Dynadot

advice Which extension if .com is not available?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

gtldomainer

Top Member
Impact
I'm looking to hand-register few domains. Since .COM is not available, I'm looking to go for other TLD.

What other TLD would you recommend if .COM is not available? .NET, .CO, .XYZ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
for sale purposes? .com only
for business purposes .com or your cctld

If I had a gun to my head I would pick .net

•••
@MasterOfMyDomains Thanks for the advice. yes, its for resale purpose after few years. Don't really see single good .COM available today although some other tld's are still available.

•••
I'm looking to hand-register few domains. Since .COM is not available, I'm looking to go for other TLD.

What other TLD would you recommend if .COM is not available? .NET, .CO, .XYZ?[/QUOTE

Like the answer to most things in life, "it depends". I've started and owned a lot of businesses over the years, and I've discovered many of the new nTLD's can be a perfect fit for some where the .com isn't available. Take for example, I started a business in the 90's called Contact USA, and I owned the domain ContactUSA.com. At one time the business had a couple hundred employees, but it eventually folded. Sadly I didn't hold on to the name because someone owns it today? When you attempt to access it, all you get is an American Flag and nothing else on your screen. So learning about nTLD's like I have, the name ContactUSA.today would be a perfect fit. How so you might ask? The extension .today represents the here and now, and .com really doesn't represent anything. I compare some of the nTLD's like putting an emoji at the end of a sentence instead of a period:xf.wink: Get it?

I've hand registered over 500 nTLD's based on my experience in the business world and in life. It sort of comes naturally to me, but then again my name is Bulloney:xf.grin:

Bulloney

•••
•••

What other TLD would you recommend if .COM is not available? .NET, .CO, .XYZ?

If your use is for business then it doesn't matter which extension as long as you have a valid product or service.

•••
Just what I was looking for:

•••
If your use is for business then it doesn't matter which extension as long as you have a valid product or service.

and i'm running for this....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back