IT.COM

sales Afternic Lead Center/ alerts / rep follow up

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
I stumbled into leadcenter through my dashboard on Afternic recently and realized if I click here and there I can find the "brokered lead" activity - that I previously had no idea about.

Inside it showed a whole bunch of interest over the last year that I had no idea about - ie, no emails that I saw or phone calls from anyone "hey can you get us a price".

My questions are - if someone inquires about a name - do I always get a notification? And have you ever seen Afternic reps not follow up on things / alert you if there is interest?

One domain in particular is probably 95% junk leads - but the others are likely legit.

I'm moving most of my lower tier names to BIN to avoid this, but curious if this is unique....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
not unique, they'll reach out to you if prospects make and confirm an offer

•••
not unique, they'll reach out to you if prospects make and confirm an offer
Good to know. On the flip side - do you think they always really try?

•••
•••
Hi @gmac17
Thanks for your questions. The Lead Center is something Afternic launched in 2023 - it provides a new level of visibility to inbound leads at Afternic.

Leads displayed in the lead center typically come through Request Price landers. If you have a Buy Now and a Floor price listed, Afternic's brokers will work the leads using the price range set in the Buy Now and Floor price fields. Our brokers will reach out on important milestones in the negotiation.

If your domain is unpriced, Afternic will send over a Price Request email to you.

Afternic doesn't send out alerts when each new lead is added to the Lead Center where Afternic's brokers begin working them. There is no action for sellers to take until brokers communicate with you via email.

•••
I stumbled into leadcenter through my dashboard on Afternic recently and realized if I click here and there I can find the "brokered lead" activity - that I previously had no idea about.

Inside it showed a whole bunch of interest over the last year that I had no idea about - ie, no emails that I saw or phone calls from anyone "hey can you get us a price".

My questions are - if someone inquires about a name - do I always get a notification? And have you ever seen Afternic reps not follow up on things / alert you if there is interest?

One domain in particular is probably 95% junk leads - but the others are likely legit.

I'm moving most of my lower tier names to BIN to avoid this, but curious if this is unique....
Most of the offers I get through afternic are good. I have the buy-it-now and minimum offers for each.

•••
•••
Probably because 99% of leads go nowhere?

AN agents must have a lot of patience chasing those leads over time 😂

Last edited:
•••
THANK YOU for this thread. I just found a few of mine that i'd dropped

It's definitely a real thing. Because my recent 2 sales show up here (as leads). So this is very telling info. I wish i didn't drop some of these domains but whatever.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back