Dynadot

opinion When you list a domain names for sale, which price option you prefer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello guys.
When you list a domain name for sale in the market places, in the price option, do you prefer to set a price or to leave it as make offer, and why?
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Make Offer all the way.
In my short experience and for some reason, buyers prefer to haggle... or I'm good at getting the price higher... I don't know but make offer works 100% better unless we're talking about domains that have the price tag on their heads (like pricing chips at the lower end, etc.)

•••
•••
I don't think that low price is the only way to motivate the buyers.

•••
A formal Dutch auction is one method that seemed to be underutilised.. A Dutch auction is a dropping price auction ( not Ebay's incorrect idea). I suspect the problem would be that as soon as the asking price is accepted, then everybody would pitch in and try to bid the price up again. This, of course, would defeat the whole purpose of the auction. Dutch auctions are useful if there is only one potential bidder as well, as long as he doesn't know he's on his own.

•••
Make offer, priced domains sell faster as it opens them up to instant transfer distribution networks GoDaddy etc... but I'd suggest only pricing low-mid value domains for instant buy now purchases and leave the gems Make Offer as there isn't a shortage of offers on gems so no rush to commit to a price

Last edited:
•••
The majority my domains available for purchase are now listed at Buy Now / Buy It Now pricing.

I plan to continue the Buy Now pricing option for the next year.

The above linked threads have some good posts in 'em re the pricing options and rationals re same.

•••
The above linked threads have some good posts in 'em .

the forum "search feature" is a valuable tool

if i owned it, i'd charge you mo-fo's to use it.

:)

imo....

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back