Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

discuss .tech, .technology or .io for tech blogs

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

0frills

Established Member
Impact
40
I am thinking of starting a tech blog and the keyword I am looking for is not available in .com, .net or .in. Which would be the next best tech tld advisable for it... .tech, .technology, .io or any other suggestions?
 
1
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Unless you're planning to sell domains, a domain extension is not important.
 
0
•••
I am thinking of starting a tech blog and the keyword I am looking for is not available in .com, .net or .in. Which would be the next best tech tld advisable for it... .tech, .technology, .io or any other suggestions?
I will go with .io.
 
1
•••
Unless you're planning to sell domains, a domain extension is not important.

I know gone are the days when people would consider a .com as the obvious one (still remember when in the internet explorer days, hitting a ctrl+enter would append .com to the keyword typed in the address bar).

However, I still feel some extensions do make a difference. For example, a webhosting.life may not make much sense, although it may be one of the cheapest extention to register.
 
0
•••
I know gone are the days when people would consider a .com as the obvious one (still remember when in the internet explorer days, hitting a ctrl+enter would append .com to the keyword typed in the address bar).

However, I still feel some extensions do make a difference. For example, a webhosting.life may not make much sense, although it may be one of the cheapest extention to register.
You're not wrong.
For eg, we can't start a Fashion blog using Fashion.dev, .bar, etc.
The site will still rank if a good SEO is implemented, but it won't look good.
 
0
•••
.io for me.
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover

NamePros updates

New in Parking: updated way to act on many domains or inquiries at once
Your domain list and inquiry list now have a bar above and below the list. Check the items you want, then choose an action in the bar...
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back