IT.COM

WhyPark Optimization, Support & Wishlist

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
ok guys,

i think we need a thread where we can all discuss whypark, get and give help to other users, talk about how to improve and all of all, a wishlist. Give your suggestion on which options and features you would like to see.

Just so you know,

I'm NOT related to the whypark team, I'm just a member, like everyone else.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Welcome Craig,

I feel better about my Whypark purchase seeing some representation on here. With Bodis kicking me out, I have had to move all of my sites over to Whypark.

One question, I have a few domain names that I am struggling to optimized under the Whypark model (no articles for my content) . Would you ever forsee Whypark offering a more traditional parking service for select names for their clients?

Thanks.

•••
I just set up the new website with Adsense Players: www.AdsensePlayers.com

Please advise me how it is

Thank you

•••
•••
Craig,
1. one of the biggest issue is sitemap submission to google because of http part. if you guys can make it easy that for newbies.

2. better templates will help a great deal

3. more option to integrate adsense/marketing stuff for non-techie. like position on page or no of ads zone.

4. 99.99% uptime :)

5. preimum service with some extra cost and lot of feature, like integration of video from youtube or another other site, option to integrate pictures etc. sort of imodo premium page style pages.

i believe lot of us willing to pay/make more if we can integrate multimedia with click of button.

thanks.

•••
Yikes, rexvnus, your sig is kinda causing this mutant display effect on this item... how about putting a line break in there or something.

•••
I just fixed my signature.
Thanks Netmeg

•••
I don't know if this is the right place to be posting this and mods please feel free to move it if its not.

I am considering whether to pay the $100 fee or not.

I would like to know if any of you whypark users have had any significant traffic jump after moving to whypark. Also, I have heard of problems with uptime with whypark. Is this any major issue?

•••
I used WP for some of my websites (at my signature). But I think wordpress is better (I just knew it 2 days ago). This is my first WordPress http://www.cellphone.vn

WhyPark is still good if you have a huge portfolios which you can not maintain by yourself. (That is the only reason I still use WhyPark)

•••
This is the new WordPress for www.BankCosts.com.
Someone would say WordPress v.s. WhyPark, and it just depends on how many domains you have and want to develop

•••
So, has any one put a good custom feed into their WP site, where it looks good. I've played around with a few rss to html(javascript) but none look good. Also any suggestions on how to make my own personal feed, like I can put up my own unique content to several of my sites. I'm sure this is common, but I obviously missed it.

So basically, is there a smooth good looking way, to get WP articles, news feed and my own custom feed on a page?

•••
I am looking for that way too.

We need the pro here :D

•••
All of my whypark sites were down: www.consnews.com and the rest? What happened????

•••
Mine are fine... I pretty sure they sent out an email a few weeks ago stating that they would be performing a few updates to their servers. Downtime was to be expected.

How is your DNS configured?

All of my sites are using ns1.whypark.com and ns2.whypark.com

•••
I am using ns1.whypark.com and ns2.whypark.com too.

I just tried to change my layout to the simple one, and it works out: www.phones.com.vn

But I dont really like this layout. If I use the new layout, all of the websites will be down.

•••
I have a fairly simple question about Whypark. I signed up last week and am starting to move some under performing names from fabulous to try it out.

I don't see any type of "control panel" where I can see if I am generating any revenue? I must be missing something real obvious here.

Would y'all kindly help an old man out please? :'(

I want to be able to see how much money I've made or not made.

•••
jerry t said:
I have a fairly simple question about Whypark. I signed up last week and am starting to move some under performing names from fabulous to try it out.

I don't see any type of "control panel" where I can see if I am generating any revenue? I must be missing something real obvious here.

Would y'all kindly help an old man out please? :'(

I want to be able to see how much money I've made or not made.

Whypark is not a traditional parking company that displays ads on your sites.

Did you add your Adsense code to each site?

•••
NPKJB said:
Whypark is not a traditional parking company that displays ads on your sites.

Did you add your Adsense code to each site?
No sir, i did not. I guess that's how it works huh? Please be gentle :)

•••
Concerning the RSS feeds... we are going to be adding this soon, so the RSS is integrated into the site instead of using JavaScript.

The server move went really smoothly and we didn't have any downtime. The only planned downtime was for the domain manager, so we could keep the data sync'd. That was scheduled for 2 hours, but was only offline for 20 minutes. The sites all remained active during that time.

If you're not using our nameservers (ns1.whypark.com and ns2.whypark.com) and manage your own DNS, be sure that you update the A record to 207.58.206.106. We sent out an email and also had the notice when logging in through the domain manager. The old servers are now offline, so it sounds like you have the old DNS still. Anyone having problems, please email us at [email protected] and we can help you out. The only change is in the DNS though, so if you change your A record, you'll be fine.

The new layout issue with the [[image]] placeholder has been fixed this morning as well. Sorry for the inconvenience.

•••
jerry, you need to add your own advertising code for any revenue figures to start coming in. You could use adsense, ypn or maybe some affiliate marketing products from clickbank.

Nice to see someone from VA at last. :)

•••
i was wondering how you create a sitemap for each whypark site so that it can be submitted to google webmaster tools to get added and approved. how does whypark automatically create a sitemap for any sites you have?

any help would be great thanks??

•••
isnt paying 100$ for why park too high!
well i have no clue abt them

•••
New WP templates. Look pretty good for switching it up.

•••
•••
Hi Craig,

I have been using free parking systems. However, I have recently found good point about whypark - the changing contents and listed in the search engine. I have a question here - what is the chances that the parked domain will be in the top 10-20 of the list of search result of a niche word(s) in a search engine. Do you have any example? DO the search engine know that the domain is just a parked domain, so give some penalty to it.

Cheers,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back