NameSilo

What's your best domain worth?

Labeled as discuss in General Domain Discussion started by Arpit131, Mar 18, 2019.

Replies:
Views:

1. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI Owner of ▲ the most expensive domain of all time. Gold Account

🚩

Thanks for your replyyy

I still don't understand how one can call this domain name crappyyy
    Especially how you as pro came to this twisted conclusionnn
    I mean, you are in the domaining business since more than a decadeee
    You should know it betterrr
    I am very surprised about your viewww

But I have hopeee
    I am sure, you will understand the immense value of this domain name in futureee
    Also if it will need another decadeee

I (always) explaine/d this domain name in a very clear wayyy
    This domain name is based on undeniable semantical and mathematical factsss
    It has nothing to do with my writing styleee

Another point is, your reply made the domain another time
    again just (a bit) more valuableee
    No matter the fact how "negative" you describe/d ittt
    In reality it doesn't make any difference if the opinion that someone has about this domain name is "positive" or "negative" - simply because it remains untoppableee

I made everything righttt
    You can believe me, I am
    not coincidently the owner of this domain nameee
    I believe this domain name will be bought by a chinese billionaireee

Latest then you will understand hahaahaaa

PEACEEE

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
    The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. cyborg1960

cyborg1960 Established Member

cowboy.agency

lot of digits )

3. johnnie018

johnnie018 Market Restricted

They haven't bought it and it is not a good domain, it is reg fee value or less. If people want to buy names like that they have little chance of making money because the companies in that industry do not brand in that way. The name needs to be memorable, aiassistant.com isn't.

Constantly asking for critical posts to be removed is missing the point of the thread entirely, the purpose is stated by the OP below, it is to give feedback, remove owner biases and make sure people aren't overpricing names, this results in potential 3-4 figure sales being lost. If the owner wants to ever sell aiassistant.com they need to be realistic about the price and the very low chance of it selling even at say 3 figures, not "mid 5 figures and up".

4. johnnie018

Who would be the obvious buyers for a name like that? Very low chance of ever selling this especially as an ntld, price low.

5. johnnie018

Is this one a joke or did you actually register it. Start again if this is a genuine submission.

6. DOMAIN ILLUMINATI

DOMAIN ILLUMINATI Owner of ▲ the most expensive domain of all time. Gold Account

🚩

No, it is not a joke hahaahaaa
    I actually registered it yeahhh
    So I don't need to start again, this is a genuine domain nameee

The point is just, that I really don't understand your reactionnn

I simply don't understand why you don't understand this mindblowing domain nameee

Is it because it ends with .top, the highest possible TLD???

Or is it the highest possible number (22) of "top", the highest possible keyword???
    Or the highest possible number (63) of characters???
    Or the fact that it is untoppable???

Or is it because it is the highest / most valuable / most expensive domain of all time???

What is it???

Just tell me, I am sure I can helppp

PSSS
    Questions end with a question markkk
    Sometimes with threee

Last edited: Mar 20, 2019
  7. slader23

slader23 Always On The Bleeding Edge. VIP

:xf.grin:

8. Keith

Keith Top Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Just auctioned on open market with $8k high bid. That’s the value...

9. Cebe

Cebe Established Member

FiatPayment/com

10. Mitchell Hengesbach

Mitchell Hengesbach Upgraded Member Blue Account

Pooshs . (com)

Gonna get me some Kardashian money!! haha

Also, the plural form of poosh is not trademarked, so y'all can put that back in your pockets lol

11. Avijit Roy

Avijit Roy Established Member

I really enjoyed the discussion here. I have just an year old experience in domaining, sold few domains.
    Here are my best names, i consider(i have few brandable domain listed in BB,Squadhelp.com)

1. 10comandamenti.com(10commandments in italian, .net and ,org taken. monthly search 27000) mid xxxx
    2. ToyUAE.com- ( mid xxxx)
    3.FlyEve.com(lower xxxx).

12. johnnie018

Nobody other than crypto people call it “fiat”,most people would have no clue what it means.

13. henrypcyeung

henrypcyeung Established Member

Though it is great that the idea of this thread is to remove domain owners' biases, people who give comments here may have biases to devalue domains.

Simply ignore the comments that are illogical and subjective as they are most likely biases.

14. Shuttlepro

Shuttlepro Top Member VIP

Negative Nancy...I mean Johnny.

15. maksimfa

maksimfa Top Member VIP Trusted Contest Holder

Some good discussion, one great name, Gro.com, and a lot of names that I would not justify the asking prices.
    Smartclock is a good name but very specific... and quite honestly who uses "smart clock" in daily discussions?

I am transitioning most of my portfolio to better align with my media sites... so firearms and a few others.

GunSuppressors.com and other similar exact product category names for me. =)

16. johnnie018

Another toxic post for Henry. Perhaps in this thread you can contribute in a meaningful way?

Here is what this thread is supposed to be for,

17. johnnie018

Agree Gro.com is the one standout name.

Good name with lots of potential buyers.

18. Elad n

Elad n Top Member VIP

Here comes Johnnie lol
    That post was funny and shows you are clueless :)
    Hmm criticism is good ! Being clueless isn't

19. slader23

slader23 Always On The Bleeding Edge. VIP

It defines a category, it has to be specific. I also don't use the term too often in daily discussion, but then again...I also don't use the terms Smart Car, Smart TV or Smart Lock in my daily discussions either and I own 2/3 of those products.

20. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Top Member VIP

I think everyone has expectations with asking prices, but obviously when an offer is put in front of you circumstances and a person’s expectations can change.

I don’t think every domainer understands that an end-user/company buying a domain is an ‘investment’ with view to see some kind of return on this ‘investment’ so If you’re asking for 4/5/6 or 7 figures for a domain name, what benefit is a potential buyer getting paying you the amount you want? Are they going to get a return on investment too?

If there’s just as good 2nd options, i agree a domain can never justify huge price tags.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2019
  21. johnnie018

Good post, yes people must be realistic. Many of these names were registered recently and the 5 figure expectations just makes no sense.

Also every name in this thread has lots of alternates (even gro.com), so make sure you are pricing names to sell!

22. johnnie018

The bigger problem is that the product "smart clock" isn't popular, most would never have heard of this, even people who watch tech things every day.

I put "smart clock" into Google trends with a couple of other random makeup products "smart toaster" and "smarts socks" (no idea what those products would be or are) and it came out with similar popularity to those. So there is probably 50,000 potential smartproduct.com domains that are similar. How many are selling and how many are going to have any real lifespan long term? For tech items how many will the "smart" part become meaningless because all devices of that types will have those features?

Even smarttv.com smartphone.com is becoming irrelevant.

23. TDL

TDL Established Member

I have this one Otiea.com
    It's mean Freedom Lover, Playful, Friendly. So can be a brandable name in some industries.
    Do you guys think how much does it worth? :)

24. Kate

Kate Domainosaurus Rex VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

I know I am not going to make any friends but most names posted here at not good at all, and yet they are supposed to be the best.
    So who is clueless ? The people criticizing bad names, or the people buying bad names, thinking they own good stuff ?a

25. Mitchell Hengesbach

Mitchell Hengesbach Upgraded Member Blue Account

You're right. Most people think their own stuff is brilliant and pure gold... asking for ridiculous returns on their investment. About 80% of domains are crap and 20% are actually gold.

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags: