Domain Empire

discuss What's The Best way to set up your domain website?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Ive used third party brokers such as DNS and others and have had over 100 inquiries and only one sale. I have done 3 times better negotiating by myself via email. So I have come to the conclusion that it's worth selling my own domains on my own website.

But what is effective? What works best? What do buyers take seriously?

1. You have portfolio website with logos similar to brand bucket?
  2. You have portfolio sites where the names are just listed without logos
  3. You have a landing page for each domain with a offer form
  4. You have a simple 1 to 5 page website that's not too flashy, may even look oldish but can be taken seriously. These sites have only necessary info with no names to show but the names are forwarded there and you can use contact form.
  5. You have a domain shop whether your own theme or third party like name investors. Where people can buy the name on your site or click through to escrow or Paypal.
  6. Have a designer do some custom solution? What exactly?
These are all ideas I'm thinking about. I considered portfolio with logos before to be honest but got no inquiries. I'm not sure if it was just the main domain being weak or the site not looking serious enough? So I will consider all. Personally I think I take sites that don't even look flashy seriously. Think it's maybe a solid company is hat owns the name but may not be using it or maybe it's a trustworthy investor.

--Share what you think is the best?
What would you do take seriously as a buyer?

Share any Wordpress themes you think would be excellent...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hi Stub, I nearly completed the updates you suggested. Check it out whether you happy with. Please comment if there is error to be done. Thanks.

Everything looks good except I'd remove the green drop down menu in the menu "Domains For Sale" and go directly to your Domains For Sale Page

I don't really like that list of domains on the right of the slider. I don't really see it ads anything which cannot be got to by one or two clicks. I think it is 100% superfluous and clutters up the clean lines of the slider. I think you have a tendency to add more to a page (overstuff) than is required. Whereas Less is More in many cases. You should think about that every time you think about adding stuff to pages.

Apart from those 2 things, I like what I'm seeing. YMMV. Does anyone else have any comments? I haven't commented on the inside pages because your first question was concerning you home page layout. Which I think is way, way better looking from where you started.

Good luck hunting ;)

Last edited:
•••
Oh. I just saw something else. There seems to be a tiny TM mark After BP in your header. Presumably this is following some text which cannot be seen.

•••
Everything looks good except I'd remove the green drop down menu in the menu "Domains For Sale" and go directly to your Domains For Sale Page

I don't really like that list of domains on the right of the slider. I don't really see it ads anything which cannot be got to by one or two clicks. I think it is 100% superfluous and clutters up the clean lines of the slider. I think you have a tendency to add more to a page (overstuff) than is required. Whereas Less is More in many cases. You should think about that every time you think about adding stuff to pages.

Apart from those 2 things, I like what I'm seeing. YMMV. Does anyone else have any comments? I haven't commented on the inside pages because your first question was concerning you home page layout. Which I think is way, way better looking from where you started.

Good luck hunting ;)
You are right. I remove the green drop down menu in the menu. Agree, less is more..I get rid of slider...too clutter...I was carried away adding stuff.

Yes, there are other people comments...a guy ask me why I use Billionaire.Property which is nothing to do with domain name? I said as Billionaire Property keywords are on Google rank 1 page one, I want rich billionaires stumble to my website, hopefully they end up investing domain names as they have lots of money...It does make sense for him, so he then suggest me adding educational materials to educate and convince billionaires to buy domain names etc....that's why I add Billionaire Buyers on menu bar.

The inside pages are ok at the moment..quite acceptable...but will continue updating anyway...

Thank you. :)

•••
You are right. I remove the green drop down menu in the menu. Agree, less is more..I get rid of slider...too clutter...I was carried away adding stuff.

Yes, there are other people comments...a guy ask me why I use Billionaire.Property which is nothing to do with domain name? I said as Billionaire Property keywords are on Google rank 1 page one, I want rich billionaires stumble to my website, hopefully they end up investing domain names as they have lots of money...It does make sense for him, so he then suggest me adding educational materials to educate and convince billionaires to buy domain names etc....that's why I add Billionaire Buyers on menu bar.

The inside pages are ok at the moment..quite acceptable...but will continue updating anyway...

Thank you. :)

I wasn't really paying a lot of attention to your inside pages, but from what I saw they were mostly OK.

You're welcome :)

•••
I wasn't really paying a lot of attention to your inside pages, but from what I saw they were mostly OK.

You're welcome :)
Once again, thank you for your generosity, time and effort in improving my website. Sometime, I need other opinions to motivate me change for the better.. :)

•••
For me. I don't see your reasoning to wanting The Billionaire Property text on every page. It doesn't make sense to me. But if that's what you want to do. It's up to you. But I would instead include it with the other text above it. I'd rearrange that text into 2 sections. "For Buyers" and "For Sellers". I would include the Billionaire Property text in the About Us page. But I don't see the need to include it on every inside page. YMMV.

And as I've mentioned I'd replace the 4 domain categories in the menu with "Domains For Sale" with the 4 categories in the dropdown menu. Clicking on a category taking you to that categories page.

You also need to fix all inside pages to get rid of the white space above the footer. My first and only comment about your inside pages because you originally only asked for improvements about your Home Page :)

Other than that. I'm done :)
Hi Stub, Hope you are well. Just want to check with you whether my website is slow to download in PC? Someone from NP member mentioned it to me. Thanks.

•••
There are 3 or 4 reasonably long pauses to completion. Which I hadn't noticed before. About 1 second each (from feeling). Which is a bit disturbing. What do Wix.com have to say about that? Since they are the hoster.

•••
What do you mean '3 or 4 reasonably long pauses to completion'? and '1 second each (from feeling)'.?

•••
see below

Last edited:
•••
Running in it's own window in Firefox, it completes loading in about 15 seconds. But we are waiting for wixstatic to close down for about another 5 seconds. But you can access the website after about 15 seconds. Compared to Chromium of a tad under 10 seconds (when wixstatic) has already closed down. So you decide for yourself if that is quick or slow. I know nothing about speed related issues. So cannot help.

Last edited:
•••
Running in it's own window in Firefox, it completes loading in about 15 seconds. But we are waiting for wixstatic to close down for about another 5 seconds. But you can access the website after about 15 seconds. Compared to Chromium of a tad under 10 seconds (when wixstatic) has already closed down. So you decide for yourself if that is quick or slow. I know nothing about speed related issues. So cannot help.
When I download with my home/domestic internet connection which is quite slow speed anyway, it is quite slow, but not annoying. When I download using internet connection in local govt public libraries, it downloads as quickly as other website such as Godaddy website. I think it is ok. It depends on your computer and internet service providers.....

•••
@Raymond C , @stub , with all due respect, but maybe you can move this site testing discussion to private? Thanks for understanding :rolleyes:

•••
@Raymond C , @stub , with all due respect, but maybe you can move this site testing discussion to private? Thanks for understanding :rolleyes:

I think it's resolved, reading Ray's last comments. But anyway I have nothing more I can add to this thread. Appreciate the "heads-up".

As an aside: I have started to take a look at Chrome though. Initially, I hated it, and preferred, Firefox. It's speed difference seems worth it.

•••
•••
@Doron Vermaat -I saw that Doron. I'm definitely going to have a go at setting up a website under Efty. As soon as I can clear some time on my schedule. The categories was the one thing holding me back.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back