NameSilo
  1. Great news!
    We've decided to go back to our roots: NamePros 2004. We hope you enjoy our old-but-new look!
    Dismiss Notice

WHOIS emails from [email protected]

Located in Warnings and Alerts, started by Shimmy, Aug 17, 2015

Replies:
Views:

1. Shimmy

Shimmy Established Member

Anyone getting a bunch of emails from a guy named "Ryan" He's sending emails to the whois contact for a bunch of my domains on BB. He asks if they are for sale, but he already know they are for sale. He doesn't seem like a real buyer.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. London555

London555 Top Contributor VIP

Hi-this could possibly be the same guy that tried to knock my auction out of service in order to try and buy them cheap with direct emails etc-I'd be very careful and Good luck.

3. trelgor

trelgor Established Member

Yup. I haven't figured out what he really wants. He claims to be a broker.

Could be a competitor to BB trying the waters. Or for those prone to conspiracy: It's BB looking for an excuse to kick sellers out.

4. Shimmy

Okay, so it's not just my domains. Yeah I'm leaning towards a soon to be competitor. When I emailed from one address be was bashing them saying they charge too much commission. When I emailed from another address he was polite about them, but wanted to know if I had other domains for sale

5. trelgor

Maybe Buy Domains or DomainMarket? That would mean serious competition. They have droves of these names and have tried just about every avenue selling them.

6. London555

Just a guess but it's probably simply a matter of time before someone opens a serious site to compete with BB and restricts the names to 2000 or less Premium names that really can be read in one evening by a CEO. Now that would be worth a listing fee.

7. JimJammy

JimJammy Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Yep loads of the past few weeks. In order of domain appearance on the website too so he's working his way through the site.

8. Dominic Belley

Dominic Belley Four Letter Acronyms VIP

I just received an email from him for a domain I have on Namerific.
    Email : [email protected]

9. JimJammy

JimJammy Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Same here Dominic, I'm also getting requests for other domains I own too.

10. Shimmy

He's really getting around. I guess we'll all start getting a lot of spam emails from him in the near future. His whois info is fake. Address is a hotel and fake number. But name may be real "Petra Bauernfeind" has some domain related sites

11. godolphin

godolphin Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Looks like email is from a South Asian acting like a Westerner. May be trying to get the names for real cheap. Just my opinion. I may be wrong!

12. Zoomorific

Zoomorific New Member

This guy is actually legit. He spammed the whois of some of my domains. as well, but I just got done
    doing a 5 figure deal with him on escrow. My guess is he represents a private buyer.

13. Zoomorific

Zoomorific New Member

Yeah he spammed the daylights out of my namerific accounts. Just closed a deal with him though, he's really a buyer.

14. trelgor

Then why does he shun BB listed names? Most of the inquiries seem to be for such names. They are not in the 5 figures. If he has a loaded client that needs BB type names, he would just need to click away at the little red buttons that say "Buy It Now" and make a healthy and effortless profit.

15. Zoomorific

Zoomorific New Member

I just sold him a 411 name portfolio. He didn't want any of the BB stuff, because
    he said he had a relationship with them. I think he's just new. Definitely a real buyer.

16. brandpluck

brandpluck Established Member

I have also done some deals with him. Definitely a real buyer. All transactions done on escrow.com and went smoothly.

17. Shimmy

Thank you for letting me know he is legit. So, by my calculations of what you said he's a buyer looking to get domains at about $35 per domain ?

18. Zoltan P.

Zoltan P. Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

He sent me a few emails as well and wanted to buy one of my name for $890....it is listed on BB for $2400.

I just sent him a list of brandables let's see what happens.

19. London555

Are you guys talking about this Ryan fellow? TY

20. Dominic Belley

Dominic Belley Four Letter Acronyms VIP

He contacted me for a name I have on Nameric and I redirected him to my website to look at my brandables. We'll see.

21. Rizki

Rizki Top Contributor VIP

Please tell him to look at my site (on my signature) too :D

22. imadoer

imadoer Top Member PRO VIP

I'm currently in escrow with Ryan for xxxx
    Take him seriously and not as a spammer!!

23. Zoomorific

Zoomorific New Member

Yep, I just did another deal with him.

24. Zoltan P.

Zoltan P. Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

How did you determine the price for the lot? Thanks.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2015
  25. London555

My guess is-and just a guess-that perhaps this fellow Ryan or his client is looking to open his own site to compete with BB but with limited number but all truly great names. We'll see-obviously from the posts here Ryan is for real.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice