NameSilo

Who should I park with?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Who should I park my 85 DNs with?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Sedo

votes
    22.1%
  • Namedrive

votes
    36.0%
  • Fabulous

votes
    15.1%
  • Other...

votes
    26.7%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

GreenGambler

I Collect SilverVIP Member
Impact
I have 85 DNs parked with Sedo.

They get about 500 unique views a month all together and I am only making like maybe .50/month in parking revenue. I do have all of my keywords and catagories set but it seems like it should be a bit more.

Do I need to switch to another parking company?
Who is better for my situation?

Sedo
Fabulous
NameDrive

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Other - UrbanData.

I have 5 domains parked here, and it is far more worthwhile than when I had them parked at SEDO. They offer 80% PPC on their parked pages, and they have the nicest looking pages IMO. Also, the owner (UD) is an active member here - and I was actually able to speak with her for many hours last night in the chat. Very nice person, great website, I highly recommend it. :)

•••
move them all to namedrive for a month test and then move them all to parked, active audience, fabulous, etc... for a month test as well to see where each of them do the best, sedo is great for selling domains but you can find higher parking income at other places, all 85 of them probably won't do the best all parked at 1 location.

•••
one vote for trafficclub.com

•••
•••
•••
I will check out UrbanData.com. I hadn't considered that one before.

Also I never thought about parking w/ different companies for a month at a time to test stats.

Is your first whole month of parking usually a good indicator? I was under the impression that the revenue increased over time with more exposure.. but I'm not sure.

thanks for the comments.

•••
a longer test 2-3 months is better yes, but depending on how many places you wish to test I think you should get some kind of feel if things are going good after 1 month as if you are trying to test 5+ places a 3 month test will put you above 1+ years in testing mode, I think 1 month is the bare minimum to get an accurate feel for a program.

•••
Also consider minisite development =)

•••
namedrive for me has proved better than using sedo for parking.

•••
•••
looks like urbandata is getting a lot of vote.. shud try it out someday

•••
I used Sedo, but recently switched a few domains to NameDrive. ND has better parked pages IMO, but I'm honestly not seeing much of a difference as far as clicks go. I have one domain thats related to country music and gets direct type-ins (and it's a .net), yet no matter where I put it, I get no click throughs :(

•••
I am happy with NameDrive

•••
I just moved them all to ND but are still listed for sale on Sedo and elswhere.

Thanks all, well see what happens in a month:)

•••
Lame self promotion I know but when in Rome..... Eh Chelsie..? :)

check my sig below ... :)

•••
1plus.net and Namedrive. For any of you who have not tried 1plus.net, I highly recommend you give it a try.

•••
i too have the same problem.my name also doest earn
eg - www.twt5.com gets more than 70 uniques monthly.but doesnt get even a single click
also i dont know how to optimize on sedo or namedrive

•••
i have mine parked at sedo, always get paid on time...but watch out for selling on their site though

•••
After hearing some folks' testimonials I decided just today to move my domains parked at Sedo over to Namedrive that had gotten some PPC revenue over the past month. We'll see how it goes -- plan on keeping them there for a month to evaluate.

I'll say at the outset that I very much liked being able to select different layouts for the parking pages, and really liked being able to customize keywords instantly.

The only thing I don't really like about Namedrive's parking pages -- and this is actually sort of a big one -- is that they don't explicitly say "this domain is for sale for $xxxx" like Sedo's do. I think a lot of domain sales are probably generated from people going to a domain and noticing it's for sale, so this concerns me a bit about Namedrive.

In the end, I'm looking to sell these puppies, making income off them in the meantime is icing.

ripley.

•••
I too was concerned about NDs pages not saying "for sale". That too could be good or bad, w/o the "For sale" some people may actually think they are on a website, encouraging more clicks:)

But I think all the benifits of ND outwiegh that, IMO.

I've been there for 3 days now and have noticed a great difference in my traffic and clicks..... in just 3 days. Maybe they were just 3 good days, I will update this thread in a month and let you all know how much better or worse ND has worked for me.

Cheers all!

•••
Since I'm in an experimenting mood (and since Fabulous approved my portfolio :) ), last night I took my gambling domains off Sedo and parked them at Fabulous. Curious to see how they'll do.

I love Fabulous' highly customizeable interfaces, it's clear why they do better with gambling domains -- customized parking pages.

No traffic yet, but we'll see. Have gotten a few clickthrus at Namedrive but have also lost a few. Jury's still out, I'm planning on leaving them there for a month.

ripley.

•••
I have found Fabulous to be the best parking if you can target your traffic... which means the visitor finds links they are looking for on the parked page.

Fabulous offers many options as far as "premimum parking" (which I belive is google ads) and "roar links". Roar links work best for gambling and have the highest pay outs.

If you have names that have different meanings and not targetable such as (4 or 5 letter acronyms) you have to experiment with diff. parking programs. In this situation I used Domain Sponsor because the pages self optimize and then you can get some idea what people are searching for or what links they were intending to find. On Domain Sponsor, if the visitor types in a "search word" or "phrase" then the word or phrase will appear as a popular category.

•••
Thanks alot guys, rep added:) I will stick with ND for a while. But Fabulous sounds tempting. For my LLLL.coms I usually just put a search engine up for the parked page, unless I know a theme for the 4ldn.

•••
My only gripe with Fabulous is that they don't explain the different parking options very well (or maybe I'm just blind and haven't seen where they're explained). For instance, I couldn't figure out what the heck ROAR was for. So thanks to Danielr for the quick explainer, rep added!

ripley.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back