Dynadot

question Who is buying up Ripples & Ripple Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
So with Ripples becoming the second biggest crypto currency....

WHO IS BUYING UP RIPPLES AND RIPPLE DOMAINS?

Personally I did not even know about Ripple until @Silentptnr posted an obscure domain purchase.

I think this one has the opportunity to hit it big, especially with the financial system behind it.

I bought a few myself yesterday, hopefully they will turn BitCoinesque in 2018

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
This is a little bit of a different topic

I purchased two ripple domains last night, anyone else doing that?

•••
^ Be careful w trademarks on those though.

•••
I registered them for use in Canada

RippleX - as in Ripple Exchange

RippleTrust - a currency you can trust

•••
I haven't checked but think there may be issues with TM. GL

•••
I can't see them going after trademark in this case because they want places to re-sell Ripple and also offer exchange. No different from Bitcoin or currency exchanges. It is to their advantage to get as many people as possible on board. Similar domains for Bitcoin have millions of registrations and I cannot see ripple going any different.

Lots of money has changed hands on Bitcoin domains, this time I prefer to own a few before the market for them is gone.

•••
Ripple keyword has been around long before Ripple Labs, which is what they go by, ripple cut potato chips, the ripple effect etc... I don't think your going to get much of a return from .ca versions

•••
•••
The brand policy says:

UNAUTHORIZED USE OF RIPPLE BRAND ASSETS

1. No Registration or Domain Name: You may not register, in whole or in part, as a trademark, domain name or otherwise any Ripple Brand Asset or an alteration or derivative thereof. You may not use an identical or virtually identical Ripple trademark, in whole or in part, as a second level domain name.

•••
HeHe

I think I'll take my chances on this one, they will go after the millions of .com registries before they ever consider my measly little .ca's :xf.laugh:

•••
@MapleDots I would focus on general keywords like coin, crypto (...)
In my opinion the risk is higher than the potential profit if you risk trademark violations.

•••
XRP is the "currency" and Ripple is the company and the network. Two different things from what I am gathering.
As soon as American Express jumped into bed with them a few months ago I thought RippleExpress and other variations would be great but the TM deal kept me away. I check off and on and there still some available but I ain't gonna do it.

Ripple.jpg

Last edited:
•••
Well, I picked mine up on sale for 2 bucks each, if they are not gone next year then they can drop. If I get lucky..... well.... I guess anything over 2 bucks is profit :giggle:

•••
•••
i guess it really comes down to use if the name is widely used

•••
i only own one ripple name:
XRP.nyc

•••
•••
•••
Well if they even waste a stamp notifying me they can have my two .ca's :facepalm:

I think our stamps up here are getting pretty pricey. No use going over my two dollar registration fee.

I'm not that proud.

•••
Well if they even waste a stamp notifying me they can have my two .ca's :facepalm:

I think our stamps up here are getting pretty pricey. No use going over my two dollar registration fee.

I'm not that proud.
Would be international postage, with envelope, and handling cost they are getting up there.

•••
23003RipplesOriginals.jpg

HaHa.... yup

Besides RippleTrust.ca and RippleX.ca could stand for a lot of things. If it costs more than a bag of ripples chips then they are welcome to it. :smug:

Last edited:
•••
not to poop on anyone party, but i want to make the point that tm people are more likely to pay attention to domain keyword(s) than the extension.. meaning for instance that they'd probably go after say ripple.us ...before something like buysellripple.com...

either way, its always better to avoid problems than deal with them

cheers

•••
Did you actually read some of the cases, one of them they actually copied parts of their website etc...

No, I did not. I just read ripple+some keywords (trade, future, network, wallet). Keywords related to their crypto currency. I don't say someone can't sell ripple+keyword for xx,xxx. By posting that link, I just wanted to show that they really care and hunt such domains. And they take legal actions.

•••
Just noticed beside the old dutch the windmill even looks like an x
not to poop on anyone party, but i want to make the point that tm people are more likely to pay attention to domain keyword(s) than the extension.. meaning for instance that they'd probably go after say ripple.us ...before something like buysellripple.com...

either way, its always better to avoid problems than deal with them

cheers

RippleChips.com

Double meaning - could not resist.... had to register

Picture0006.png

Add Ripple & Chips

Could mean either or depending on application, both are legit.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back