NameSilo

.CO or .COM ?

Labeled as discuss in Domain Extensions started by Salman Mandal, Mar 25, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. stub

stub Top Member PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

The problem with that thinking, which is basically factual, is you are lumped together with the rest of the spanish speaking columbian domains. You need LLL or extremely premium domains. Nothing else sells. So you need to convince the worldwide buyers of this strategy. And how do you propose doing that? Posting it on NP, won't cut it.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. nydomain

nydomain The Dude abides

Though I haven’t owned any .co domains, my experience shows how .com is much easier to sell than any of the other extensions assuming you have real, meaningful, quality domains. I have had success with .org as well. And would pick .org/.net after .com due to level of familiarity and adoption. I think those factors play a role when you or potential end users pick the desired “real estate” for your site.

Others may have different experience, but there’s no doubt in my mind about demand, type-in traffic, familiarity. etc. I would stick to very strong domains (preferably category killers) if investing outside the .com. As more sites are built in alternative extensions and adoption increases, .co might get wider demand. So it’s a long term play (over many years) w risk outside .com imo. But it might just pay off!

Best of luck whichever way you go!

Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
  3. monicageller

monicageller Established Member

Go with .com if it is a commercial site or else .co for company.

4. myfavorite

myfavorite Established Member

Com is still king, but a king needs queen etc:xf.grin:

5. getakash1

getakash1 Akash Jain

Both are good but i always prefer .com if it is available.

6. wallet2it

wallet2it OnlineBank.org VIP

Hello,

I would agree with Riz. Unless it's one word English .co, I would not consider. But in general, no comparison at all. .Com all the way! If you can make money with .com already, why investing in something that you might not? Thank you for sharing.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice