sites I promoted went up in traffic. The promotion was only done a week or so ago.

My highest number for a single for a non promoted site is maybe 6 visits. My highest for a promoted site is 266 visits. This is in a single day. The promotion was started a week ago. Still no clicks for cash though. I made $1.68 last month for approx 2.5-3 weeks.

As for promoting. I read what WhyPark does for promotion and I just did pretty much the same things myself.

Do I need to change to the $10 plan to make money?

I asked in the old thread. I hope someone comes forward and gives me a clue. I understand it could take a while for the funds to start. I also understand that ghogle may not be keeping these pages in the index when they see them.

Thanks,
Steve

•••
I have been using whypark for just a month now. I have pushed over hundreds of domains with them. I am in the process of developing my own template that incorporates PPI ads, but am also considering using their default PPC model. Their import engine built some good pages.

I submitted about 20 sites to search engines, and have seen a nice spike in their traffic (probably a doubling). I outsourced some original articles for half of those, and again, I am seeing some nice traffic spikes (another doubling).

As soon as I have my new template created with third-party ad revenue, I will be doing a lot more experimenting with whypark. A $10/mo account only gets you 10MB in photo space, not a lot in a day when Gmail accounts give you 7GB.

Also, I have found no way to integrate a photo into a special position on your template (ie design ONE template for all sites, and then insert a special photo/logo file for each site). If it had this one feature, I would probably make it my only parking service, because I could easily make parked sites that look like real blogs instead of obvious parking sites.

•••
Does WhyPark actually bring in a decent amount of organic traffic?

•••
Sorry if this has been asked and answered before but...

I have bulk added some names some of which were declined as they were already listed with whypark. Is there a way I can see what names where declined?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back