Watch

Arpit131

Top Member
Impact
Hi guys...

Let's play a small game. There are 3 questions each of us answer:

1) What is your best domain?
2) How much do you think it is worth?
3) Why do you think it would fetch you that amount?

The idea here is to remove the biases that we all have towards the domain name that we own.
I have been overly optimistic about many of the domain names that I owned, and that gives a false picture when we approach an end user or an end user approaches us. Ultimately, we end up losing a sale which could have fetched up, say mid xxx to low xxxx or maybe more.

So yeah, lets go ahead! Be a sport! Participate! And let's learn together!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will get the ball rolling then........make sure you post yours @Arpit131

Business / Mortgages
(.com)
$20,000
19 years old / .com / great marketing potential / Brandable /Finance sector / loads of end users / moderate type in traffic / obvious target market.........no rush to sell.

•••
DIGITALEXCHANGE // COM
Low 6 Figs Atleast
CoinExchange is in market with startng price of 3 Million USD
GoldExchange sold in 50k+
I feel DigitalExchange covering all Digital Currencies + Digital Media + Digital Ads & Alot more coming in digital space...

•••
Hi guys...

Let's play a small game. There are 3 questions each of us answer:

1) What is your best domain?
2) How much do you think it is worth?
3) Why do you think it would fetch you that amount?

The idea here is to remove the biases that we all have towards the domain name that we own.
I have been overly optimistic about many of the domain names that I owned, and that gives a false picture when we approach an end user or an end user approaches us. Ultimately, we end up losing a sale which could have fetched up, say mid xxx to low xxxx or maybe more.

So yeah, lets go ahead! Be a sport! Participate! And let's learn together!

"What is your best domain?"

LaughInns:ROFL:com (just hand reg'd yesterday)

"How much do you think it's worth?"

MILLION DOLLARS (did i make you laugh:xf.laugh:)

"Why do you think it would fetch that amount?

Oh, I don't know, maybe because I've been making people laugh all my lifeO_o
Maybe because the hospitality/hotel industry is a 570 Billion dollar industry
Maybe because "Laughter is the Best Medicine" and "Laughter is Like a Mini Vacation"
Maybe because the Comedy Industry is as big as the hotel industry
Maybe because Rowan and Martin's "Laugh In" from the 60's and 70's was a HUGE HIT!
Maybe because the "Mission", at "Laugh Inns" is not just lodging....It's Entertainment:xf.grin:

Last edited:
•••
777.co
$50,000 +
Sought after number sequence. Short. Great alternative to 777.com.

•••
SmartClock.com

My ask is mid xx,xxx but long term value is probably in the low xxx,xxx range. It's an entirely new category of clocks. Killer brand as well. Lenovo, Google, Xiaomi, Amazon have all released products in the nich over the past year.

Last edited:
•••
Holding.Company | worth more than + $x,xxx,xxx to $xx,xxx,xxx .

Last edited:
•••
bitcoinforex.org-$40000-60000
-
bitcoincash.org-$48888-2017
bitcoinsv.com-$50000-2018
bitforex.com$65000-2018

•••
-
bitforex.com$65000-2018

You don't own these names... although I do own 0xBitcoin.com.

•••
•••
•••
•••
canDNA.com $988

I think that with ancestry searches, forensics, genetic health tests, genetic editing treatments, genetic agriculture products etc. that genetics and DNA are high value areas.

I looked at (and own a few other) DNA/CRISPR related names but this is my favourite because it is short enough and pronounceable and memorable so could be used as a brandable, but it also works perfectly as a memorable reference site that answers a series of questions "Can DNA ...." I really liked the speakable candna but also memorable word + acronym CanDNA structure of the domain name.

I think comparable sales also support a price above my asking for example I would argue that can is better than got and fit from the following comparator sales: netdna ($4000), gotdna ($2088), fitdna ($1800).

When doing an analysis prior to acquisition I also look at the words separately, and I liked what I saw re 'can'. Domain names starting with ‘can’ have sold 1161 times for an average price of $4467 (NameBio data). Note some of these are not genuinely can + something but rather words that start with can. Of course being from Canada, I also see possible application as an abbreviation for that.

Why not ask more? I considered seeing if a brandable market would list it (have not tried) but saw if I did that I would be eliminating the second set of applications (use in information/reference site), and while the sales price would be at least 2 to 3 times higher, I suspect the probability of sale would go down. I am hoping by keeping it three figures I find an end user quickly.

Thanks for the great thread @Arpit131 and I hope that many respondents will give us a fairly complete answer to (3) as I think that can help us all in appraising and promoting domain names.

Bob

•••
Superficie · com. 1999 registration date.

It means surface in like 5 different languages. Not my best, but I have high hopes for it after listening to a DomainSherpa show where Frank sold naranja (orange) dot com for around 200K.

Hoping to get high-5 to low-6 figures for it.

Posting it here to see if I got my head up my butt, or am on the right track. I know non-English words may take a long time to sell.

•••
iWeather // com

1998 registration, short, taken in many TLDs, weather becoming more unpredictable

Asking low $xx,xxx

Thanks for thread @Arpit131

•••
SmartClock.com

My ask is mid xx,xxx but long term value is probably in the low xxx,xxx range. It's an entirely new category of clocks. Killer brand as well. Lenovo, Google, Xiaomi, Amazon have all released products in the nich over the past year.

And how many of them made offers? Not a great name.

•••
iWeather // com

1998 registration, short, taken in many TLDs, weather becoming more unpredictable

Asking low $xx,xxx

Thanks for thread @Arpit131

Very dated, good name 20 years ago.

•••

Last edited:
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
Your off on this one alittle man.

How many new companies do you see with “i” names any more? It is dated and even existing co’s are probably wondering whether to change names.

•••
And how many of them made offers? Not a great name.

I really dislike it when the whole premise of a thread is derailed with illogical negativity.

The reality is most people don't agree with you, however, if you feel the need to project your dislike of my domain and others in this thread...do it in the correct sub-forum i.e appraisal section. Make an appraisal thread for names you dislike and ask NP members what they think.

I think that's more appropriate than interjecting with off base comments on other peoples names just so you can feel good about yourself don't you think :xf.wink:?

•••
canDNA.com $988

I think that with ancestry searches, forensics, genetic health tests, genetic editing treatments, genetic agriculture products etc. that genetics and DNA are high value areas.

I looked at (and own a few other) DNA/CRISPR related names but this is my favourite because it is short enough and pronounceable and memorable so could be used as a brandable, but it also works perfectly as a memorable reference site that answers a series of questions "Can DNA ...." I really liked the speakable candna but also memorable word + acronym CanDNA structure of the domain name.

I think comparable sales also support a price above my asking for example I would argue that can is better than got and fit from the following comparator sales: netdna ($4000), gotdna ($2088), fitdna ($1800).

When doing an analysis prior to acquisition I also look at the words separately, and I liked what I saw re 'can'. Domain names starting with ‘can’ have sold 1161 times for an average price of $4467 (NameBio data). Note some of these are not genuinely can + something but rather words that start with can. Of course being from Canada, I also see possible application as an abbreviation for that.

Why not ask more? I considered seeing if a brandable market would list it (have not tried) but saw if I did that I would be eliminating the second set of applications (use in information/reference site), and while the sales price would be at least 2 to 3 times higher, I suspect the probability of sale would go down. I am hoping by keeping it three figures I find an end user quickly.

Thanks for the great thread @Arpit131 and I hope that many respondents will give us a fairly complete answer to (3) as I think that can help us all in appraising and promoting domain names.

Bob

Bad sign when it needs 6 paragraphs to explain the name, looks like a typo of canada.com to me. The name should be super obvious.

Last edited:
•••
-
bitforex.com$65000-2018

That bitcoin boom is over, that peaked 18 months ago and is going down and down. Would need to drop prices into 3 figs to have a chance of moving these, even then it won't be easy.

Holding.Company | worth more than + $x,xxx,xxx to $xx,xxx,xxx .

Now theres a great name. Nice pickup.

Last edited:
•••
Not a good name :xf.laugh:

So many potential end users, do a google search for Smart Clock

Why would any of them buy smartcock.com? They aren't going to names the product that. It would be Google Clock or something like that.

Good name 20 years ago, good name today, good name 20 years from now :)

No, not for tech terms, they date. The "internet" part is not needed and sounds like something from the 1997-2007 era.

I really dislike it when the whole premise of a thread is derailed with illogical negativity.

The reality is most people don't agree with you, however, if you feel the need to project your dislike of my domain and others in this thread...do it in the correct sub-forum i.e appraisal section. Make an appraisal thread for names you dislike and ask NP members what they think.

I think that's more appropriate than interjecting with off base comments on other peoples names just so you can feel good about yourself don't you think :xf.wink:?

Did you read the point of the thread "2) How much do you think it is worth?" Seems it it is only off base when you don't like the viewpoint.

Last edited:
•••
Back