Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

discuss BIN or Make an Offer option?

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

kite26

Fearless BirdTop Member
Impact
6,424
What option you prefer and why?Which are the pros & cons of each option?Which way can attract more buyers?

Buy It Now ot Make an Offer aka To be or not to be?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Unstoppable Domains — AI StorefrontUnstoppable Domains — AI Storefront
I've always kept 98% of my names as BINs but just recently started to list 'em more and more as Make Offers. Have to say that I'm almost surprised how much offers I get now but then again my BINs are from quite high to crazy high.

If I remember right, Sedo says that over 50% of the sold names are BINs @ Sedo... Dunno how much people follow Sedo price suggestions as they are pretty low for many still good names (and at those low prices they get BIN'd quite a lot by domainers, too, I think...) so that might be the reason for their figures.
 
0
•••
I've always kept 98% of my names as BINs but just recently started to list 'em more and more as Make Offers. Have to say that I'm almost surprised how much offers I get now but then again my BINs are from quite high to crazy high.

If I remember right, Sedo says that over 50% of the sold names are BINs @ Sedo... Dunno how much people follow Sedo price suggestions as they are pretty low for many still good names (and at those low prices they get BIN'd quite a lot by domainers, too, I think...) so that might be the reason for their figures.
Sometimes their suggestions are fair.Sure, not always. I don't know if this is right (that's the reason i want discuss), but if you don't know how to BIN, then choose make offer option.
 
0
•••
I've started to list some of my domains with BIN instead of Make Offer prices (about 10% so far), since they weren't making any money with parking. I fear I won't get any offers for the same reason as @nomen states above. But at least I can begin reducing the prices after a few months, if nothing gets sold.
 
1
•••
I like doing a BIN auction, with make an offer option available too. Who knows some one might make an offer slightly under the BIN which I may want to accept.
 
2
•••
2
•••
I've started to list some of my domains with BIN instead of Make Offer prices (about 10% so far), since they weren't making any money with parking. I fear I won't get any offers for the same reason as @nomen states above. But at least I can begin reducing the prices after a few months, if nothing gets sold.

Don't have a big enough data set to prove this with hard numbers but I usually start with a quite high figure, say mid $XXXX, and then I reduce the asking price (BIN) little by little towards renewal date.

As said, not sure, but it seems to work from time to time... I think that many people look for a domain name long and hard, going through a lot of options, back and forth, and if they see that some name that a week ago cost $4899, costs now only $3477, they might feel that they're getting a good deal (provided that the name was one of their serious options).
 
2
•••
I find I get more offers with reasonable BINs. Worrying about reducing BIN prices sounds time consuming. I'd pick a price and stick to it.

If I got a lot of offers on the same name I'd up the price.
 
2
•••
@nomen If you don't mind sharing, how do you keep track of reducing your BINs? And/or is it simple beacuse of the marketplace you use?
 
0
•••
some names i have at Sedo are set to "Make Offer" while others have BIN prices.

my last three sales there were BIN priced.


imo...
 
0
•••
As I'm a newbie and still struggling to price my domains, the majority are set as 'make offer'. But I do have some at BIN.
 
0
•••
@nomen If you don't mind sharing, how do you keep track of reducing your BINs? And/or is it simple beacuse of the marketplace you use?

Well, I just open up all the marketplaces I have my domains listed on maybe once a month and adjust prices of about 10 names at a time so I don't have any special system for keeping track.
 
1
•••
BINs are popular with lower priced names and can work as long as you are realistic.

Also keep in mind that usually you can't pay more than $5000 via credit card, so if you're trying to keep things low friction (which is the point of BIN pricing), it's a good idea to keep your BINs lower than that.
 
1
•••
In recent months have revised most of my domains to BUY NOW pricing from MAKE OFFER pricing.

Now stats show an up tic in visitors to a number of the BUY NOW names, including several new extension names.

Also a nice quick sale on a long held domain soon after becoming a BUY NOW domain rather than remaining a MAKE OFFER domain.

And yes, have received a few " offers " for BUY NOW names that previously went offer less as "MAKE OFFER" names.

My " BUY NOW " prices are very realistic prices as determined by using similar name comps from a variety of resources.
 
0
•••
I find I get more offers with reasonable BINs. Worrying about reducing BIN prices sounds time consuming. I'd pick a price and stick to it.

If I got a lot of offers on the same name I'd up the price.

How do you get offers on BIN landing pages?
 
0
•••
0
•••
Yup what @Arca said.
 
0
•••
How do you get offers on BIN landing pages?

you need to be approved
ask your account manager to get you set up
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back