Dynadot

[UK] What's best?

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Having trouble decided on which domain to purchase for a website, and it's available in a few extensions so just wanted to see what you guys think is best for a UK name. The co.uk of the name is long gone.

So let's say the generic keyword is "restaurants"

Would you go with:

restaurants.org.uk
restaurantsuk.com
restaurants.uk.com

Thanks,
A.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
fixxation said:
restaurants.uk.com
Caution! (Don't buy this)
You might want to search for "web.com" here (IIRC) and see what'd happen'ed

•••
IMHO, restaurantsuk.com or ukrestaurants.com are the best of those options, unless the keyword very strongly fits the "org"

Last edited:
•••
Thanks Silhouette- just read the whole story about the web.com - glad a steered well clear of that one.

And thanks NC as well, I decided on the [keyword]uk.com version of the name... it had just dropped a couple months ago so was lucky to snag it for plans for the site.

Cheers
A.

•••
What happened with web.com then?

.uk.com is run by CentralNIC who also run .de.com, .us.com and .eu.com amongst others. They're in the business for over 10 years without any major problems, so I would rate them reliable (even though their prices are too high which is a massive turn-off). So I wouldn't really rate restaurants.uk.com badly.

To answer the topicstarter's question though: I would buy UKrestaurants.com

•••
Definately restaurantsuk.com

•••
Im confused as to why you havent included .CO.UK it's self :?:

•••
•••
•••
Have you contacted the owner of the .co.uk to see if they would sell it?

•••
hey.co.uk said:
Have you contacted the owner of the .co.uk to see if they would sell it?

Yep- well, I tried, wrote an email and no reponse as of yet. But if they do reply, it'll probably be far out of reach for me at this stage... :(

A.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back