Dynadot

Why .com not .co ?

NameSilo
Watch

bookname

Established Member
Impact
Me and my friend argue about domain TLD, I say .com better than .co, How do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Every ccTLD is shorter than .COM. You could make the same case for .ws or .cc or whatever other extension you want.

1.) More established.
2.) More usage.
3.) More demand.
4.) More value.
5.) Lower carrying cost.

Alright, I am bored listing reasons but there are many more.

Brad
Interesting perspective but 95% of domainers would rather own something such as pet.co or ta.co then pet.com or taco.com

•••
Interesting perspective but 95% of domainers would rather own something such as pet.co or ta.co then pet.com or taco.com

LOL....Dream on.

They would rather own a .co or a domain hack than a multi-million dollar .COM. :xf.rolleyes:

Brad

Last edited:
•••
.com is better.

.co is ccTLd and one has to follow as per the law of that country.
In case, the law change in future and there is some restrictions then one has to follow.

•••

I would rather choose pet.com than pet.co , but I curious Im on the 5% side. I supposedly on the 95% side which I love .com than .co

Last edited:
•••
I would rather choose pet.com than pet.co , but I curious Im on the 5% side. I supposedly on the 95% side which I love .com than .co

That 95% is a number someone pulled out of their ass not grounded in reality at all.

There are not many reasonable people who would take Pet.co or Ta.co over Pet.com or Taco.com.

Why would you choose those .CO options over .COM assets worth millions? It makes no sense.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
•••
But what if the .com is taken. As an investor, can i expect .co might get sale?

I will go with .org if .com is not available!

•••
Because when I address xxx.co will accidentally type xxx.com.

•••
•••
Many here like .com than .co :xf.eek::xf.eek:

•••
The only reason .co even has a market is because it sounds like com but will always be the poor man's .com
It is also fairly easy to sell to end users who don't know much about TLDs and there are tons of .co available for hand reg or wholesale.
Random LLL.co can be had for 50-200 usd that is cheaper than a random LLLL.com
Shorter is only better when you use it as a URL shortener.

if there is a good .net available for hand reg, chances are the .co is always available.

Some people registered thousands of .co during the sale and now want to convince themselves that they are better than .com

•••
.com is out of this world :)

Last edited:
•••
Rare stuffs = expensive and better

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back