IT.COM

question Who is the Guy buying all Driverless, Selfdriving & Selfdrive Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Together4Forever

Top Member
Impact
Who so ever is in driverless or self driving niche knows or have heard of talks of Sean buying all domains possible in this Niche.

Once the purchase is finalised the domain is actually bought by:

[email protected]

Who owns RaiseAwareness.com, I feel this is an alias for a Top Industry Domainer.

Can anyone crack the puzzle who this is?????

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Its the only way to go, if you research enough, you can tell what will be used, the same tactic works with other niches all the time. Its like VR, there a lot of other terms being thrown around Virtu, Virt, Virtuality, VRX, vKeyword etc etc, in the end, there is always one major terms that kicks ass, and the others fade away or dribble in with a few lower sales here and there.

Why pay decent money for all these names with various terms and then you sell one for $5k or $10k and your profit is only $500 when you deduct all your renewals from the other names.

I agree when we are talking about big buys , but when you buy early/cheap , you better spread it around some terms . if you throw enough mud , some will stick ;)

•••
I agree when we are talking about big buys , but when you buy early/cheap , you better spread it around some terms . if you throw enough mud , some will stick ;)

True, but this happens all the time on NP and other domain forums, where people have spent $5k or 10k on average quality .com names (mainly because the good ones were taken) or .us or .info names, it would have been better spent on 2 .com names, or good .co.uk or .de names

Its fine getting names using the different terms (driverless, autonomous, selfdriving) but you have to get at least decent names in all 3 and get names you can sell cheaply if you can sell to end-users

•••

Agree, if you reg'd a sensible amount of domains across the mentioned keywords you are probably clever in the fact that you have diversified you're portfolio. But spending $5k + for each domain in each of these niches makes it an higher risk stake.

Obviously he's probably bought some great keywords so the potential to make a good ROI is still potentially there.

From the research I have done, my bet would be the self-driving word is picking up the most traction. It gets used now in most articles, experts in the industry are using the term mostly and big companies like google branded their cars they have been testing "self-driving".

Obviously we don't know for sure which term will go public but if I was spending $x,xxx range I would be going selfdriving route myself.

autonomous is a techie kind of word to describe the technology.

driverless sounds dangerous, telsa was recently ordered to drop the term autopilot for similar reasons. To say a vehicle is driverless indicates there cannot be any sort of human manual intervention, which from a safety aspect, I cannot see industry watchdogs passing such a term.

self-driving is what these vehicles are designed to achieve. No word really prohibiting manual intervention, so a safer keyword compared to driverless.

JMO though.

Last edited:
•••
Here is the deal he has partners for sure as he has mentioned this to me. Real estate has checkout out these guys were doing it over a decade and still are. They see an opportunity and yes his listing is specific. They are just investing in an opportunity and know what they want. Hence why google search results means very little to them because there going by gut and what people would want in general down the road.

By no means are the new to buying and selling for profit that's for sure.

•••
be mindful of what terms are being used...i.e. State of California Department of Motor Vehicles @

Trending -
Autonomous Vehicles

Cheers
Corey

•••
Wheres all the sales for these Ive checked namebio

Autonomousvehicles was in 2014 1.9K usd
seasonalselfdrive.com 117 USD 2015-03-20 GoDaddy
driverlessautomobile.com 1,100 USD 2016-10-24 BuyDomains
driverlessmotors.com 120 USD 2016-05-22 Flippa

Nothing much else.

So for him to be buying all those means he knows something the rest of us dont.
So the question becomes what scraps are we left with lol.

•••
Just hope that those mud that does stick is money B-)

•••
•••
•••
I have talked with Sean many times on a few of my Autonomous domains.
Also a few other members here have dealt with him, some have sold to him and some have not.
I have not.

I almost sold way too cheap to them ($12k) but I said no.
Sean's not a bad guy, he is just trying to get good deals on great names.
I cant blame them, I would be doing the same if I had the money they have to invest.
$12k is nice, but I will wait for $50k ;)
What's name are we talking about $50k?

•••
Wheres all the sales for these Ive checked namebio

Autonomousvehicles was in 2014 1.9K usd
seasonalselfdrive.com 117 USD 2015-03-20 GoDaddy
driverlessautomobile.com 1,100 USD 2016-10-24 BuyDomains
driverlessmotors.com 120 USD 2016-05-22 Flippa

Nothing much else.

So for him to be buying all those means he knows something the rest of us dont.
So the question becomes what scraps are we left with lol.

Most of the purchases are not reported on namebio.

Put it this way, 1.9k was cheap compared to some of the domains that have been sold or offers that have been received in this niche.

There have been $xx,xxx range offers that I know of.

•••
Well yes and no. reports show mainly shipping, raided and carpool fleets will dominate this market well before people everyday

•••
Fed and State gov seems aggressively favor for this technology?
One thing they should include is educate driverless drivers. And perhaps a sign of communication that said this is a self driving car= road safety communication.

Last edited:
•••
Wonder what's going to happen to gas guzzlers.
By the time I can buy a plymouth barracuda or a boss mustang with all my brilliant domains that made me a fortune, the friggin happy clappy brigade will be out, guilt tripping me to self drive :laugh:

•••
Wonder what's going to happen to gas guzzlers.
By the time I can buy a plymouth barracuda or a boss mustang with all my brilliant domains that made me a fortune, the friggin happy clappy brigade will be out, guilt tripping me to self drive :laugh:
You go BOY! :-D

•••
Truth is I was just about to sell some domains to this guy, really due to an accident.

A lower offer than I was willing to take was sent direct by Escrow, I was just viewing the details on my mobile whilst at work (trying to do two things at once) and must have somehow accidently pressed on accept transaction.

I was gutted, he said he would go to the bank monday (tomorrow) to sort out the wire.

I was just going to bite my lip and go ahead with the transaction to keep a good business relationship but then thought this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity and I could look back always regretting my mistake.

The offer worked out just over $400 per domain, and I have an agreement with a partner for these domains and they would not have been happy with the accident I had made.

I built up the balls, looked into it and established that an escrow transaction could be cancelled by either party before funds have been sent. I sent email to Escrow to cancel the transaction and sent an apology email to Sean.

This is definitely not the way I would normally do business and I apologise to sean all heartedly. I would usually go through with the transaction but because this could potentially be the biggest mistake I could have made in my domaining life I had to make the tough decision. I hope Sean understands, made a huge mistake.

I did say I would not accept under $5000 so I am sure he can see this was a genuine mistake.

Last edited:
•••
Well yes and no. reports show mainly shipping, raided and carpool fleets will dominate this market well before people everyday
I think I agree with you in some degree of importance used of this specific technology. Transit; like trucks, busess and other big transportations. Some big trucks drivers works long hours and they do fall asleep while driving...

•••
. Even if it happens, you need to identify which term will be commonly used , will it be "driverless", will it be "self driving" or will it be automomous"..it certainly wont be all 3.

I'd put my money on a really short, sweet term: car.

Or maybe auto.

Ultimately almost all vehicles will be driverless - only during the transiton period do you need to refer to this.

•••

Or maybe auto.

Ultimately almost all vehicles will be driverless - only during the transiton period do you need to refer to this.

Truth is though probably for a 5-10 year period it does give companies a great branding opportunity to set themselves up in that market.

Like you say it will be a transition period. Due to the cost saving aspect members of the public might start off searching for a specific term i,e self-driving taxi.

Certain companies would see exact match domains and branding of their company a great way to set themselves apart from the competition.

Last edited:
•••
Truth is I was just about to sell some domains to this guy, really due to an accident.

A lower offer than I was willing to take was sent direct by Escrow, I was just viewing the details on my mobile whilst at work (trying to do two things at once) and must have somehow accidently pressed on accept transaction.

I was gutted, he said he would go to the bank monday (tomorrow) to sort out the wire.

I was just going to bite my lip and go ahead with the transaction to keep a good business relationship but then thought this could be a once in a lifetime opportunity and I could look back always regretting my mistake.

The offer worked out just over $400 per domain, and I have an agreement with a partner for these domains and they would not have been happy with the accident I had made.

I built up the balls, looked into it and established that an escrow transaction could be cancelled by either party before funds have been sent. I sent email to Escrow to cancel the transaction and sent an apology email to Sean.

This is definitely not the way I would normally do business and I apologise to sean all heartedly. I would usually go through with the transaction but because this could potentially be the biggest mistake I could have made in my domaining life I had to make the tough decision. I hope Sean understands, made a huge mistake.

I did say I would not accept under $5000 so I am sure he can see this was a genuine mistake.
Is he Chinese?

•••

Or maybe auto.

Via driverless ...

•••
When gov start allowing such changes of this and that, this when revenues start pouring.

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back