IT.COM

question Who is buying up Ripples & Ripple Domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

MapleDots

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
So with Ripples becoming the second biggest crypto currency....

WHO IS BUYING UP RIPPLES AND RIPPLE DOMAINS?

Personally I did not even know about Ripple until @Silentptnr posted an obscure domain purchase.

I think this one has the opportunity to hit it big, especially with the financial system behind it.

I bought a few myself yesterday, hopefully they will turn BitCoinesque in 2018

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just noticed beside the old dutch the windmill even looks like an x

RippleChips.com

Double meaning - could not resist.... had to register

Show attachment 76775

Add Ripple & Chips

Could mean either or depending on application, both are legit.
Don't forget the DIP

Word Mark DIP
Goods and Services
IC 008. US 023 028 044. G & S: Disposable spoons, forks, knives, serving utensils made of plastic; manual can openers; kitchen shears; non-electric pizza cutters; non-electric cheese slicers; non-electric egg slicers; non-electric apple slicers; non-electric vegetable and fruit peelers

•••
I picked up xrpal.com for double meaning XR or XRP (pal) .

•••
Don't forget the DIP

Word Mark DIP
Goods and Services
IC 008. US 023 028 044. G & S: Disposable spoons, forks, knives, serving utensils made of plastic; manual can openers; kitchen shears; non-electric pizza cutters; non-electric cheese slicers; non-electric egg slicers; non-electric apple slicers; non-electric vegetable and fruit peelers

Hey..... you could almost insinuate double meaning there. (n)

You would not by any chance be calling me a name would you? :shifty:

Pretty sneaky :sneaky: :sneaky:

You will not be on my list of charitable contributions when I sell the domain for a million, but I will set you up with a lifetime supply of artery hardening ripple chips. :xf.laugh::ROFL::xf.laugh::ROFL::xf.laugh::ROFL:

•••
•••
Well I'm taking my chances on this ripple ish.
I noticed buyripple.com is very much active since you buy ripple there.
I believe ripple will go against ripple websites not domains that use their products in bad faith. If ripple wants to keep growing its people around the world that would make that possible. Come to think of it you can't even buy Ripple/XRP from them directly its stated on their website.

I got Ex//Xrp//com

•••
In most cases holding "questionable" domains isn't necessarily illegal .. but using the domain in any way in relation to a product or trademark most definitely is infringing on Trademark laws. So you can't even park the pages if the advertising will be related to the product in any way.

#Reference
@Ategy.com
Changed person to product

•••
Why was I tagged here? lol

Anyhow .. I'm not a TM lawyer .. and I don't really know much about Ripple .. so I can't really say much specifically to Ripple .. but in general .. yes .. holding the name is usually fine **IF** it is generic enough .. **AND** you are not using any reference to an active trademark (whether registered or not).

Bitcoin is a special beast because as far as I know, nobody really owns the term .. the person who invented bitcoin seems to have fallen off the map.

If Ripple is another coin .. but invented by a person or company that is actively using the name .. then yes .. depending on a lot of specifics .. you could be infringing on trademarks if using Ripple in reference to anything Crypto .. and more certainly if you're using it in reference to their product.

Now it could be something they are fine with if it helps them grow.

Again however .. I just don't know anything about the specifics of Ripple .. so I really can't even guess as to whether it's ok or not to use "Ripple" in the context of crypto/tech.

It's also very important to note that even if you are not using the domain .. a UDRP decision *COULD POSSIBLY* still be made against you if it is the *OPINION* of the UDRP panel that you are holding the domain in bad faith. From my understanding this isn't what's supposed to happen .. but it most certainly does happen sometimes. That's why for the most part if you need to think twice about something .. it's safer to stay away .. particularly if you bought it intending to sell it for a larger profit.

•••
jumping in on this - where is a good place to buy xrp and can you buy with GBP?

•••
Guys could someone help me out and tell me where you sore ripples?
Jaxx? Exodus?
Thanks

•••
•••
Something odd

I get about 2-3 offers a week on RippleChips and they always come from the same gmail account. It started at $25.22 and I responded back that I am not interested in selling right now because I want to see how this whole ripple thing pans out.

Anyways what is odd about this is that its always in a weird amount, next offer 29.26 then 34.84 etc.
It's been going on for weeks and I just started to ignore it but recently the offer went to $492.92 and that is starting to become good money.

I asked the person to identify himself and he said he will when I accept his offer. I was thinking of hitting spam but the offers are going up. I finally responded back last night and said I would send him to spam if he keeps sending me emails under 1k.

I think I may let him have it when he hits 1k because it was a straight hand reg for me and I have virtually nothing invested in it.

It's just so odd because I have never advertised this domain other than discussing it in this topic.

Maybe it's just a forum member playing a joke or something :xf.laugh:

If it is a forum member please send me a pm and stop all the games, I hate crap like this :wtf:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back