IT.COM

advice When to use E or I as prefix properly?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

coco77

Top Member
Impact
Hey guys/girls,

So I had a question. As a prefix what would be better for example on a domain like:
"eautosales" or "iautosales"

If one is better than the other, can you please explain as to why? Or are they the same really?

Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i refers to internet

e refers to electronic

I like i when I want to convey internet. I use e when I want to refer to electronic. :)

•••
i refers to internet

e refers to electronic

I like i when I want to convey internet. I use e when I want to refer to electronic. :)

Thank you for your reply! That helped solve a nice chunk of my question. But in my example, which would you use?

•••
I like the "e" because it could also mean electric auto sales. :)

•••
I would say it definitely depends on the word and on the use.

E= electronic so think if that name/word you attach the E to makes sense as electronic!

I also stands for the pronoun not only for internet

edit : posted while other posts were no showing..sorry for repeating the same concept.

Last edited:
•••
•••
In the past E was synonymous with e-commerce. IMO things have since changed and E is not what it once was. That said I agree with others that E is associated more with Electronic and I with internet.

P.s. for example I own Evehicles in a cctld and feel It would be best used for electric/hybrid vehicles, although I think it would also work generally it wouldn't be it best use imo.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back