NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Anyone getting a bunch of emails from a guy named "Ryan" He's sending emails to the whois contact for a bunch of my domains on BB. He asks if they are for sale, but he already know they are for sale. He doesn't seem like a real buyer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Anyone getting a bunch of emails from a guy named "Ryan" He's sending emails to the whois contact for a bunch of my domains on BB. He asks if they are for sale, but he already know they are for sale. He doesn't seem like a real buyer.
I got an email from this guy today about one of my listed names as well. Nice to have a resource like NP that alerts people :)

•••
I got an email from this guy today about one of my listed names as well. Nice to have a resource like NP that alerts people :)

He is not sending mail to me..I am waiting..

•••
Warning: This user is [email protected].
My guess is-and just a guess-that perhaps this fellow Ryan or his client is looking to open his own site to compete with BB but with limited number but all truly great names. We'll see-obviously from the posts here Ryan is for real.

Interesting theory. Personally, I think he just has a loaded investor trying to swallow up stuff.

•••
Yeah he started spamming my whois 4 days ago, but if this Ryan guy isn't legit I must be dreaming or hallucinating at the money that just hit my bank account. He's the real deal folks.

Last edited:
•••
I have dealt with Ryan on many SUCCESSFUL occasions.

Please do no put his reputation in dispute based on your false assumptions. That is totally unfair on him as I my dealings have been nothing but positive with him.

He is someone you definitely want to work with.

To all the people labelling him a spammer/scammer, shame on you.

•••
My guess is-and just a guess-that perhaps this fellow Ryan or his client is looking to open his own site to compete with BB but with limited number but all truly great names. We'll see-obviously from the posts here Ryan is for real.

Oh its so obvious. A spammer with 2 new ghosts shilling here for him. Oh so obviously, obviously real.

•••
I don't why this being brought up any more. Ryan is the real deal. I closed a deal with him so did others. If anyone thinks he's a spammer the joke is on you.

Thanks Ryan for the money in my bank account.

Let's move on and talk about the bradbucket experience

•••
I don't why this being brought up any more. Ryan is the real deal. I closed a deal with him so did others. If anyone thinks he's a spammer the joke is on you.

Thanks Ryan for the money in my bank account.

Let's move on and talk about the bradbucket experience

Dude Ive no beef with you, but blasting whois is spam plain and simple. It was his choice to spam or not, and the joke is only on me if i let him hustle me into selling him a name at his low offers. Having said that, I congratulate you on a good sale. care to share the name?

•••
I have no beef with you either.

I just thought it was a dead subject.

I just thought we established he was a real buyer. Maybe he has spammed a few if that's what you want to call it. But people can spam me all day with offers as long as there going to back them up.

You may have not got a good deal,
My deal was pretty good.

I think we should move past this now. Or we should start a Ryan experience thread. Lol

•••
I have no beef with you either.

I just thought it was a dead subject.

I just thought we established he was a real buyer. Maybe he has spammed a few if that's what you want to call it. But people can spam me all day with offers as long as there going to back them up.

You may have not got a good deal,
My deal was pretty good.

I think we should move past this now. Or we should start a Ryan experience thread. Lol

anything cogent to brandbucket here would be welcome, agreed. I did no deal, the name is not for sale at this time, good luck to you

•••
Warning: This user is [email protected].
Dude Ive no beef with you, but blasting whois is spam plain and simple. It was his choice to spam or not, and the joke is only on me if i let him hustle me into selling him a name at his low offers. Having said that, I congratulate you on a good sale. care to share the name?

We get it, you don't like money.

*shrugs* Glad Ryan spammed me.

•••
•••
We get it, you don't like money.

*shrugs* Glad Ryan spammed me.
*shrugs* you have 5 messages and 8 likes here, welcome. Surely you are among your friends here. If you want money, then let me know what you have for sale. Just as friendly advice, there's more to life than money, even in domaining.

•••
starting to think i should be spamming this ryan fella.....

i like money...

•••
He is a very real and a good buyer if you can agree on price, nothing suspicious there at all.

•••
I should note that nobody has actually reported a problem with Ryan, but, as always, proceed with caution. He made an interesting and abrupt entrance, but so far so good.

Provided all the transactions work out, I hope this company does something exciting with all their new brandables! It would be nice to see them officially represented on the forums, too.

•••
I have replied to his email but still no response :)

•••
You are lucky he did not reply. My interaction with him has been a 100% ANNOYING WASTE OF TIME. I actually came down and agreed to a price. He then changes his offer and makes a much lower offer. I didn't want those domains anymore so I reluctantly said OK. He then AGAIN says no to his own offer and lowers it even more. I believe 100% some members on here really did get deals done. Some other posts on here I believe are accounts created by him (just my opinion could be wrong). However like I said for me 100% ANNOYING WASTE OF TIME.

•••
You are lucky he did not reply. My interaction with him has been a 100% ANNOYING WASTE OF TIME. I actually came down and agreed to a price. He then changes his offer and makes a much lower offer. I didn't want those domains anymore so I reluctantly said OK. He then AGAIN says no to his own offer and lowers it even more. I believe 100% some members on here really did get deals done. Some other posts on here I believe are accounts created by him (just my opinion could be wrong). However like I said for me 100% ANNOYING WASTE OF TIME.

Good rule of thumb: suspend all negotiations with someone who agrees to a price and then reneges by offering a lower price.

Life is too short to waste on a$$hole$.

•••
Post removed: In hindsight, I don't believe there was any ill intent by anyone. Many people have legitimately vouched for Ryan later in the thread, and I've talked to people privately who have had great experiences. Take any responses to this post with a grain of salt.

Last edited:
•••
My logs suggest you may be onto something. ;) Let's see where it goes. Debating is fine, but's let's try not to turn it into an argument with personal attacks.

Anyone else care to weigh in on the matter? :)
I'll suggest that anyone using the word "cogent" (after this) be banned from NamePros.

•••
There really is no mystery here guys, if you simply use whois you will see exactly who it is Ryan works for. They are good buyers, like there offers or not, they pay. Sold them a name just a few weeks ago.

•••
How many ghost accounts does this guy have.

•••
Edit 2, post removed: In hindsight, I don't believe there was any ill intent by anyone. Many people have legitimately vouched for Ryan later in the thread, and I've talked to people privately who have had great experiences. Take any responses to this post with a grain of salt.

When this post was originally made, there was information in it linking Ryan to other people and companies who are no longer particularly relevant to this thread.

Last edited:
•••
Thanks, Paul. Good research.

BTW, I accidentally hit the dislike button, but I quickly was able to fix it and now like your post.

I hope I was quick enough so that it doesn't count against you.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back