IT.COM

poll What's your outbound sell-through rate?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

What's your outbound sell-through rate?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • <2%

votes
    68.4%
  • 2-5%

votes
    10.5%
  • 5 - 8%

votes
    5.3%
  • 8 - 15%

votes
    10.5%
  • 15% +

votes
    5.3%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Impact
How many domains you outbound, end up selling to end-users?
If you outbound 30 domains per month, how many of them sell?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I do geos and I sell at low to mid xxx (high xxx only few times). I became 1yr old in domaining beginning of this month. And my total STR closed at 35%+ at first year for all types of domains (Geo+EMD + brandable).
And 43% for solely Geos.

Last edited:
•••
<2% here, like current majority

•••
I do geos and I sell at low to mid xxx (high xxx only few times). I became 1yr old in domaining beginning of this month. And my total STR closed at 35%+ at first year for all types of domains (Geo+EMD + brandable).
And 43% for solely Geos.
Hand regs, or bought from other?

Thank you

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think this might need to have better clarity on exactly how the sell through rate is computed. Typically it is the number of sales in a time period of one year compared to the number of items for sale. That is if I have 100 domain names and do outbound on them all and sell 3 at the end of the year that is 3%.

If I do outbound on 100 names in the sense of contacting people and at end of month 3 sell, that might be a different way to compute a sell-through rate, but is not the same since others might sell 11 months from now.

Or there could be a totally different kind of sell-through rate for every x outbound messages do you get a sale. For example, if I send out 1000 messages and results in 2 sales, that is a 0.2% "outbound rate" of some kind.

Bob

•••
And 43% for solely Geos.

Those numbers seem extraordinarily high from my experience and talking with others doing this.

Brad

Last edited:
•••
Hand regs, or bought from other?

Thank you
modified:
It's all hand registered. Sorry I replied without understanding your whole quote.
All the names sold were hand registered
Thanks

Last edited:
•••
Those numbers seem extraordinarily high from my experience and talking with others doing this.

Brad
I don't seem to understand this please..

•••
•••

Brad
That is our outbound wizard:xf.smile:

•••
Hi.
Work started in Jan 2020.
Worked on total of 90 domains till today 8/18/2020.
Sold 11 domains, All Geos.

How would you guys rate my %?

•••
Hi.
That should be around 15% which is very commendable. Seems you are doing it right.
Would you be okay sharing a few names for example and the budget range ?

•••
The range was between $100-$400.
TacomaGraphics.Com
SurpriseCars.Com
VancouverToyStore.Com

•••
And 43% for solely Geos.
That's a lot. I mean 35% is huge. For every 20 domains, that's like 7 domains sold. How do you achieve that? Do you do extensive research on the domain names that you buy? How much time investment is that?

<2% here, like current majority
2% in outbound? What niches? How many leads do you reach out? How many follow ups? I think you can increase that.
You don't outbound or you didn't happen to sell?

•••
I think this might need to have better clarity on exactly how the sell through rate is computed. Typically it is the number of sales in a time period of one year compared to the number of items for sale. That is if I have 100 domain names and do outbound on them all and sell 3 at the end of the year that is 3%.

If I do outbound on 100 names in the sense of contacting people and at end of month 3 sell, that might be a different way to compute a sell-through rate, but is not the same since others might sell 11 months from now.

Or there could be a totally different kind of sell-through rate for every x outbound messages do you get a sale. For example, if I send out 1000 messages and results in 2 sales, that is a 0.2% "outbound rate" of some kind.

Bob
Correct. You are damn smart, Bob! That makes sense. I mean actively selling. The second option. Not sure how high the chances of selling in another 11 months are, given the geo names they are. I think, it possibly won't be game changing.

That is our outbound wizard:xf.smile:
Absolutely. Looks like either he is doing something extraordinary or the domains are extremely good.
Hi.

Did you outbound on all of them? How many leads per domain? How many follow ups?

•••
That's a lot. I mean 35% is huge. For every 20 domains, that's like 7 domains sold. How do you achieve that? Do you do extensive research on the domain names that you buy? How much time investment is that?

2% in outbound? What niches? How many leads do you reach out? How many follow ups? I think you can increase that.

You don't outbound or you didn't happen to sell?
I don't outbound much. Most don't reply unless i send them a super premium name.
I specialize mostly in 2 word domains... and i'm not sure it's worth the hassle. You can check my signature to see the kind of names i have.
Maybe my email wasn't convincing enough or something.

Have you had success doing outbound?

•••
I do Outbound, I do follow ups. I don't do any research, in fact, I handreg (not even wait for ED drops). Once I like the keywords in domain and they number of endusers is quite good (20+) I buy it.
The time investment is like the Normal time everyone invest in Outbound. To break it down, I spend around 2hrs per domain for first Outbound (to source endusers and to send email).
And less than 15minutes per domain for follow ups (just reply initial email).

•••
I do Outbound, I do follow ups. I don't do any research, in fact, I handreg (not even wait for ED drops). Once I like the keywords in domain and they number of endusers is quite good (20+) I buy it.
The time investment is like the Normal time everyone invest in Outbound. To break it down, I spend around 2hrs per domain for first Outbound (to source endusers and to send email).
Thanks a lot for sharing! That's amazing!
You have optimized it pretty well.

I don't outbound much. Most don't reply unless i send them a super premium name.
I specialize mostly in 2 word domains... and i'm not sure it's worth the hassle. You can check my signature to see the kind of names i have.
Maybe my email wasn't convincing enough or something.

Have you had success doing outbound?
Ya a bit. 15% types conversion.

•••
I do Outbound, I do follow ups. I don't do any research, in fact, I handreg (not even wait for ED drops). Once I like the keywords in domain and they number of endusers is quite good (20+) I buy it
Are these keyword rich names or Geo's?

Last edited:
•••
•••
I think It's
Do you use free email like gmail or you have a website and use the email of that domain?

•••
I think It's

Do you use free email like gmail or you have a website and use the email of that domain?
I use Gmail

•••
I use Gmail
Have you ever had a gmail account closed by spam?

I just in case would use an account only for that and not an important one

But anyway most probably I'll go with an email of my domain

Last edited:
•••
Have you ever had a gmail account closed by spam?

I just in case would use an account only for that and not an important one

But anyway most probably I'll go with an email of my domain
I have an aged account I use. Then i have a newly opened account. The new one has been disabled.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back