Dynadot

advice Why Does Afternic Keep Sending me the Same Email Regarding Fast Transfer?

NameSilo
Watch
Now that all/most of my domains are listed at Afternic, I keep getting the same email regarding opting into Fast Transfer and telling me to keep an eye out for an email from my Registrar.

Odd thing is most of these are Regged at GoDaddy. So Afternic should know this, right?

Also, I regged these over the past month, except for a few I have had for years, so isnt there some 60 day hold on fast transfer eligibility?

So, why keep sending me the same email? Am I missing something?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This happens to me when i get a domain name that is with someone else and I eventually transfer to Godaddy. Afternic still thinks its with the original registrar.

What I do is remove it from Afternic then add it back, which usually triggers the opt-in email.

•••
Hi Barman,

Yes, that seems to be the situatio. I will try that, but I am almost more confused as to why all my domains that are eligible for Fast Transfer, still say: No/More Info under the Fast Transfer column.

Do I have to wait 60 days?
Do I have to go to my GoDaddy account and turn OFF transfer lock?

All the Afternic email says is: You should be getting an email from your Registrar.

I will try the Remove/ Re add you suggested with one domain and see what happens, but there are no instructions from Afternic about what to do and when?

Thank you!

Last edited:
•••
When you hover over the Fast Transfer info, what's it tell you?

Either way removing and adding them back usually solves this issue for me.

•••
When you hover over the Fast Transfer info, what's it tell you?

Either way removing and adding them back usually solves this issue for me.
It just says In order for domain to be eligble for FT, you must opt in to the program with your registrar. Expect an email from your Registrar....

Two things:
1. GoDaddy IS my Registrar, but email never comes
2. Wouldnt a domain need Transfer Lock to be OFF in order to be fast transferred? There are no instructions regarding this.

Most of my FT eligible domains have been regged over the past 30 days.

Last edited:
•••
Sounds to me like the 60 day lock is your primary issue since domains have been reg’d over past 30 days. I’d suggest adding them back to Afternic after the 60 days and then you should receive the email from Godaddy

•••
Sounds to me like the 60 day lock is your primary issue since domains have been reg’d over past 30 days. I’d suggest adding them back to Afternic after the 60 days and then you should receive the email from Godaddy
That is what I suspected!! Deleting and re adding now isnt doing anything.

One final question:

Do I have to turn Transfer Lock off?? I would think so....

Perhaps after 60 days, I will delete/re add. Hopefully get an email from GD at that time advising what to do.

Thanks!!!

•••
Is Fast Transfer eligible only after 60 days ?

•••
You don't have to turn transfer lock off. I've been getting the same recurring e-mail from them. Not sure why either.. yes FT is only eligible after 60 days

•••
You don't have to turn transfer lock off. I've been getting the same recurring e-mail from them. Not sure why either.. yes FT is only eligible after 60 days
Thanks for this!!!

Only seemed logical that in order for Fast Transfer to be allowed, you would need to turn Transfer Lock OFF.

It's a little scary to me that they could automatically transfer one of my domains via FT with Transfer Lock ON, but ...uh...okay, I gues?? 😁

Lol

•••
It may be the registrars I use, but if I set prices for FT prior to end of 60 day lock, say I do it at day 55, I NEVER get the confirmation email, like even 5 days later when it is at 60. If in that situation best is to delete and relist them to trigger the FT email, although even then it seems to not always come. I really appreciate places like Dynadot where you can activate it without an email.
Bob

•••
Thanks, again Bob!!

I'll watch out for the 60 days and Delete/Re-add then if I don't get the email.

😁

•••
Quick Update.

Received an Auto email fron GoDaddy where this particular domain is regged requesting me to Approve Premium Listing, which I believe is their Fast Transfer service.

Anyway, I aporoved and less than 24 hours later I have my first Afternic listed domain that says: 'Yes' under the Eligible for Fast Transfer service.

This was probably the first one that hit 60 days!

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back