Dynadot
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Anyone getting a bunch of emails from a guy named "Ryan" He's sending emails to the whois contact for a bunch of my domains on BB. He asks if they are for sale, but he already know they are for sale. He doesn't seem like a real buyer.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Sorry for calling accounts ghosts, but when a "guy" says he does multiple deals with himself. And the guy says he's a broker, but I never met a broker that tries to be anonymous, they usually have public profiles to build relationships. When this "broker" who has a whois address of a Hotel creates a fake username I stop believing everything. I don't believe their real name is Ryan, I don't believe half of the people that said they made deals. I believe the other half. But allowing people like this to stay of the forum makes me stop trusting other people in the forum. Sorry. I just no longer know who is real and who is the same person.

•••
You guys are funny, they are real, like their approach or not the company is real, vast holdings and vast industries. At the end of the day take their offer or leave it, no one is playing a game, the price is the price even if I got an email from Kermit the frog if he pays who cares.

•••
no one is playing a game
So you don't think someone creating fake accounts and pretending to have large multiple deals with themselves is not playing a game?

•••
I was unaware he did that.

•••
I was unaware he did that.

That he definitely did do, but he also appears to be conducting legitimate business. He is representing what seems to be an otherwise reputable company.

What you make of this situation is up to you. Personally, I'd be uneasy about doing business with such a company, but I'd still give it a cautious attempt. If he came forward and represented himself (or someone else from the company did), I'd probably just consider this a hiccup and move on.

Last edited:
•••
Well it is unbecoming, very true. I do stand by the fact they do pay, used escrow and deal was completed in 2 days once a price agreed.

•••
Although the Whois information is unfortunately mysterious, I can vouch that the money is real. I had the same concerns as all of you, but since then have done 5 figure deals with Ryan. All done through Escrow.com and all money received promptly.

Hope that clarifies this matter for some.

•••
I reported a completed Escrow deal with Ryan in the previous thread so just wanted to reiterate and add it to the growing list here. Regardless of the tactics that provoked this discussion, there's enough reputable Namepros members with positive stories to warrant taking his offers seriously.

Although the identity trail is a little confusing (I was certainly as skeptical as everyone else at the start) there's nothing being concealed. Everything you need to know is public and visible. Of course there's nothing wrong with being cautious, but if you use Escrow for peace of mind ultimately this is a real buyer with real backing.

Bizarrely I think I actually had a @bigfoot.net email address some 10 - 15 years ago. Funny how it works out.

Last edited:
•••
there's nothing being concealed..
Again, So when someone is creating fake accounts and pretending to have large multiple deals with themselves in your opinion they aren't concealing anything? Those are your normal business practices for you right? Screw ethics, only money matters right?

•••
Hi all!

I haven't read the in's and out's of this thread. I can however report thay Ryan seems to be a buyer as good as any. Fast responses, swift transactions.

100+ names waiting to transfer and Escrow secured funds a while ago.

We have not agreed on publication of sales numbers so that better wait.

•••
Again, So when someone is creating fake accounts and pretending to have large multiple deals with themselves in your opinion they aren't concealing anything? Those are your normal business practices for you right? Screw ethics, only money matters right?

I wasn't commenting on what happened here on Namepros. Just observing that the information you can retrieve publicly about the buyer via WHOIS and Google is everything you need to know.

•••
So you think the buyer whois is real? You really believe this "guy/girl" who responds from Japan lives in a hotel in California?

•••
I think most domainers on this forum would have been guilty of approaching a domain owner from a Gmail account to conceal their knowledge of the industry and give themselves a chance of a cheap deal.

At the end of the day if you're not comfortable with the information on offer then I would always support caution. I'm just trying to lay down my personal experience so the community here can make their own mind up.

•••
I responded about the whois is search, because a second ago YOU said a whois search would show you who they really were.

This thread is very good for showing the ethics of other members. Fake accounts, fake sales reports. Those are all good normal business practices. Anything that makes a buck.

•••
Ok, this witchhunt and conspiracy theories are becoming comical. Why are people still talking about this issue? Like ten people have (including myself) already come forward and CONFIRMED Ryan's validity as a REAL BUYER.

The guy seems to have bags of cash and understandably wants a little anonymity. I guess some people have nothing better to do than go on a witchhunt and stir up trouble on the interwebs..

/facepalm.

•••
this is not conspiracy theories. people are talking about it because new FACTS came out YESTERDAY., Why do you feel the need to judge what people talk about? why are you the one just repeating what already has been said? Yes major /facepalm

•••
FACT NO1 RYAN IS A GREAT GUY

FACT NO2 RYAN BUYS DOMAINS

FACT NO3 HE IS REAL.

FACT NO 4 I DONE 2 DEALS WITH HIM

FACT NO 5 YOU GUYS WHO DON'T BELIVE ARE IDIOTS.

FACT NO 6 I'M WORKING ON MY 3RD XXXX DEAL RIGHT

HAVE A NICE DAY GUYS.

•••
FACT NO1 RYAN IS A GREAT GUY

FACT NO2 RYAN BUYS DOMAINS

FACT NO3 HE IS REAL.

FACT NO 4 I DONE 2 DEALS WITH HIM

FACT NO 5 YOU GUYS WHO DON'T BELIVE ARE IDIOTS.

FACT NO 6 I'M WORKING ON MY 3RD XXXX DEAL RIGHT

HAVE A NICE DAY GUYS.

I don't think anyone is doubting that he's real. Just questioning something that happened here.

Last edited:
•••
Yep those are all facts, I'll add some more

FACT NO 7 MONEY IS NOT EVERYTHING

FACT NO 8 HE DID CREATE AN ACCOUNT AND PRETEND TO BE A BUYER OF HIMSELF

FACT NO 9 HE DID LIST MULTIPLE FALSE SALES REPORTS

FACT NO 10 IF SOMEONE DOESN'T LIKE GIVING BUSINESS TO UNETHICAL PEOPLE THAT IS THEIR PREROGATIVE, IF OTHERS DON'T CARE ABOUT ETHICS THAT IS ALSO THEIR PREROGATIVE

FACT NO 11 HE DOES RE-NEG ON DEALS

FACT NO 12 THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH HAVING A DISCUSSION AND VOICING OPINIONS

•••
Really he created a account to be some else that's a fact you know this for sure?

Just because of the who is info.

Your 100%sure of that right?

•••
100% SURE. Read Paul's Report. He's an admin, he's not going to post false info

•••
Good rule of thumb: suspend all negotiations with someone who agrees to a price and then reneges by offering a lower price.

Life is too short to waste on a$$hole$.

This is so true. I've only been here a short time and already had this happen to me.

•••
In business money i s everything and everything is negotiable. We don't do it for charity. If there is room to renegotiate then by all means renegotiate.

False pretense is everywhere. I mostly respect the reasons behind it. If you feel that is hard to stomach, don't do the deal.

Ethics in business are really just a means to make more money. Rules of conduct to further business relations and position yourself.

Alas bad ethics can be bad business. A too strict notion of what is good and bad can be aswell.

Forgive and forget and move on.

IMHO

•••
This is just another 'bogus broker' hiding behind an alternative alias so you can't find what the company is.

However, I have a deal pending sale in Escrow, so will see how it pans out.

•••
100% SURE. Read Paul's Report. He's an admin, he's not going to post false info

Well I could care less who they are but they have a real check book.

He didn't re-nig on my deals.

So I don't have the same experience.

I made 2 deals and they both went through no negotiations. So I don't know what took place with anyone else.

I've had a positive experience dealing with him.

I see nothing wrong with a buyer who isng sellers of domains ..especially if he's going to spend money. People wait all year for a inbound inquiry

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back