Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Hi guys...

Let's play a small game. There are 3 questions each of us answer:

1) What is your best domain?
2) How much do you think it is worth?
3) Why do you think it would fetch you that amount?

The idea here is to remove the biases that we all have towards the domain name that we own.
I have been overly optimistic about many of the domain names that I owned, and that gives a false picture when we approach an end user or an end user approaches us. Ultimately, we end up losing a sale which could have fetched up, say mid xxx to low xxxx or maybe more.

So yeah, lets go ahead! Be a sport! Participate! And let's learn together!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Another nice thread @Arpit131 (y)

GRO in king
Low 7 figs.
It can be used for any and many purposes. Like Cannabis, sports, education, data, banking, gardening, bio, etc.

•••
DIGITALEXCHANGE // COM
Low 6 Figs Atleast
CoinExchange is in market with startng price of 3 Million USD
GoldExchange sold in 50k+
I feel DigitalExchange covering all Digital Currencies + Digital Media + Digital Ads & Alot more coming in digital space...

•••
777.co
$50,000 +
Sought after number sequence. Short. Great alternative to 777.com.

•••
iWeather // com

1998 registration, short, taken in many TLDs, weather becoming more unpredictable

Asking low $xx,xxx

Thanks for thread @Arpit131

•••
Not sure about best but like AiAssistant in com

As of now mid xx,xxx and up

It's a category killer ,that is the Essence of Ai

•••
Probably:-

12e32855d16834a0a292658f5d28c77c.jpg

It’s its own industry, where contracts are dealt with in the billions of $. Can represent other industries such as automotive. Other than cars dot com (most expensive domain) and ‘auto’ (also owned by cars dot com), can’t think of any other single word dictionary domain better than the above to represent the automotive industry.

Can also represent transport/travel/logistics/retail, many end-user possibilities in monster industries.

I’m looking for big money for it.

Also own:-

9f33517e525f36b38d3db9be40f7d392.jpg

.com

Those 2 are my highest potential.

•••
And how many of them made offers? Not a great name.

I really dislike it when the whole premise of a thread is derailed with illogical negativity.

The reality is most people don't agree with you, however, if you feel the need to project your dislike of my domain and others in this thread...do it in the correct sub-forum i.e appraisal section. Make an appraisal thread for names you dislike and ask NP members what they think.

I think that's more appropriate than interjecting with off base comments on other peoples names just so you can feel good about yourself don't you think :xf.wink:?

•••
I will get the ball rolling then........make sure you post yours @Arpit131

Business / Mortgages
(.com)
$20,000
19 years old / .com / great marketing potential / Brandable /Finance sector / loads of end users / moderate type in traffic / obvious target market.........no rush to sell.

•••
We all have our own valuations, especially on our own domains we look at them through rose tinted glasses and I am not immune to that.
I have Signed(.)com AntiqueFurniture(.)com EIA(.)com MVR(.)com (VR virtual reality) and ChinaFund(.)com
All I believe are worth about the same $30k - $50k each.
But Signed was my first domain in 1999 and AntiqueFurniture is my passion and will use it one day. So probably worth less. MVR gets the most interest. ChinaFund gets most traffic EIA most used acronym.

Ohh yes GRO is the best.

Last edited:
•••
SmartClock.com

My ask is mid xx,xxx but long term value is probably in the low xxx,xxx range. It's an entirely new category of clocks. Killer brand as well. Lenovo, Google, Xiaomi, Amazon have all released products in the nich over the past year.

Last edited:
•••
canDNA.com $988

I think that with ancestry searches, forensics, genetic health tests, genetic editing treatments, genetic agriculture products etc. that genetics and DNA are high value areas.

I looked at (and own a few other) DNA/CRISPR related names but this is my favourite because it is short enough and pronounceable and memorable so could be used as a brandable, but it also works perfectly as a memorable reference site that answers a series of questions "Can DNA ...." I really liked the speakable candna but also memorable word + acronym CanDNA structure of the domain name.

I think comparable sales also support a price above my asking for example I would argue that can is better than got and fit from the following comparator sales: netdna ($4000), gotdna ($2088), fitdna ($1800).

When doing an analysis prior to acquisition I also look at the words separately, and I liked what I saw re 'can'. Domain names starting with ‘can’ have sold 1161 times for an average price of $4467 (NameBio data). Note some of these are not genuinely can + something but rather words that start with can. Of course being from Canada, I also see possible application as an abbreviation for that.

Why not ask more? I considered seeing if a brandable market would list it (have not tried) but saw if I did that I would be eliminating the second set of applications (use in information/reference site), and while the sales price would be at least 2 to 3 times higher, I suspect the probability of sale would go down. I am hoping by keeping it three figures I find an end user quickly.

Thanks for the great thread @Arpit131 and I hope that many respondents will give us a fairly complete answer to (3) as I think that can help us all in appraising and promoting domain names.

Bob

•••

GRO in king
Low 7 figs.
It can be used for any and many purposes. Like Cannabis, sports, education, data, banking, gardening, bio, etc.

My most favorite name from your portfolio..

What a great positive multi meaningful name.

Very rarely some brand name covers various aspects. Lots of Brand names are niche specific. But this one is rare of the rare category and open for lots of current companies and many more future new start ups.

History of Brand Names getting shorter and shorter over period of time. Short, Sweet, and meaningful names has great presence and super bright future.

I think that is enough for now. Hahaahahaha. I don't want to write full essay on it which is possible for sure.

Best of luck dear friend Abdul Basit. You will definitely get your expected price sooner or later. You already a good patience player which definitely require in this gem.

Thanks

Last edited:
•••
It is all delusional stuff, much like the person putting name up for auction then claiming they secretly got a much higher offer when the price was nowhere near what they said.

I normally try not to feed the trolls. But in this case, I need to make an exception as I really feel he has gone too far. Questioning my integrity as a domainer and a human being on a public forum does not sit well with me.

So "johnnie018", why not put your money where your mouth is?

I have $100 on the table saying that I will sell 777.co within 3 months from now for more than $8000.

Conditions:
1. Proof of sale of domain 777.co be listed on DNJournal and/or Namebio.com
2. Sale to be concluded by 23 June 2019.

If the above conditions are met, you will pay me $100 via paypal and publicly apologize here on NamePros and state that you know nothing about domaining, if not, I will pay you $100 via paypal and state that I know nothing about domaining.

So what do you say? Up for the challenge?

I see your status is now "restricted", which I am not too surprised by. So if you are able to read this message and not respond, please respond to me on [email protected].

•••
Why would any of them buy smartcock.com? They aren't going to names the product that. It would be Google Clock or something like that.

No, not for tech terms, they date. The "internet" part is not needed and sounds like something from the 1997-2007 era.

Did you read the point of the thread "2) How much do you think it is worth?" Seems it it is only off base when you don't like the viewpoint.
Why wouldn't someone want to use Smart Clock as their brand? And I think you got the wrong name there LOL

Received high $xxxx offer on iWeather just last week but I guess it is "outdated" :)

:troll:

•••
This thread is great.

It puts the industry into perspective and alot of newbies should pay close attention.

This is not a get rich quick scheme, and Im sorry to say a HUGE majority are in it for just that.

If you look at 90% of these names, most are hand-regged with the pipe dreams of big money.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news....but its not going to happen.

It takes time (years), money, research, patience, and skill to get to a certain level.

The only real money names I see in this thread is from veteran domainers who worked hard for years.

If your in it for the quick buck, do yourself a favor a find another hobby.

The credit card will max out quickly in this game.

Sorry for the harsh words....but its reality.

•••
Umm, it says “Lenovo Smart Clock” right there in your pic. Nowhere does this company call it “Smart Clock”. Company do not name products with a generic term much like there is no “smart phone” or “smart glasses”. They is why this name still sits for sale and likely always will.

Even when the obvious is in your face you deny it and try to convince yourself otherwise. Lenovo is calling the product the Lenovo Smart Clock, Just like they call their flagship laptop the Lenovo ThinkPad, Brand+Product Name. Where does ThinkPad.com resolve? You should check.

Irregardless of that, it's a generic product domain. They don't even have to brand with the name with it for it to be useful to them.
  • 1800Contacts – ContactLenses.com, Contacts.com, EyeCare.com, Glasses.com
  • 1800Flowers – Flowers.com
  • 1800Wheelchair – Wheelchair.com
  • 21st Century Insurance – 21st.com
  • A&E Television Networks – History.com
  • A&W Concentrate Company – RootBeer.com
  • Abbott Labs – InfantFormula.com, RA.com
  • ACH Food Companies – Tones.com
  • Adobe – Director.com, ESignature.com, Flash.com
  • Alcoa – Aluminum.com
  • Allianz – Fusion.com
  • Amazon – Clothing.com, Endless.com, Triangulate.com
  • American City Business Journals – Portfolio.com
  • American Express – Open.com, Serve.com
  • American Woodmark Corp. – Cabinetry.com
  • Anderson Rentals – Potty.com
and like 100 more examples.

Last edited:
•••
Superficie · com. 1999 registration date.

It means surface in like 5 different languages. Not my best, but I have high hopes for it after listening to a DomainSherpa show where Frank sold naranja (orange) dot com for around 200K.

Hoping to get high-5 to low-6 figures for it.

Posting it here to see if I got my head up my butt, or am on the right track. I know non-English words may take a long time to sell.

•••

GRO in king
Low 7 figs.

Wow! What an incredible domain name! Useful in so many types of branding: agriculture, educational, investments, personal development, business consulting, etc. not to mention all the acronym possibilities. This could be a yearly chart topper in my opinion.

Congrats.

Bob

•••
Well I don't think this name is a "category killer" because I've never heard of the category "ai assistance". These services are always named after first names or short catchy names. The category killer names are probably John.com or Mary.com, not AIAssistant.com.

John.com and Mary.com are not category killer names. They are ultra premium first name domains.

Both are in the Given Name category. They do not categorize a product or service. You don't seem to understand the term "Category Killer".

It's absurd that you think just because you've never heard of Ai Assistants the domain AiAssistant.com can't be a categorically killer domain.......that's actually the most ridiculous thing I've heard this week hahah:ROFL:.

Anyways, it's time you stop making this your own personal appraisal thread critiquing everyone's domains without actually having logical input. I will be reporting further comments you make that go against the premise of the thread. I will also be reporting my previous comments responding to you, thread needs to be cleaned up.

Last edited:
•••
Here comes Johnnie lol
That post was funny and shows you are clueless :)
Hmm criticism is good ! Being clueless isn't
I know I am not going to make any friends but most names posted here at not good at all, and yet they are supposed to be the best.
So who is clueless ? The people criticizing bad names, or the people buying bad names, thinking they own good stuff ?a

•••
Last edited:
•••
Why would any of them buy smartcock.com? They aren't going to names the product that. It would be Google Clock or something like that.

No, not for tech terms, they date. The "internet" part is not needed and sounds like something from the 1997-2007 era.

Did you read the point of the thread "2) How much do you think it is worth?" Seems it it is only off base when you don't like the viewpoint.

You didn't read the OP correctly. The domain owner is meant to answer those 3 questions. This isn't an appraisal thread. Which is why I've directed you to post such comments in the correct sub-forum i.e appraisals. Open a thread there and ask other NP members what they think about names you don't like.

As per your other statements.....actually...Lenovo has explicitly called it's product "Smart Clock"...not Lenovo Clock....and they are in fact also working with Google, who have their own voice assisted clock thats part of the Google home hub.

XbHsXRJ.jpg

It's even come to the attention of a veteran domainer who tweeted to them----->https://twitter.com/dinvesting/status/1082722288389312513?s=12

So yes, you are being totally off base :xf.wink:.

Last edited:
•••

GRO in king
Low 7 figs.

Great name. Probably the best I've seen on NP for a long time.

•••
Vps.io ( Virtual private servers )

Worth : I think at least High $x,xxx and up to mid 5 figures for the right buyer.

Why ? I believe it's a professional domain, VPS fits perfectly with .io , a very good niche and a clear purpose name.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back